1. Post #1
    February 2005
    16 Posts
    Alright, so I went to play Gmod earlier and Steam started throwing up an error saying "Game not Available." So I exited and restarted Steam, and it seemed to perform an update. Well after this large update (took a couple minutes instead of the usual minute or less), it showed I had no Steam games installed. Thing is, I've checked my folders and everything is still installed. So I let it reinstall Gmod. Ran it once it was finished, and it doesn't see any of my custom content. I'm guessing its thinking everything is installed to a different folder, but I can't find this supposed folder where it feels Gmod is installed. I can't post in the Steam forums yet, waiting for an admin to activate my account, so I thought I'd post here, see if anyone else has had a similar issues. Now several hours back, but still today, Gmod was running fine. But since then it won't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    Link to your account, we need to see if your a pirate or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2005
    16 Posts
    Someone's bossy. I'm not a fucking pirate, I purchased Gmod early on, and have been playin it since its early days. I'll link to my account anyway ye schmuck, just or prove to yer lil mind I'm not god damn pirate.

Here's my Steam profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/silverclaw

Here I am on garrysmod.org:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/user/?u=1258621&rnum=712677

Shall I give you my credit card number, social, birth date, and banking information as well?

Sorry, I'm looking for help, not to be accused of being a pirate.

4. Post #4
    March 2009
    3,125 Posts
    Calm down, you defensive asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,614 Posts
    He's hardly being bossy. It's normal procedure for problems with the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2005
    16 Posts
    Still none of this helps me with a major issue. How about some advice and help first rather than coming out of the gates with "Prove to me you're not a pirate." But whatever, I can see I'm not going to be able to find help here. I posted on the Steam forums, maybe someone there will actually help.

7. Post #7
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,433 Posts
    Still none of this helps me with a major issue. How about some advice and help first rather than coming out of the gates with "Prove to me you're not a pirate." But whatever, I can see I'm not going to be able to find help here. I posted on the Steam forums, maybe someone there will actually help.
    Well i'm not helping you, since you're a fucking asshole apparently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2010
    339 Posts
    Ok how about we quit raging and help a little.
    First start with validating the game cache. Right click on your game then click on properties and go to local files, click verify game cache.

If this does not work totally shut down steam (exit) go to your steam install directory (C: programfiles/steam/ (for example) look for 2 files called ClientRegistry.blob and AppUpdateStats.blob delete them and restart steam. This should totally fresh your client stat on your computer; this usually fixes those pesky issues.

9. Post #9
    February 2005
    16 Posts
    Wish I waited now, lul. I got pissed and tried uninstalling Steam, with mixed results. Had to manually delete the games after my computer (not just Steam but Windows XP itself) thought they were already uninstalled. Should be fine with most games, but worried about some of my more heavy handed DRM laced games (looking at you GTA IV, especially). But thanks for some actual advice. If I have the same issue again I'll do what you say.

10. Post #10

August 2010
    22 Posts
    Link to your account, we need to see if your a pirate or not.
    No, we don't. Your just an asshole. If he pirated GMod he would not be asking questions about steam, idiot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    No, we don't. Your just an asshole. If he pirated GMod he would not be asking questions about steam, idiot.
    Yes, because he totally couldn't use a fake Steam client emulator. Don't flame people unless you know what you're talking about.

12. Post #12

August 2010
    22 Posts
    Yes, because he totally couldn't use a fake Steam client emulator. Don't flame people unless you know what you're talking about.
    More legal test shit. To be fucking honest I could not care less if he pirated it or not as long as he is not a moron who cannot type.

13. Post #13
    March 2010
    339 Posts
    no problem that should work for you and if not simply ask steam support

14. Post #14
    August 2010
    33 Posts
    Wow.

Simply WOW.

It seems there is a lot of rage going on in this thread. Kinda scary. Not you, Geist, mostly the other guys. I understand that a problem causes anger, but wow anyways.