1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,527 Posts
    I politely asked 3 times in chat, once a day, how the game was different from WoW. Except for one person (who, coincidentally, actually could type correctly) I got typical fanboy answers like "It just is" and "The PVP takes more skill than WoW". One Guy though informed me that at end level there was going to be a large emphasis on world PVP objectives, something which Blizzard has neglected to do with WoW, for the most part.
    I'd say the Soul system is where it's most different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
    The thing I love about Rift is that it is like World of Warcraft. I love World of Warcraft and I think it's a great MMO, but at the moment I'm bored of it. What better thing to do then begin playing an MMO that is similar to WoW, but with different content, raids, instances, classes, skills, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #363
    June 2010
    908 Posts
    Ywa, i think RIFT is WoW, but with a Great Look, Unique Talent System/ Character Custimazation, and world/player friendly Events. You can be Hardcore when you want, or laid back casual and still get some progression in the game. Play how you want. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    got a VIP beta key, when's the next beta. feb 4th right? i can't fucking wait to play
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    January 2007
    39 Posts
    got a VIP beta key, when's the next beta. feb 4th right? i can't fucking wait to play
    Yea. I might preorder it but I want to play the beta beforehand. I'm very excited! I was going to use the money towards Dragon Age 2 but I think that will have to wait now.

Btw, I'm also wondering when the next beta is.

6. Post #366
    June 2010
    908 Posts
    Febuary 2-4th i believe. then after that there is 1 more, then release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts
    Where can I get a (working) Beta key? O'd love to try this game, see if it's worth the purchase/payments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,992 Posts
    Where can I get a (working) Beta key? O'd love to try this game, see if it's worth the purchase/payments.
    Try these. i doubt all of them have been used

3FGG-P6H6-CG27-C67Q-LEZQ
    10 uses or so left, Expect some HD PVP footage from me, might do a write-up on the rogue melee classes in general

sent :3

Edited:

Fuck it, I'll post the code here. Rift for all!

HM3N-RELD-62NJ-JK7H-JP37
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts
    So, i'd make an account on Trion?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,992 Posts
    So, i'd make an account on Trion?
    Make an account, apply key.

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts
    wuv woo!

Edited:

So.. Now that I have, I just wait for the Beta to start, download, and play?

12. Post #372
    June 2010
    908 Posts
    Yay, all come to Tearfall. World PvP at its greatest.

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,233 Posts
    Yay, all come to Tearfall. World PvP at its greatest.
    I've never really been that interested in PvP, but there's no reason why i can't try it.
    What classes do people recommend?

14. Post #374
    June 2010
    908 Posts
    There are 4 classes. In each 9 Souls ( 1 pvp that you can buy so dont say im incorrect) IT all comes to your play style. Watch some videos on the classes and Souls and just wing it, in RIFT you can play how you want.

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,992 Posts
    wuv woo!
    :3:
    So.. Now that I have, I just wait for the Beta to start, download, and play?
    You'll get an email just before the beta starts, you accept this beta's EULA and whatnot, gives a download link and voila.

I've never really been that interested in PvP, but there's no reason why i can't try it.
    What classes do people recommend?
    I'm compleatly in love with the blade dancer, its a light-armoured DPS that stands toe-to-toe with plate, You can see my pvp vid on it here, should give you an idea what it plays like

i made a pvp montage :buddy:

16. Post #376
    January 2010
    76 Posts
    For all who don't know beta schedules:
    Beta 6: Planar War
    Feb 4th, 18:00 GMT - Feb 7th, 18:00 GMT
    Levels 1-35

Beta 7: Telara the Merciless
    Feb 15th, 18:00 GMT - Feb 21nd, 18:00 GMT
    Levels 1-42
    Repost for all who are wondering beta times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
    Anyone know what class/soul (or the one specifically that has the music-playing) the person in this video is?

The whole music/guitar thing is appealing it to me. It reminds me of the Warden from Lord of the Rings online.

Edited:

I think it's Bard.

Edited:

Oh wow, I'm stupid. It says right at the beginning of the video.

18. Post #378
    June 2010
    908 Posts
    Anyone know what class/soul (or the one specifically that has the music-playing) the person in this video is?

The whole music/guitar thing is appealing it to me. It reminds me of the Warden from Lord of the Rings online.

Edited:

I think it's Bard.

Edited:

Oh wow, I'm stupid. It says right at the beginning of the video.
    Meh Rogues in general feel repetitive to me. Is stick with mages. And i play my own music. :cool:

Edited:

Just Kenji, your video is boss. You wrecked, I PvP alot aswell, ( Pyro / Necro / Arcon ) Maybe one beta well team up and kida try 2's out, and dual. i always like to render rogues Useless.

Edited:

Alsor whats your Soul Layout.

19. Post #379
    October 2009
    549 Posts
    Meh Rogues in general feel repetitive to me. Is stick with mages. And i play my own music. :cool:

Edited:

Just Kenji, your video is boss. You wrecked, I PvP alot aswell, ( Pyro / Necro / Arcon ) Maybe one beta well team up and kida try 2's out, and dual. i always like to render rogues Useless.

Edited:

Alsor whats your Soul Layout.
    That reminds me, the general player really sucks at pvp. I queued with 2 of my mates and we wrecked the BG with eachother, we forced our team mates to guard the flag and make it a true king of the hill battle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    July 2007
    176 Posts
    I just created a Trion account and applied a VIP beta key to it yesterday, what are my chances of getting into the next beta (which starts tomorrow I think)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events

21. Post #381
    October 2009
    5,089 Posts
    About 1/5000 get in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #382
    July 2007
    176 Posts
    Wow, I read somewhere else that most people manage to get in, but I guess that could be wrong.

23. Post #383
    i suck big dick. allegedly.
    July 2009
    1,695 Posts
    No, if you apply a VIP Beta key, you WILL get in. So don't worry. You should get an e-mail soon saying that you've gotten in.

24. Post #384
    July 2007
    176 Posts
    Oh, awesome, thanks for the good news.

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,584 Posts
    I haven't gotten an invite yet but I don't think I will want to play anyway. I already have an 85 in World of Warcraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,702 Posts
    I haven't gotten an invite yet but I don't think I will want to play anyway. I already have an 85 in World of Warcraft.
    ... so? I don't see how having a level 85 in World of Warcraft prevents you from as I would put it 'broadening your horizons'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,992 Posts
    i have three 85's and if anything, makes me want RIFT more. :ohdear:

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,584 Posts
    ... so? I don't see how having a level 85 in World of Warcraft prevents you from as I would put it 'broadening your horizons'.
    It's the same game, but for one I already have the game and all the expansions purchased, as well as a decently geared out max level character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #389
    January 2010
    76 Posts
    Beta invites are coming out now. Hopefully i can get my character to at least 20

30. Post #390
    January 2011
    49 Posts
    Beta invites are coming out now. Hopefully i can get my character to at least 20
    Still havent gotten mine. :saddowns:

31. Post #391
    July 2007
    176 Posts
    I just got my beta invitation in the mail, downloading the game now.

32. Post #392
    December 2008
    172 Posts
    Is anyone having trouble creating a Trion Account?

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,992 Posts
    Yeah, i can't login to mine.

Wonder why i havn't recieved an email yet. hrm.

34. Post #394
    January 2010
    76 Posts
    I do believe they send emails out in waves, so as long as your a vip you will get it sometime today.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
    My brother and I got the Collector's Editions from one of my friends. :buddy:

Now I wait 26 days.

36. Post #396
    Ask me about my everything fetish.
    August 2006
    3,497 Posts
    It's the same game, but for one I already have the game and all the expansions purchased, as well as a decently geared out max level character.
    Oh hey, you're one of those people that don't pay any attention to the story or the world at all and just mindlessly grind and do dungeons/raids.

Rift's gameplay is very similar to WoW, yes.
    But I personally also read the quest text and find out as much about the world as possible.
    Not to mention expore new lands, do interesting new dungeons or raids, etc.
    That's a very strong part of Rift because it's completely new and free for exploration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    January 2010
    76 Posts
    I need to read the quest text, for the past few betas i've just run through it without caring. Also hows the pvp?

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,356 Posts
    Aw, haven't gotten my invite yet, although I applied a VIP key a week ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,584 Posts
    Oh hey, you're one of those people that don't pay any attention to the story or the world at all and just mindlessly grind and do dungeons/raids.

Rift's gameplay is very similar to WoW, yes.
    But I personally also read the quest text and find out as much about the world as possible.
    Not to mention expore new lands, do interesting new dungeons or raids, etc.
    That's a very strong part of Rift because it's completely new and free for exploration.
    Exploration is cool but I like dumb things like gameplay :[

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
    Exploration is cool but I like dumb things like gameplay :[
    If you really think Rift and World of Warcraft are the "same game", then why wouldn't you simply imagine it as a large expansion that just got released for World of Warcraft that adds a ton of new classes, a ton of new instances, raids, quests, leveling zones, spells, mounts, armor, items, better graphics, etc.?

I don't see why you people like to sit back and say "omg lol its jut like wow y play it?"

You can compare every MMO on the market to another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)