1. Post #2601
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,316 Posts
    I hear the patch caused some save issues, from that picture, it seems to be affecting DLC.

2. Post #2602
    August 2005
    2,901 Posts
    Why did this happen when I decided to finally play the game after owning it for over a year, ugh.

3. Post #2603
    March 2010
    1,579 Posts
    Can someone explain what the fuck happened to my game?

The new patch broke old saves, especially those with DLC civs. This is common.

4. Post #2604
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,778 Posts
    Oh, that explains it.

Not gonna slow me down though, the Incan/Spanish/Mongolian empire must grow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2605
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    13,874 Posts
    Whenever I play this, I always go for the giant sprawling empire with 12 cities type of build because it gives me more places to spawn units from. I don't know how else to play.

help
    I'm the exact opposite I don't think I've ever had more than 6 cities. I build cities in only the best spots, unless I really need iron or something.

6. Post #2606
    March 2010
    1,579 Posts
    I tend to build a good amount of cities but I do place them carefully, not willy nilly like the AI.

7. Post #2607
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,839 Posts
    Guys, what's the name of that mod that extends research time, but keeps build times short?

8. Post #2608
    September 2009
    11,984 Posts
    Dropped my first nuke on Moscow in 1916
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

9. Post #2609
    June 2011
    7,965 Posts
    I hope the next expansion focuses on adding an actual future era.

G&K seems to be focusing on the earlier eras (Ancient-WW1), which is nice because they were lacking a bit of depth, the lack of religion and spies was really bad, especially religion since it was, and still is a big part of nations all over the world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2610
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,839 Posts
    Do you guys know anything about modding? I want to attempt to make a complete Soviet conversion, with 3D units models and everything.

11. Post #2611
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,114 Posts
    For some reason my mods are broken, and all of my units are spearmen.

12. Post #2612
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,843 Posts
    Are any of the dlc packs worth it?

13. Post #2613
    September 2009
    11,984 Posts
    I just captured Mecca and that just leaves the Mongols and their civ's capital. I'm not sure if they took out another one but I'll find out one way or another as I invade

14. Post #2614
    August 2007
    185 Posts
    This may have been mentioned already, but I preordered Gods & Kings on Steam and it showed up in the library for a few days but now it's gone. I kinda figured it just merged with Civ V since it's an expansion but I just wanted to make sure Steam didn't lose my purchase or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #2615
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    Yay the Celts have Welsh cities!

16. Post #2616
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    6,746 Posts
    God DAMNIT

It's early game. Everyone's started to make wonders and I need one badly. I start producing The Great Library.

It has 2 turns left. Everything is going we- THE GREAT LIBRARY HAS BEEN BUILT IN A FARAWAY LAND

No biggie, this happens all the time. I start on the Stonehenge, since it's an awful wonder that nobody wants and is guaranteed to complete.

Again, 2 turns left. I hit next tu- STONEHENGE HAS ALREADY BEEN BUILT IN A FARAWAY PLACE

[h2]FUCK

YOU[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

17. Post #2617
    October 2008
    3,049 Posts
    Are any of the dlc packs worth it?
    I bought all except Polynesia. Take the civs that interest you, eschew the scenarios which are horribly broken by now anyway. The new map modes with the Danes are pretty cool if you want more variation.

This may have been mentioned already, but I preordered Gods & Kings on Steam and it showed up in the library for a few days but now it's gone. I kinda figured it just merged with Civ V since it's an expansion but I just wanted to make sure Steam didn't lose my purchase or something
    It's in the DLC tab now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #2618
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2010
    2,809 Posts
    I hate that you can't play peacefully, the Ottomans where the highest scoring player with double the points of the guy that was second and they do a back stab on me for no reason and play peacefully to all the other guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #2619
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,203 Posts
    God DAMNIT

It's early game. Everyone's started to make wonders and I need one badly. I start producing The Great Library.

It has 2 turns left. Everything is going we- THE GREAT LIBRARY HAS BEEN BUILT IN A FARAWAY LAND

No biggie, this happens all the time. I start on the Stonehenge, since it's an awful wonder that nobody wants and is guaranteed to complete.

Again, 2 turns left. I hit next tu- STONEHENGE HAS ALREADY BEEN BUILT IN A FARAWAY PLACE

[h2]FUCK

YOU[/h2]
    One of the first achievements I got in Civ 5 was "Seriously?!?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #2620
    October 2008
    3,049 Posts
    I hate that you can't play peacefully, the Ottomans where the highest scoring player with double the points of the guy that was second and they do a back stab on me for no reason and play peacefully to all the other guys.
    They supposedly changed this in G&K.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #2621
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    The year is 1884, the United States is the first to enter the Industrial Era. The civilizations around me are growing incredibly fast, and I can feel a war coming. I'm fucked.

22. Post #2622
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,269 Posts
    That latest patch fucked up saves from before it.

23. Post #2623
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,249 Posts
    So It's 2005, and I'm the only civilization in the modern era, and the rest are stuck in Industrial. I was wondering why everything was going so slow when I realized that I took out the second-largest power in the world to get here, and everyone was relying on his research agreements. So yeah, I single-handedly stunted scientific progress just by invading someone. That's awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21 (list)

24. Post #2624
    January 2012
    10,269 Posts
    Oh, there's another page.

25. Post #2625
    October 2008
    3,049 Posts
    So It's 2005, and I'm the only civilization in the modern era, and the rest are stuck in Industrial. I was wondering why everything was going so slow when I realized that I took out the second-largest power in the world to get here, and everyone was relying on his research agreements. So yeah, I single-handedly stunted scientific progress just by invading someone. That's awesome.
    In my cultural game as the Aztecs, Augustus formed a huge empire and forged research agreements with everyone. He was clearly going for a science victory, and the entire world was in the renaissance when he hit the modern age.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

26. Post #2626
    October 2010
    10,366 Posts
    One of the first achievements I got in Civ 5 was "Seriously?!?"
    My game glitched out and it gave me the achievement a turn before someone else was about to complete it and I was like "wat"

fuck you civ, preemptive strike

27. Post #2627
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    for some reason my game is just straight up crashing.

28. Post #2628
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,684 Posts
    Who are you guys going to play first in G&K?

I'm stuck between Boudica and Theodora

29. Post #2629
    January 2012
    10,269 Posts
    Which one is the sexy black chick?

30. Post #2630
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,808 Posts
    Anyone interested in multiplayer Civ IV?

31. Post #2631
    September 2009
    1,980 Posts
    im def. going with the celts. them guys seem like the coolest of all the choices

also theodora is the black chick

32. Post #2632

33. Post #2633
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,684 Posts
    She's not black, just insanely tan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #2634
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,249 Posts
    I don't like ancient era/classical based civs. It just feels their unique units/abilities are only useful for a very short period of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

35. Post #2635
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,226 Posts
    for some reason my game is just straight up crashing.
    Yeah, it's incredibly unstable for me

36. Post #2636
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    Fuck you Elizabeth, if you ever pull a time win out of your fat ginger arse again I'll wreck shit. I was doing well, just nuked Onondaga and got their Uranium deposits and BAM time defeat.

First ever game too, I thought I was going to win. I saw that Elizabeth was starting a space victory so I was trying to get enough nukes to destroy her.

Edited:

6 hours 12 minutes, how long does a normal level 2 difficulty large map game take?

37. Post #2637
    July 2007
    176 Posts
    Fuck you Elizabeth, if you ever pull a time win out of your fat ginger arse again I'll wreck shit. I was doing well, just nuked Onondaga and got their Uranium deposits and BAM time defeat.

First ever game too, I thought I was going to win. I saw that Elizabeth was starting a space victory so I was trying to get enough nukes to destroy her.

Edited:

6 hours 12 minutes, how long does a normal level 2 difficulty large map game take?
    haha is that a bowman in new york?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #2638
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    Yes, yes it is. I'm incredibly unorganised, as you can tell by my attempts at renaming the cities I had conquered. I'm gonna do another game as maybe Denmark or something and play things out a lot better, this game was just a bit of a mess.

39. Post #2639
    October 2010
    10,366 Posts
    I always end up saving atleast 1 ancient unit just for kicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #2640
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,684 Posts
    I love it when there are still barbarian brutes out there and I have my mechanized infantry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)