1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,563 Posts
    Title pretty much says it all. Is it possible to have the Windows 7 background slideshow shuffle between wallpapers, but to have it put two different wallpapers on each of my monitors?

I know that there are programs that will let you do different wallpapers on each monitor, but I don't think they're compatible with the slideshow feature.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    355 Posts
    Try this. I don't have more than one monitor but I think it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,240 Posts
    All you need to do is make images that are the resolution of both of your monitors, and then set them to tile or something.

I was able to get an adobe logo flashing on one screen using said method.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    435 Posts
    Get......
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

That should do it.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,175 Posts
    Nisd; posted:
    Get......
    http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

That should do it.
    That is wasteful, why should he run another program in the background when he can easily do it by doing this:

1. Put the two wallpapers you want side by side in a new image (I have two 1080p monitors so the new picture ended up being 3960x1080)

2. Set this image as your wallpaper, and click the tile button.

No additional programs necessary.

6. Post #6
    bye
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,081 Posts
    That is wasteful, why should he run another program in the background when he can easily do it by doing this:

1. Put the two wallpapers you want side by side in a new image (I have two 1080p monitors so the new picture ended up being 3960x1080)

2. Set this image as your wallpaper, and click the tile button.

No additional programs necessary.
    time spent editing two photos together

7. Post #7
    July 2008
    1,027 Posts
    DisplayFusion

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,737 Posts
    DisplayFusion
    This, but just one problem:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,969 Posts
    I have 2 1920x1080 monitors and I managed to find/make a bunch of 3840x1080 wallpapers, and they cycle through every hour. No need for any dual monitor software, just set the image alignment to tile and it works just fine.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,175 Posts
    time spent editing two photos together
    It takes all of 30 seconds to make a new image and paste the two pictures.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,563 Posts
    It takes all of 30 seconds to make a new image and paste the two pictures.
    You didn't read my post. I want to use the background slideshow as well.

I have over 1700 different backgrounds in my slideshow. In order to get this working by the method you described, I would have to make at least 850 images by hand. That's further complicated by the fact that the images come in a wide variety of resolutions and I make them fit my display using the "Fit" option in Windows. If I use the "Tile" option, I would have to crop and resize most of the backgrounds first.

And if I ever download more wallpapers or if I get a new monitor with a different resolution, I would have to redo the entire process. So your solution is not satisfactory.

12. Post #12
    January 2009
    436 Posts
    This, but just one problem:

That can be easily fixed.
       By buying it. NO WAREZ HERE   

Edited:

But seriously, it's worth it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2010
    1,828 Posts
    i dualscreen, and i find that the easiest way is to press printscreen, paste into photoshop and go over both desktop areas with the image you want. you can then set the image to tiled background and it will tile from 0,0 (top left)

this is what displayfusion and ultramon do but you can just do it yourself

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    I have 2 1920x1080 monitors and I managed to find/make a bunch of 3840x1080 wallpapers, and they cycle through every hour. No need for any dual monitor software, just set the image alignment to tile and it works just fine.
    You mind telling me where you got those? I've been looking for something like that.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,563 Posts
    I find it hilarious that almost everyone in this thread didn't fully read my posts. My point was that I wanted to use the background slideshow as well as have two different backgrounds on each monitor. Editing two images together does not easily solve that problem (especially since I have almost 2000 backgrounds).

The program that Zaldos posted works great! And unlike DisplayFusion it does it for free.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,175 Posts
    I find it hilarious that almost everyone in this thread didn't fully read my posts. My point was that I wanted to use the background slideshow as well as have two different backgrounds on each monitor. Editing two images together does not easily solve that problem (especially since I have almost 2000 backgrounds).

The program that Zaldos posted works great! And unlike DisplayFusion it does it for free.
    Except you never mentioned having 2k images before we suggested editing two photos together.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,969 Posts
    You mind telling me where you got those? I've been looking for something like that.
    wallpaperswide.com has a few, the rest were from various google searches. I think there was a lifehacker article with a bunch of links to dual monitor wallpaper sites, I'll link it if I can find it again.

Edited:

not the exact article, but this works too:

http://lifehacker.com/5268060/70-wal...-dual-monitors

Edited:

here we are:

http://lifehacker.com/5526025/make-t...s-in-windows-7

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,563 Posts
    Except you never mentioned having 2k images before we suggested editing two photos together.
    Granted, but that's a hacky solution. Even if I only had 20 wallpapers that method would still be a massive pain in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)