1. Post #441
    February 2010
    278 Posts
    I don't get people saying that it's a WoW or Guild Wars or whatever clone. According to you EVERY MMO is a WoW clone. The developers are trying to make a successful game for us to enjoy, so what if it took elements from another game. You shouldn't look at that. Look at the end product, APB was as original as it gets, did that game become successful, no. Don't confuse originality with quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #442
    Tey
    PM ME FOR RUST KEYS!!
    June 2010
    2,144 Posts
    because it is a wow clone

thats what makes it so good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #443
    July 2010
    103 Posts
    I don't get people saying that it's a WoW or Guild Wars or whatever clone. According to you EVERY MMO is a WoW clone. The developers are trying to make a successful game for us to enjoy, so what if it took elements from another game. You shouldn't look at that. Look at the end product, APB was as original as it gets, did that game become successful, no. Don't confuse originality with quality.
    I agree with you on this point but at the same time it's a sad turn of events. APB was trying to be innovative sadly it sucked, which is going to scare other Publishers from backing a game that isn't guaranteed to make them some money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #444
    January 2010
    3,879 Posts

if anything its more similar to warhammer online which was a good MMO anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #445
    January 2011
    49 Posts
    This just looks... generic.
    Like there's no hook or anything original at all. The world seems just that generic fantasy setting. Classes are the typical 'Melee/MeleeWithHiding/Caster/Healer' blandness. Pvp isn't anything new. Gameplay looks same as every other mmo out there.
    Races are beyond bland, can they really not think of anything other than elves and dwarves?
    The 'souls' thing seems somewhat interesting, but won't make the game fun.
    The classes are bland? Considering there are 32 classes(souls) and you can combine three of them at once. Yeah definitely bland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #446
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    servers are supposed to be up in the next hour or so right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #447
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    I wouldn't say any other MMO is a WoW clone, except Rift, Warhammer Online (in its current state) and Runes of Magic.

Edited:

Also this.

8. Post #448
    October 2009
    5,011 Posts
    Raidyr is just hating because he didn't get into the beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #449
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,057 Posts
    servers are supposed to be up in the next hour or so right?
    Yep. 37 Minutes. It's the only reason I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night. Every time a Defiant calls a Guardian by their faction name I can't help but think of Megabyte.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #450
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    what server is everyone on and which side?

11. Post #451
    January 2010
    76 Posts
    Im on sunrest, defiant.
    Also check out my turtle!

12. Post #452
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    quick question

i've got a intel dual core 3.06 GHz processor, 4 gigs of ram and an Nvidia GeForce 9400.

i thought i could run this game well, but i'm getting like 10-15 fps on lowest settings. :-/
    anyone else have anything they disable/enable to make it run better?

with low quality rendering, i can run everything that i can enable at max with no problem.
    weird but i guess it'll have to do if i can't do anything else

13. Post #453
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    Raidyr is just hating because he didn't get into the beta
    I am in the beta

14. Post #454
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,638 Posts
    I got into the beta and downloaded the client so I could be prepared. Started it up and it's making me redownload everything. 2.50gb done, only 5gb to go. :smithicide:
    On a side note, how long should it take to finish that objective to enter that contest for a GPU? Keeping in mind that this is the first RIFT beta I've tried.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #455

February 2011
    1 Posts
    For everyone that hasnt been in beta since the start or p1-3, Dont troll or talk in world chat. All it is, is Bull shit and people bitching ab out WoW, and also dont bring this bullshit on the forums aswell.

Edited:

Thank you and this is just a warning to the newer people in the beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #456
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,356 Posts
    Got my dude to level 10, I just feel like the game needs something to keep me playing.
    Rifts and cities getting attacked is quite fun, but only for a short time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

17. Post #457
    January 2008
    645 Posts
    Cool, still have my character from the last beta!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

18. Post #458
    October 2008
    912 Posts
    Just played for the first time, it's incredibly polished for being in beta.

19. Post #459
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,376 Posts
    I can't even log in. Says my server is in queue with 78 people remaining, hour later can't get in.

20. Post #460
    January 2011
    49 Posts
    I have the 89% bug. Great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #461
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,987 Posts
    I'm loving this, the Bull's Charge ability is pretty much the most fun Charge ability in any MMO ever. The visual effect alone is just awesome.

22. Post #462
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,638 Posts
    After about 4 hours of straight play I think I can say that it's awesome
    If the monthly sub is affordable for me I may just pick it up.

23. Post #463
    July 2007
    176 Posts
    Finally get to play after a 30 hour download at 100kB/s, my router breaking down and having to visit family.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events

24. Post #464
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,987 Posts
    The whole reason I rolled a Warrior is because someone told me that you unlock the Heroic Leap style ability with them, later I find out that it's a Bahami racial so I've had to re-roll :saddowns:

25. Post #465
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    So how do I get into beta? I want in :(

26. Post #466
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,987 Posts
    Pre-Order or get a VIP key.

27. Post #467
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    Can't pre-order, VIP key I guess is the only way :(

28. Post #468
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,356 Posts
    Can't pre-order, VIP key I guess is the only way :(
    http://www.zam.com/giveaways/rift.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

29. Post #469
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,351 Posts
    Haha, I got in by saying "Just another shitty game". I won't be playing it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #470
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    so does anyone else not sleep when betas are out? that's what's happening to me
    fuck everything else, I'm going to play rift for 3 days straight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #471
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,638 Posts
    Damn it, just read the beta FAQ and found out that you lose your characters when the full game comes out. I was getting so attached to my character too. :smith:

32. Post #472
    March 2010
    336 Posts
    Cannot wait to try this game!! Got into the beta somehow, just signed up an hour ago.

Sucks I work alll weekend >:(

33. Post #473
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,041 Posts
    so does anyone else not sleep when betas are out? that's what's happening to me
    fuck everything else, I'm going to play rift for 3 days straight
    I sleep fine, since I don't have to worry about when the beta days are to be able to play Rift. :smug:

I'm on the Omega server.

34. Post #474
    March 2010
    1,433 Posts
    Both me and my friend hit level 20 today. Sorted out my second role. Feeling like a boss.

35. Post #475
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,638 Posts
    Since I no longer see a reason to have a high levelled character in the beta since it'll just get deleted eventually, I shall take this beta period as a chance to try every class to pick my perma-character for the full game. vv

36. Post #476
    March 2010
    1,433 Posts
    What I'm doing is playing my Guardian guy (dwarf cleric) as much as possible, then playing Defiant upon release (I hear defiant is a fucktonne better)

37. Post #477
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts
    marksman/ranger/riftstalker sound good?

first character that i got to level 16 was destroying in pve and pvp with the planar tunic and bow
    looked like a derp so i made a new one and decided to be full ranged with riftstalker for survivability and for the teleports

38. Post #478

November 2010
    375 Posts
    Did they optimize this yet? It ran like shit on my intel core 2 quad @ 2.9GHz, 4gb DDR2 ram, AMD 6870 1GB. It was a great game, but it ran like shit.

39. Post #479
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,697 Posts
    Did they optimize this yet? It ran like shit on my intel core 2 quad @ 2.9GHz, 4gb DDR2 ram, AMD 6870 1GB. It was a great game, but it ran like shit.
    They fixed it (and added AA) as far as I know. I was running at around 15 FPS no matter what setting I was on before, now I run at 30 FPS in highest and 50+ fps on lowest.

40. Post #480
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,134 Posts
    Started playing it, and for some reason I am really enjoying it. The combat is similar to World of Warcraft, but it is actually entertaining in this.