1. Post #481
    I play the electric violin on desolation row
    March 2005
    2,578 Posts
    playing with random personalities is great

Remember the time in history when Warlord Ghandi conquered the Scientific Aztec nation?

Or how about that time when Germany took Shanghai from the French!?

The most memorable moment in history though was when Napoleon I declared war on Napoleon II

2. Post #482
    November 2009
    2,137 Posts
    What country are you in?
    England, UK.

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,755 Posts
    The most memorable moment in history though was when Napoleon I declared war on Napoleon II

Edited:

England, UK.
    Not sure if this'll help or not, but may be worth a shot
    http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/forums...856643#2856643

4. Post #484
    November 2009
    2,137 Posts
    Not sure if this'll help or not, but may be worth a shot
    [url]http://www.pcpowerplay.com.au/forums/thread/p2856643#2856643[/url
    It is out in the UK I just cannot afford to buy it until next month.

5. Post #485
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,755 Posts
    It is out in the UK I just cannot afford to buy it until next month.
    What I meant is it might be cheaper than buying it from Steam at the UK price.
    It's $US40 cheaper than paying the AU price for it atleast.

Jesus Christ, it's 6am and I've been playing all night

6. Post #486
    November 2009
    2,137 Posts
    What I meant is it might be cheaper than buying it from Steam at the UK price.
    It's $US40 cheaper than paying the AU price for it atleast.

Jesus Christ, it's 6am and I've been playing all night
    Same price here as in the UK, But thanks for the help anyway.

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,057 Posts
    Poor Montezuma, he got so afraid of my swordsmen + catapults that he tried to offer everything he got, the problem with offering everything you've got is when all you've got is 30 gold...

He didn't live long thats for sure.

The heal instantly promotion is so much fun. One of my swordsmen got reduced to 1 hp, while tanking Montezuma's army, he got a promotion and suddenly he was at full strength again.

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,755 Posts
    The heal instantly promotion is so much fun. One of my swordsmen got reduced to 1 hp, while tanking Montezuma's army, he got a promotion and suddenly he was at full strength again.
    I'm not sure about that "promotion"
    I wouldn't really call it one since it's not really a sustained buff, rather just a full heal.

It can be useful though, yeah

9. Post #489
    August 2010
    196 Posts
    Are you still able to trade maps? I cant find the option to and i want to know what Alexander has...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,793 Posts
    To those experiencing crashing issues - that's odd. I'm not experiencing any issues that anyone is having.
    I'm on the DirectX 9 version if any other crash victims are too.

Edited:

Oh fuck that's not good. I can't even generate a new map without it crashing.

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2006
    14,846 Posts
    My sister's boyfriend bought himself and me a copy of the game :buddy:

And his copy came packaged with two CD keys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,930 Posts

give me the extra cd key tia

13. Post #493
    March 2010
    1,989 Posts
    The achievements reference so many things, particularly more modern stuff,
    with achievements like: Eighty-eight miles per hour, Exterminate!, Two men enter, one man leave, Gotta catch em all, battlefield earth, Smallville, I'm on a boat, and my two favourites:the world is a mess and i just need to rule it, and he threw a car at my head! (Points if you get he reference.)

14. Post #494
    June 2010
    482 Posts
    For me, this game crashes after either settling a city or just moving the camera.

15. Post #495
    July 2007
    634 Posts

Help a brotha' out? :buddy: :ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,213 Posts
    So I've figured out that my game crashes when I start/load a game, with the 'leader scene quality' option set to high. Specs are way over the requirements, so I don't know what could be causing it, especially since it also worked fine in the demo. Going to see if it depends on other options being on high as well tomorrow, because it's to late, and I can't stand the ads every time I start the game up.

17. Post #497
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2006
    14,846 Posts
    I don't have the extra key, my friend does and he's looking to sell it.

18. Post #498

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    Whoa guys, what the fuck ? no Earth map on multiplayer ? are you kidding ?

first the animations, now the only worthy map.

19. Post #499
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    Oh god I just experianced time-warp at it's best. I was Rome on a large-Earth map. I started in the Mid-West United States and began building. I expanded all around me to find no other civs in North America, and a mountain range blocking me from South America.

After centuries of development we unlock deep sea sailing. I make a ship and go east to Europe. Gandhi has an 1880's era army and has literally taken over everything from England to China, Russia to Australia. I make a tiny-ass colony on his shore, eventually getting betrayed and conquered.

But goddamn, I didn't even have gunpowder yet. Fucking Gandhi and his passive resistance magic.

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,731 Posts
    So I take it Gandhi is a dangerous back stabber this time around?

21. Post #501
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts
    I Currently own North America and have begun taking south America from Russia I took the middle east from China and America was raped by the french in sweden. Me and the french own about 95% of the world.

I started in India, Also the Greeks use to be in China, until I cam along.

I soon will have a scientific victory!

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,227 Posts
    So I take it Gandhi is a dangerous back stabber this time around?
    Do not trust him and his supposedly adorable giant head. He will destroy you under the spoke of his mighty peace-machine!

23. Post #503

February 2010
    3,109 Posts
    Yeah, just tried multiplayer again and it's completely borked,
    the lack of animations is somewhat bearable, but dropping someone so easily is not.

I really hope they Finish it with a patch.

24. Post #504
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,487 Posts
    Horrible multiplayer. So many bugs, and the missing animations really take away the soul of the game.

25. Post #505
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    449 Posts
    Jesus Christ, why the hell is Amazon taking their sweet time with THIS delivery.

26. Post #506
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    Dennab
    December 2008
    13,542 Posts
    I loved Civ 4 and Civ 3 I should buy this game when I have the money

27. Post #507
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,877 Posts
    Good god, just played an entire game in one sitting. I'm pretty impressed with myself though, it was my first Civ game ever and I got a cultural victory.

28. Post #508
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    4,508 Posts
    I swear, all the fucking nations are just trolling me.

So, I'm playing Songhai, being all cool and shit like that. Then up comes Napoleon, talking shit like he's the big goddamn man in town. So I show him what for, and shove his nation down the drain. Then comes along his bro, Ghandi, wanting a piece of me for getting rid of his bro. I take most of his shit, leaving him only a shack of a city.

And then he tries to make peace with me.

Edited:

All he ever fucking does is wave his dick around in your face to piss you off, and then when you slap him in the face several times, he pleads for you to stop. The whole process repeats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #509
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,008 Posts
    Civilization 5 is awesome, totally glad I bought this game.

Now I just need to stop staying up all night and day playing this :frown:

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,755 Posts
    Good god, just played an entire game in one sitting. I'm pretty impressed with myself though, it was my first Civ game ever and I got a cultural victory.
    CULTURAL!?

Bah, I'd take you down with 2 Riflemen and a Destroyer any day...
    provided you were still in the renaissance, that is :P

31. Post #511
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,426 Posts
    this game is fun. i miss being able to zoom in on cities for a rendered close-up.

32. Post #512
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,755 Posts
    I think there's a minimum zoom setting in one of the inis, set to 11, but you can put it down to 4 (debug zoom)

33. Post #513
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,173 Posts
    I got a quite weird crash issue - i start the game, the intro is blinking, and it crashes to desktop after 4-5 seconds.
    Hey, same here.

I've tried all the recommended fixes, but nothing has worked. :(

34. Post #514
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,000 Posts
    Playing the tutorials right now. God damn, why won't it accept that I connected the cities with roads? :colbert:

Edited:

Also, am I the only one who can only skip the Intro movie when it's 14 seconds in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,793 Posts
    Also, am I the only one who can only skip the Intro movie when it's 14 seconds in?
    No. The intro movie is basically a loading screen, only you can't see how far you've gotten.

36. Post #516
    March 2010
    1,989 Posts
    Patch Notes:
    Released 9/23/2010

Special character fix for Windows usernames: Users with non-english characters in their windows username would experience a game crash. This has been fixed, and a forthcoming fix will address an issue related to this where game victories are not recorded in the Hall of Fame.
    Default resolution fix for DX9: Some users who have non-standard or below the minimum specification resolutions crashed before starting. Now, the system will change to Windowed mode and start so it does not crash.
    AI city weighting: AI will not quite as freely offer up their cities when asking for peace.
    Gold per turn glitch: When agreeing to a deal for anything above 5 gold per turn in exchange for something else (like a luxury), the deal would always only pay 5 gold per turn, regardless of the amount proposed. This has been corrected.

They have confirmed that they are working on an update that focuses on the multiplayer aspects of the game.

37. Post #517
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,473 Posts
    Patch Notes:
    Released 9/23/2010

Special character fix for Windows usernames: Users with non-english characters in their windows username would experience a game crash. This has been fixed, and a forthcoming fix will address an issue related to this where game victories are not recorded in the Hall of Fame.
    Default resolution fix for DX9: Some users who have non-standard or below the minimum specification resolutions crashed before starting. Now, the system will change to Windowed mode and start so it does not crash.
    AI city weighting: AI will not quite as freely offer up their cities when asking for peace.
    Gold per turn glitch: When agreeing to a deal for anything above 5 gold per turn in exchange for something else (like a luxury), the deal would always only pay 5 gold per turn, regardless of the amount proposed. This has been corrected.

They have confirmed that they are working on an update that focuses on the multiplayer aspects of the game.
    fuck

38. Post #518
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    2,487 Posts
    Napoleon is a hardcore motherfucker. I didn't discover the second continent until about 1600AD, and he had conquered the entire thing. Now its 2 complete continent empires against eachother. This will be tough, as his armies seem to be endless. I have 10 armies, but my advisor still says his military could wipe me off the planet.

Edited:

I managed to capture a city-state just on his coast. It's perfect, as it only has a 1 tile path leading to it, and is surrounded by mountains and ocean. The 1 tile leading to the city is also a hill, so they can't really use artillery on my city without getting too close. On the plains a bit further out from my city, i also built a citadel. This is totally going to end up as 300.

The area is just perfect for defenders. I think i made a mistake by leaving the citadel to attack their city though.

39. Post #519
    August 2007
    489 Posts
    Im so incredibly bored of the opening cinematic... Even when I change the options in user pref, It just stays black when opening :ohdear:

40. Post #520
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,546 Posts
    god damnit dad stop playing civ 5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)