1. Post #361
    April 2010
    12 Posts
    ok im not so good at this how do i download the stuff from the links to my addons

Edited:

How do i extract the wac helicopter and wac base from the link i really want play this

Edited:

any help

Edited:

by the way why not post those files for the helis on to garrysmod.org it would be a lot easier
    There's actually a link to a tutorial on the main post :p
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Svn#TortoiseSVN

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    I'd love to see a Vertibird for this, if possible. The engines could stay locked in the vertical position, since there'd be no room for it to fly horizontally for any length of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #363

September 2010
    57 Posts
    by the way i have phx. wire , tortoise svn all that stuff

Edited:

i dont kno how to extract the files from the internet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,028 Posts
    I cant control these for shit :argh:

5. Post #365
    January 2010
    2,745 Posts

Edited:

I wouldn't be surprised if you cannot read.

6. Post #366
    June 2008
    3,522 Posts
    I cant control these for shit :argh:
    I've actually gotten quite good with practice. Keep working at it and you'll get better.

7. Post #367
    April 2010
    12 Posts

Edited:

The link gives you all the information you need, there's no extraction involved with svn.

8. Post #368
    December 2009
    275 Posts
    --------------- Deleted, figured out meh problem --------------------

9. Post #369
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,873 Posts
    None of the Modern Warfare SWEPS have models. It's just an error. Also, when I fire the SRAW missiles, they are just errors, too. Any help?

Wait, nevermind. Fixed it.

10. Post #370

September 2010
    57 Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised if you cannot read.
    i asked for help not smart ass comments

11. Post #371
    January 2010
    2,745 Posts
    i asked for help not smart ass comments
    I meant you had to look a whole 2 POSTS above yours to find the answer.

12. Post #372
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Hey Welt, I know I'm not asking for much, but for the bigger helicopters could you possibly make it so the enemy NPC's attack you in them? It's really annoying when I want to have an NPC war and I'm in the bigger helicopter and they sit there and don't do anything, just stare. Could it be a conflicting addon? Because the small helicopter is attacked... The bigger ones, the NPC's sometimes run up to the window, stare, then walk away. I'll try it with some different NPC's with different AI. Thank you for this wonderful addon, it's my favorite so far! :3
    i lol'd when i read this

Edited:

Anyway, I have a couple of suggestions that I would like to see added to the SVN:

1. MORE GIBS!

2. *CRIES BECAUSE SOME STUFF ISN'T FIXED* D': FIX THE HELIS PLEASE!

*ahem*

And that's about it. Good day sir. And I almost forgot to add that this is the 3rd best addon for Garry's Mod I have seen.

Edited:

for the love of god. For the sake of humanity. Make a chinook and a black hawk. I will worship you as though you were a god.
    same here

13. Post #373
    August 2010
    30 Posts
    same here
    He did make a Black hawk (UH-60), it's just kinda missing a wheel or two.

14. Post #374
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Yes, I know that and have flown it, but it needs a little "polishing".

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    Chinooks and Blackhawks are overrated.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376

September 2010
    57 Posts
    I meant you had to look a whole 2 POSTS above yours to find the answer.
    which is excatly wat i did i was in a hurry when i posted that one so i didnt read anything

Edited:

ok im slow :P can u give me a step by step prob i may have a lot of time on gmod but im slow at things like this

Edited:

please

17. Post #377
    February 2009
    23 Posts
    This made my day I have been waiting for someone to use Similar BF2 Flying Mechanics on a Chopper in GMOD :D :D :D

This rocks, cant wait to see you finish all of the helicopters

18. Post #378
    January 2010
    2,745 Posts
    which is excatly wat i did i was in a hurry when i posted that one so i didnt read anything

Edited:

ok im slow :P can u give me a step by step prob i may have a lot of time on gmod but im slow at things like this

Edited:

please
    Right-Click on whatever the folder you want it in, click on SVN checkout, copy and paste the SVN link from OP into the website box, and click OK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Please could you stop requesting helicopters, because I almost always don't have the models for them.
    If you really want a helicopter and are not afraid of doing a little bit of work yourself:
    I need nice models. Decent textures, UV-Mapping etc.
    I need an interior. The higher the detail, the better.
    I need the rotors to be separated from the main model. If it has wheels, them too.
    It would be really awesome to see only requests that carry such a model with them.

20. Post #380
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Hmmmm... I just might have to learn how to port and LUA code just so there can be more helis...

Edited:

None of the Modern Warfare SWEPS have models. It's just an error. Also, when I fire the SRAW missiles, they are just errors, too. Any help?

Wait, nevermind. Fixed it.
    What was your fix? I am having the same problem.

21. Post #381
    Use models from games like BF2.

And a chinook.

And a HIND.

22. Post #382
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    Use models from games like BF2.

And a chinook.

And a HIND.
    goddamnit
    maybe I should stop making stuff for people that don't even try to understand me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #383
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Well, I do have some good models from a free mod for Battlefield Vietnam called Point of Existence, with helis like the AH-64 Apache and the Comanche that WeltEnSTurm tried to make. All I need to know is how to port them to the Source format. If anyone can tell me how I can contact Star Chick for instructions, let me know. Or you can just post the instructions as a reply to this. Thanks for your help.

24. Post #384
    September 2010
    413 Posts

Get this spam any time a UH-60 is spawned. I can start it up fine, but it doesn't accept any control inputs. All other choppers work fine.

It's a shame there aren't any decent AH-64 models floating around. Would love to see an Apache in this.
    I can probably get an Apache Longbow model for this, but I'll need to ask someone with experience in porting to show me how to port it, since I have no idea where it is located in my Battlefield folder.

25. Post #385
    December 2009
    8,000 Posts

please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

26. Post #386
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Okay, you need to stop requesting helicopters unless you have the model included. Seriously.

By the way... I think you should include the MH-53 in the SVN. It's cool and functional. No problems that I have seen with it, no bugs or errors. I say this again. You should include the MH-53 in the SVN.

27. Post #387

September 2010
    57 Posts
    Right-Click on whatever the folder you want it in, click on SVN checkout, copy and paste the SVN link from OP into the website box, and click OK.
    which link

28. Post #388
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,879 Posts
    !!! IDEA !!! Let's use things from the Military Models packs!
    Wow! As if you didn't even look at it! How many helicopters are in it that match my description?

Edited:

Well, I do have some good models from a free mod for Battlefield Vietnam called Point of Existence, with helis like the AH-64 Apache and the Comanche that WeltEnSTurm tried to make. All I need to know is how to port them to the Source format. If anyone can tell me how I can contact Star Chick for instructions, let me know. Or you can just post the instructions as a reply to this. Thanks for your help.
    So you got a game with helicopter models that sadly aren't in source format? Odd, me too.
    If I knew how to port from the BF engine, I would do it myself.

30. Post #390
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Okay... sorry for being a noob.

Edited:

Wow! As if you didn't even look at it! How many helicopters are in it that match my description?

Edited:

So you got a game with helicopter models that sadly aren't in source format? Odd, me too.
    If I knew how to port from the BF engine, I would do it myself.
    I was not asking you how to port models. I was asking you if you could kindly tell me how to contact StarChick so he/she can give me a tutorial.

Edited:

And, might I add, your description says nothing about the Military Models.

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    Hey, Welt, would your system support tiltrotor aircraft? I could get a V22 done for you if you're interested. Possibly a Vertibird, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    Hey, Welt, would your system support tiltrotor aircraft? I could get a V22 done for you if you're interested. Possibly a Vertibird, too.
    What is a vertibird?

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    What is a vertibird?
    It's from the Fallout series.

This is what the model I've got would look like. There is another design, but it's from the earlier Fallouts, where it wasn't a model, just a sprite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    September 2010
    413 Posts

Ah. I see. I don't have Fallout.

Is the vertibird model in Source format or in Fallout format?

35. Post #395
    September 2010
    74 Posts

[img]

This is what the model I've got would look like. There is another design, but it's from the earlier Fallouts, where it wasn't a model, just a sprite.
    I doubt that has any kind of interior, though, so unless you're willing to model one in it's kind of a moot point.

There is a disturbing lack of decent rotorcraft models with detailed interiors.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    I doubt that has any kind of interior, though, so unless you're willing to model one in it's kind of a moot point.

There is a disturbing lack of decent rotorcraft models with detailed interiors.
    I can rip the interior from Broken Steel, no big deal.

Edited:

Ah. I see. I don't have Fallout.

Is the vertibird model in Source format or in Fallout format?
    It'll be in .nif when I rip it, but .nifs convert fairly smoothly so I can probably find someone to do it.

37. Post #397
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    I can rip the interior from Broken Steel, no big deal.

Edited:

It'll be in .nif when I rip it, but .nifs convert fairly smoothly so I can probably find someone to do it.

How do you rip it? With what program?

Sorry for being so.... nosy, I guess... but I just want to learn this stuff.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    How do you rip it? With what program?

Sorry for being so.... nosy, I guess... but I just want to learn this stuff.
    There are several programs that can open .bsas. From there I just locate the model and texture files, extract them, organize them, archive them, and give them to anyone willing to compile them. vv

39. Post #399
    September 2010
    413 Posts
    There are several programs that can open .bsas. From there I just locate the model and texture files, extract them, organize them, archive them, and give them to anyone willing to compile them. vv
    That seems like a lot of work.

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    That seems like a lot of work.
    Maybe porting models isn't for you then. Fallout 3 is probably the easiest game to rip from in the history of forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)