1. Post #1
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    November 2009
    4,814 Posts
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section or hastily typed.

UVB-76 is the callsign of a shortwave radio station that usually broadcasts on the frequency 4625 kHz (AM suppressed lower sideband). It is known among radio listeners by the nickname The Buzzer. It features a short, monotonous About this sound buzz tone (help·info), repeating at a rate of approximately 25 tones per minute, for 24 hours per day. The station has been observed since around 1982.[1] On rare occasions, the buzzer signal is interrupted and a voice transmission in Russian takes place. Only three to four such events have been noted. Despite much speculation, the actual purpose of this station remains unknown.
    I've been monitoring the transmission for several hours, after what sounded like a television or radio was placed close to the mic, and objects could be heard falling near the mic.

Several minutes ago, UVB-76 transmitted a sequence of Morse code signals.

I'm uploading my recordings now.

You can listen here: http://uvb-76.blogspot.com/, or listen to the broadcasts on Justin.tv: http://www.justin.tv/rampageturke/#/w/339155344/2

Edited:

Here's some of the recordings I've gathered over the past few hours:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/recording1-21-47-len.mp3

Start time: 02:31 PM Eastern
    End time: 02:52 PM Eastern

Here's the morse code transmission: http://filesmelt.com/dl/trans3morse-03-33pm_eastern.mp3

Recorded at 3:33PM Eastern; the actual transmission begins around 2:45 in the file. Also notice the beep just before and immediately after the morse code transmission.

Edited:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: UPDATE :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

August 23, 2010 9:35AM PST Voice transmission confirmed

I hate to pour more oil on this fire as there are steady 60+ listeners on stream already, but streamer arhive recordings show that the August 23. voice transmission is genuine and has happened! Please find the recording here.
    Most received it garbaged, as the transmission was taking place almost entirely on upper sideband (USB), as most of the normal UVB-76 transmissions are. (Although it is not pure USB, as the carrier is present).

Link to confirmed transmission

So now we have official confirmation.

Edited:

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: UPDATE :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Another transmissions were received on the 25th of August:
    25/08/10 11:53 GMT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative x 152Dumb x 13Late x 8Optimistic x 4Winner x 2Bad Spelling x 2Useful x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Loves bratwurst, hates jews
    July 2008
    2,874 Posts
    Remember when UVB-76 was down?

Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 136Agree x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,420 Posts
    Doesn't sound like anything is happening now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 22Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Huh. Strange. Starting to wonder if this is a hoax or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

5. Post #5
    ONION
    April 2005
    1,630 Posts
    This is some intense buzzing. Interesting nonetheless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,382 Posts
    When I go to http://uk3-pn.mixstream.net/8026.m3u it complains of a missing plugin. I'm unaware of any plugins missing. What do I do?

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,117 Posts

THE WORLD IS GONNA END I TELL Y'ALL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Funny x 233Agree x 4Informative x 2Late x 2Dumb x 2Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!
    March 2008
    3,588 Posts
    Cosmic_Duck had this in his thread some time back. Still pretty freaky, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,525 Posts
    Quickly everyone, into the fallout shelters!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,965 Posts
    Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,898 Posts
    TO THE AUSTRALIA.

/caps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 92Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2009
    641 Posts
    Alright gents, stock up with them shotties. Them dead be coming, i tell ya!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 54Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,051 Posts
    There was a transmission earlier this summer as well, I was lucky enough to hear it. Should have recorded it, didn't think about it at the time. I think it's mentioned on wikipedia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,809 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    372 Posts
    Russian Morse code is slightly different: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Morse_code

Decipher it and I can translate from Russian.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Moldova, Republic of Show Events Friendly Friendly x 73 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2010
    2,562 Posts

O SHIT! Teh world is ending and I am the only one to know about it!!! where should I put to use my only chance of broadcasting the message and saving millions of lives? hmmm.... on /b/!! :buddy:

nice read, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Tunisia Show Events Agree Agree x 28Dumb Dumb x 5Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    November 2008
    757 Posts

I fucking hope not.if so then what the fuck will happen to me?better print those info pics I got from 4chan the other day,104mb worth of info there :frogc00l:

Edited:

fucking /b/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree x 12Dumb x 3Optimistic x 1Bad Spelling x 1Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2010
    5,054 Posts
    Packing up my bug-out-bag now. I've also loaded the Gun and Fueled up the car. I've taken from now until September off from work. A theory on the internet is obviously true so I am preparing for the worst.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 159Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,404 Posts
    hasnt the station done weird things before already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2007
    198 Posts
    hasnt the station done weird things before already?
    Yes.

There's been at least three other reported incidents of irregular activity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member

August 2009
    1,355 Posts
    The buzzing is getting louder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,491 Posts
    Has anyone deciphered it yet?

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,470 Posts
    They still havent sent real-life s.t.a.l.k.e.r.s to find out whats at the antenna?! :arghfist::saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 78Funny Funny x 5 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,266 Posts
    Wait so, it stopped for a couple a weeks and came back, or what? What happened?

25. Post #25
    http://uk3-pn.mixstream.net/8026.m3u When I go here, I see something saying WAITING FOR VIDEO, and its been like 20 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2007
    198 Posts
    Wait so, it stopped for a couple a weeks and came back, or what? What happened?
    I've gathered there was an odd disruption in the normal behavior of the transmission (odd background noise, some morse code, ect.) It's been confirmed that the sound is being fed into a mic, hence why other noises that are clearly personnel of some sort can be heard from time to time.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,791 Posts
    Eh, if NK uses nuclear weapons China would never side with them. But if it was conventional warfare, then China very well could. Unless China knows that NK was set up and that it was really the US who detonated the bomb, well, then of course China and likely Russia would ally with them.

Anyway, the conspiracy above is of course bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,928 Posts
    Decipher the morse code god damnit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,814 Posts
    Can't stop to listening uvb-76. It's both creepy and cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    372 Posts
    The damn honking noise is interfering with the code.

Also I suck at Morse code. Someone decipher it and post the Russian words and I'll translate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Moldova, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,534 Posts
    There's a weird screech noise that happens after a buzz every now and again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,515 Posts

"Oh gee, I'm gonna reveal some government secrets, I better get a tripcode with some prophecy-ish name"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 64Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,518 Posts
    BEEP BEEP BEEP
    Nothing much is happening atm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,534 Posts
    "Oh gee, I'm gonna reveal some government secrets, I better get a tripcode with some prophecy-ish name"
    more like "I better do it on 4chan".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,656 Posts
    If this was so top secret I am pretty sure it would be on a more secure line rather than a broadcasting tower free for everyone to listen.

Yeah I am 100% sure this is nothing important.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,046 Posts
    Russian Morse code is slightly different: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Morse_code

Decipher it and I can translate from Russian.
    Looks the same as normal morse to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    Is it possible that someone is sending that out on a frequency really close to this one making it interfere?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,517 Posts
    its the survivors of oceanic flight 815 signaling for help
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 113Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,046 Posts
    Is it possible that someone is sending that out on a frequency really close to this one making it interfere?
    Presumably the frequencies nearby aren't in use or someone nearby might be transmitting and you're picking it up by accident I know I used to pick up the local repeater though my speakers every now and again.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,068 Posts
    Presumably the frequencies nearby aren't in use or someone nearby might be transmitting and you're picking it up by accident I know I used to pick up the local repeater though my speakers every now and again.
    You can be nowhere near and send it out as long as you can slightly overpower it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)