1. Post #281
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Is it just me or do the roads and rivers in the demo look like complete shit?
    They does, some other minor graphical glitches but nothing that isn't going to be fixed later.

Edited:

I think that post is missing something...
    Oh yeah, how you did it.
    Any memory editor like ArtMoney, just find Integer value for the turn and freeze it.

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    I've been playing Civ 3, It's upsetting me.

Also I want then to remake Civ 2, It was awesome playing in space with aliens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

3. Post #283
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,188 Posts

Uh oh graphics error.

Victory for the glorious empire of communist/fascist alliance of Japan and Dublin!

4. Post #284
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Just bought it from Steam.
    Preparing for all nighter (nothing important in school tomorrow anyway)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    February 2010
    670 Posts
    One of the things I hated most about Civ IV was that whenever you had an undefended city; barbarians (or any units) could waltz right in and capture it. I'm glad to see that part of the game out.

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,497 Posts
    For some reason it won't open in DX11 on my computer..

7. Post #287
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    Any one know if theres a world editor ingame thing like in Civ4? I loved playing around with that.
    Reposting for new page.

8. Post #288
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,478 Posts
    Gah, too bad I'm not getting Civ V until sometime next month. I'll try the demo though.

Edited:

The graphical advancement from Civ IV to V makes me jizz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts
    currently at 351 turns, year is 1931 and I have tiger tanks ready to steam roll France, sadly it wont let me declare war on them :saddowns:

10. Post #290
    June 2009
    4,053 Posts
    currently at 351 turns, year is 1931 and I have tiger tanks ready to steam roll France, sadly it wont let me declare war on them :saddowns:
    Try contacting them and declare war in the message area. Sometimes rightclicking on their units/teritory doesn't work.

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts

Uh oh graphics error.

Victory for the glorious empire of communist/fascist alliance of Japan and Dublin!
    Nah thats just atlantis rising back up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    I've crashed twice in the past half hour from right clicking on something in my cities production queue.

Guess I'll stop doing that then.

13. Post #293
    June 2010
    171 Posts
    It wont let me open it in Dx10 or 11 nothing happens and if i do Dx9 then it crashes as soon as it loads i have steam version.

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts
    Try contacting them and declare war in the message area. Sometimes rightclicking on their units/teritory doesn't work.
    Have already tried that, it say's I have a peace treaty with them, but that was almost 150 turns ago.

15. Post #295
    August 2010
    334 Posts
    I am going to get this, but how different is it from Civ 4?

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,155 Posts
    Just played 100 turns on the demo, England are dicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #297
    I asked Obama about Facepunch and all I got was molested by the Secret Service
    December 2009
    4,144 Posts
    The concept is still the same ,but there are a lot of new features and a few removed like religion. That's just what from I've played so far though someone else can explain it better.

18. Post #298
    I'm having a lot of instability at the moment.

My game was running fine for 3 hours and then it's started crapping out.

Luckily, I lowered the auto save number.

19. Post #299
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Bismarck has been a dick to me since 1925 AD, so I trapped his infantry in a narrow valley with mountains on both sides and pushed in from the top and bottom of the valley. He has no military because of this, and I already have tanks pushing their way to Berlin.

20. Post #300

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    Just finished the demo and England was very nice to me, always offering open borders and everything.

21. Post #301
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Any one know if theres a world editor ingame thing like in Civ4? I loved playing around with that.
    It's called the Tuner and it's being added later I think, because I can't find it either. World Builder (what you used in Civ 4) is now an external map editor.

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,542 Posts
    Bought it and downloaded it, now to just wait for releasing.

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,421 Posts
    The demo has convinced me to get this game.

It was so much fun.

24. Post #304
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    8,381 Posts
    Damnit, game runs ass slow on my laptop.

It's not the greatest laptop though. Oh well, I still have 3 and 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts
    We should have a game sometime, maybe on the weekend if anyone wants.

26. Post #306
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    Wish I had the money for this

27. Post #307
    I keep crashing.

Urgh. :bang:

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,496 Posts
    From playing a bunch of demo games;

It sure feels different. As an example, in Civ 4 you need Universal Sufferage to be able to use gold to speed up production in a city. So really you need to work to get two things- Universal sufferage and enough gold to pay for what you want. It's not quick or easy, you have to sacrifice stuff to get there fast.

In Civ 5 demo you can straight out just buy what you want if you have the gold, and in the demo I'm piling up more gold than I ever saw in a game of Civ 4. I'm guessing that later in the full game a shit ton of gold is needed, that's why it flows like water in the early game of the demo.

29. Post #309
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Easy question for you guys: Civ 5 or Dead Rising 2? After that, how long do multiplayer games usually last?

30. Post #310
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I forgot that attacking workers meant that the unit moved to their position.
    I lost my level 7 archer that had been sieging a city-state for 1200 years straight.

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts
    Easy question for you guys: Civ 5 or Dead Rising 2? After that, how long do multiplayer games usually last?
    I have yet to play online for more then 4 hours, and that was on Civ 4 and we never even got very far.

I have played almost 12 hours against bots, I assume a multiplayer match would be longer.gl

32. Post #312
    July 2009
    1,148 Posts
    Yes! "Alright, everyone. Sleep break! Meet back at 1:00 P.M. tomorrow Eastern time and we'll continue!" Awesomeness.

33. Post #313
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,620 Posts
    They does, some other minor graphical glitches but nothing that isn't going to be fixed later.

Edited:

Any memory editor like ArtMoney, just find Integer value for the turn and freeze it.
    Why not give me proper instruction, as I don't use Artmoney, instead I just use cheat engine, and I try to cheat gold and the turns to freeze but failed because turn got 193 addresses and fucks things up if I freeze them all together.

34. Post #314
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    5,188 Posts
    No, Ghandi is a dick. He keeps expanding his empire into my silver and iron mines then threatening me with military action when he has a single warrior unit and I have five planes.

35. Post #315
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Awww, I'm sad. I just crashed and my last save was maybe 30 mins away. Damnit.

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,485 Posts
    Yeehoo, I can actually run this game. This overjoys me.

37. Post #317
    August 2010
    334 Posts
    Oh, does it still have that thing where someone vassals the country you're fighting against so suddenly you have to go up against a Mega-Civ?

38. Post #318
    April 2010
    4,417 Posts
    wowza, just stopped a 5 hour playing session. they really improved combat. hexagons are awesome too.

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,735 Posts
    Playing the demo, first time civ player

It's extremely confusing, I'm not sure exactly what to do or where to go. I'm pretty much just randomly researching things wihtout really knowing exactly why such things are important to me, and they don't seem to affect much.

I've got two cities, my second one produces units so slow it might as well not exist (takes 20 turns to make a worker...)

I'm not exactly sure if it's beneficial to throw all my money towards city states or to just try and research luxury farming myself.

Anyone have a quick-and-dirty guide to this game? Clearly there is a massive amount of depth to it, and I've been playing with tooltip mode enabled, but this only tells you so much. I'm at a point where I am not really doing anything except skipping turns because I don't know what to -do- really, except sending my scouting party around of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,545 Posts
    Playing the demo, first time civ player

It's extremely confusing, I'm not sure exactly what to do or where to go. I'm pretty much just randomly researching things wihtout really knowing exactly why such things are important to me, and they don't seem to affect much.

I've got two cities, my second one produces units so slow it might as well not exist (takes 20 turns to make a worker...)

I'm not exactly sure if it's beneficial to throw all my money towards city states or to just try and research luxury farming myself.

Anyone have a quick-and-dirty guide to this game? Clearly there is a massive amount of depth to it, and I've been playing with tooltip mode enabled, but this only tells you so much. I'm at a point where I am not really doing anything except skipping turns because I don't know what to -do- really, except sending my scouting party around of course.
    Spend some time in the tech tree and see what each tech gives you and leads you too next.

You'll pick up the game quite quickly if you stay at it.