1. Post #401
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,488 Posts
    I hate people saying IV is better.

Don't they remember people saying III was better than iv when it came out?

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    First Civ game I played was Call to Power. I liked all the futuristic stuff it had, like underwater cities and shields. The pollution mechanic was cool too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,542 Posts
    11 more hours, and i have work tomorrow. Damn.
    Oh well time to continue playing demo then.

4. Post #404

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    I hate people saying IV is better.

Don't they remember people saying III was better than iv when it came out?
    Better yet, there is a guy saying IV is graphically better and that stacks of doom are better than the new combat system.

On steam forums, off course. :frog:

5. Post #405
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    I'm planning on making a TF2-Based mod for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    Can you use agent/spy in civ 5?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    March 2010
    1,986 Posts
    Can you use agent/spy in civ 5?
    No espionage in Civ 5.

Gamespot have published there review: 9.0
    Excellent tactical battles and a slick interface make the latest Civilization another wonderful addition to a classic franchise.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/c...onv/index.html

8. Post #408
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I just wish you could make interface like 1/2 the size, and before you say "Small-interface setting" it doesn't work.

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,497 Posts

What the shit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts

What the shit?
    That site does a horrible job, don't bother

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,497 Posts
    That site does a horrible job, don't bother
    Whew, I thought my CPU was borked.

12. Post #412
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    Whew, I thought my CPU was borked.
    It's because yours is (apparently) not a dual core, but with that clock speed it should still run fine.

13. Post #413
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,550 Posts
    I've now tried every version of Civ back to II. I just find it impossible to get into playing it - I find it boring.

That's not to say it's a boring game - just that I have a short attention span.

14. Post #414
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Derp, was going to order CivV from g2play tomorrow then suddenly no dice.

15. Post #415
    August 2010
    334 Posts
    Nghhh, going to get it tonight hopefully.

16. Post #416
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    I've now played every single Civ game, all the way back to Civ 1, with its pixellated square units and the only DRM being a question about the game found in the instruction manual.

The AI cheated just as badly back then, though. (Seriously, I was pleased to find I had researched currency and all of a sudden they're building SPACESHIPS?! Third world much...)

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    I've now played every single Civ game, all the way back to Civ 1, with its pixellated square units and the only DRM being a question about the game found in the instruction manual.

The AI cheated just as badly back then, though. (Seriously, I was pleased to find I had researched currency and all of a sudden they're building SPACESHIPS?! Third world much...)
    No matter how hard I try, I still end up way behind in research on CivIII.

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,679 Posts

Just remember that spearmen also had a good chance of taking out an M1A1 Abrams back then.

19. Post #419
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,473 Posts
    fuck me this better unlock dead on midnight else i'll kill everything

20. Post #420
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    Damn the requirements to run Civ 5 on a large map must be high

My computer is only 3 years old, and I can only start a small map with medium graphics. Even then I crash after 10 - 15 minutes.

21. Post #421
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    520 Posts
    I am surprised no one is talking about this game, I expected this thread to have 50 some pages by now.

I have not got my copy yet ( waiting for my local retail place to get a boxed copy in ) but I have been playing the demo, I wish it was not turn locked so I could actually accomplish something @_@

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,877 Posts
    The demo is just depressing me now, I've done pretty much all you can do at only 100 turns.

23. Post #423
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    2 days and there's already a plan to try to make the game like Civ 4. I don't see what's wrong with it- other than the fact that I can't fucking run a game on a gigantic map because it takes 30 seconds between turns for no reason.

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,680 Posts
    GOD DAMNIT DEMO
    I get a nice army, surround the first state I've ever decided to try to attack in this game, prepare to make my move...

TURN 100 HAS STARTED

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,681 Posts
    Snip

26. Post #426
    March 2010
    1,986 Posts
    I don't know if this happens with anyone else, but when I have moved all my units, it tells me that units still need orders, when none of them do.
    I wonder if freeciv will get a hexagonal tile update,like a freeciv.2.

27. Post #427
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    Is there anyway to extend the limit on the demo? Just as anything good starts happening it ends, would like to experience a bit more.

28. Post #428
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,681 Posts
    Fuck it, I'm done, I really wasted my money on this game, I should have bought Reach or Dead Rising 2.

29. Post #429
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    I am surprised no one is talking about this game, I expected this thread to have 50 some pages by now.

I have not got my copy yet ( waiting for my local retail place to get a boxed copy in ) but I have been playing the demo, I wish it was not turn locked so I could actually accomplish something @_@
    It's probably because everyone that has it is busy playing, and those who don't have it yet are just chilling waiting for it.

At least I'm not posting at all in here.

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    Fuck it, I'm done, I really wasted my money on this game, I should have bought Reach or Dead Rising 2.
    Baw, did Napoleon smash your sand Castle?.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    Why did you snip your post? Now we can't understand why you are bitching

Is there anyway to extend the limit on the demo? Just as anything good starts happening it ends, would like to experience a bit more.
    Yeah I've heard you can extend by paying a modest $49.99 fee

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,681 Posts
    Baw, did Napoleon smash your sand Castle?.
    No, I crash every 15 minutes despite having updated all of my drivers and having well over the recommended hardware settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,143 Posts
    That's probably the idea lol and it worked, I bought the game. Fuck itttttt.

34. Post #434
    dgg
    I ‚̧ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,365 Posts
    Be officially released already, the counter is over, but the pre-purchase is not (as expected). I've played the demo 4 times now and I suck and I need those massive extra amounts of turns to do... ANYTHING.

Edited:

Yes! It's out!

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    139 Posts
    To those experiencing crashing issues - that's odd. I'm not experiencing any issues that anyone is having. Admittedly, I have the game installed on a SSD so the 'please wait' is only ~5 seconds if that on the largest map and the rest of my PC well exceeds the other specs, but that shouldn't explain why I'm not crashing.

I'm on 64-bit Win 7 if it makes a difference, and my drivers aren't even up to date. Infact, I have no idea whatsoever what version of drivers I'm running.

Other than that, the game is amazing. I legit felt sad when my fiancee had to drag me away from the PC last night otherwise I'd be screwed for work today, I think I finished at 1:30am, she woke up and made me go :( - glad for it today though.

I'm itching to go home though just to see if I can make sure those pesky Aztecs get away from my land. The AI sometimes does (intentional or not, I don't know) brilliant things to mess with you. For instance, they come up, poke your border and run away like a child just to see if you'll react.

Does anyone else make a story in their head too about what's happening? Half the game is going on in my braid, not on the screen.

36. Post #436
    Grimpunch Games
    May 2005
    524 Posts
    Decrypt faster damn it

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,255 Posts
    I usually never have any lag issues, but for some reason if I speak to Bismark, after exiting his screen I experience horrible lag. It does not go away unless I restart the game.

...So, I avoid speaking to him as much as possible.

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,586 Posts
    Well, I went around exploring the other side of the map after I improved the land I had, only to find some Chinese Civ has almost the other half. Huge war incoming.

39. Post #439
    I just got a 20 Mb update, does anyone have any patch notes?

I'm also really damn tired of this game crashing. It takes 1 minute to start up, 2 minutes to load save, and the AI takes at least 20 seconds to take their turn. Then I crash after a few turns for no reason.

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,587 Posts
    I bought this game a few hours ago, and have been playing since. My first game (which I just finished) was me as Japan vs. Romans, Ottomans and Indians. The Indians were the first to go, they didn't stand a fucking chance. Then it was the Romans, going down with me only using two groups of samurai. Then finally it was the Ottomans, which was a fucking pain in the ass because I had to get riflemen to finish them off. Overall the game took 5-6 hours to complete and I still want to play more.