1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,097 Posts
    I know a kid that wants to learn programming so he can make games. I tried convincing him that you can't remake CoD:MW2 with basic programming skills but he told me he's starting a C+ course.

:doh:
    The obvious question is if he ever mentioned remaking mw2 or if he's genuinely interested in programming.

Ooh, page king, this means content, right?

Friend of mine recently fried his harddrive. Asked me to take a look at it (seriously, why does everyone come to ME with this shit?) so I came over. I opened the case up (almost breaking the damn thing because he shut it so horribly wrong the last time) and found his harddrive.....not in the HDD bay.....but resting atop his GPU. He said the last time he tried to install an HDD he broke the damn thing (and the bay showed it) so he decided to just lay it down somewhere in his case. Why he picked his GPU of all things still amazes me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

2. Post #362
    April 2010
    1,011 Posts
    Friend of mine recently fried his harddrive. Asked me to take a look at it (seriously, why does everyone come to ME with this shit?) so I came over. I opened the case up (almost breaking the damn thing because he shut it so horribly wrong the last time) and found his harddrive.....not in the HDD bay.....but resting atop his GPU. He said the last time he tried to install an HDD he broke the damn thing (and the bay showed it) so he decided to just lay it down somewhere in his case. Why he picked his GPU of all things still amazes me.
    Is your friend 8 or what?

Being computer illiterate is ok, but how dumb you have to be to do such a thing..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Azerbaijan Show Events

3. Post #363
    January 2009
    83 Posts
    "Maybe a SDD Means SUPAH DENDSE DRIEV " Is what a computer illiterate might say
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

4. Post #364
    BmB
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,569 Posts
    Well the information density in an SSD is pretty high.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

5. Post #365
    January 2009
    83 Posts
    Well Played, Sir! Didn't think of that

6. Post #366
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Is your friend 8 or what?

Being computer illiterate is ok, but how dumb you have to be to do such a thing..
    I would contest this... but no matter what people should know not to place shit that blocks other mysterious shit that keeps hot shit cold.. herp de fucking derp.

That's something that should just be built in just beside where you keep the "you don't fucking sit on a grill"...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    7,157 Posts
    I have used it, you just missed the joke
    Ah shit, I'm pretty good at missing jokes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #368
    April 2010
    1,011 Posts
    I would contest this... but no matter what people should know not to place shit that blocks other mysterious shit that keeps hot shit cold.. herp de fucking derp.

That's something that should just be built in just beside where you keep the "you don't fucking sit on a grill"...
    I thought hard drive got fucked up because gpu didn't have case and it shorted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Azerbaijan Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    thf
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    3,331 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

10. Post #370
    December 2009
    2,227 Posts
    Packard-Bell still makes PCs?

:aaaaa:
    Send a pc to them for repair. they took the broken ram stick out and send it back. Like we wouldn't notice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #371
    August 2010
    971 Posts
    My dad finally admitted that he is an asshole! I now have $70.00 and a free, overprice mouse.

Also, does anyone know what would cause the iMac to take about 6 minutes to boot up? Normally it is less than a minute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 49Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=997289 he made a fake signature like this

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Lol
    He must not know anything about computers at all...

This thread has been dead for way too long. It is filled with a bunch of fake stories and people who think that since their 90 year old grandma can't use email, they fail at life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #373
    thf
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    3,331 Posts
    My dad finally admitted that he is an asshole! I now have $70.00 and a free, overprice mouse.

Also, does anyone know what would cause the iMac to take about 6 minutes to boot up? Normally it is less than a minute.

Wow, that looks uncomfortable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 45Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    July 2010
    2,434 Posts

Make sure you don't have any programs like Firefox installed on the computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,005 Posts
    I have one. It's a decent mouse. Not for gaming through.

Edited:

Make sure you don't have any programs like Firefox installed on the computer.
    Haha, mine starts in under a minute.

16. Post #376
    December 2009
    2,227 Posts
    I have one. It's a decent mouse. Not for gaming through.

Edited:

Haha, mine starts in under a minute.
    15 secconds :slick:

(with ubuntu 10 that is)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,272 Posts
    He must not know anything about computers at all...

This thread has been dead for way too long. It is filled with a bunch of fake stories and people who think that since their 90 year old grandma can't use email, they fail at life.
    i am just saying about the signature but that surfing glitch its great but i already knew how to do it

18. Post #378
    December 2009
    8,768 Posts

Congratulations to you sir
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,362 Posts

Glad to hear, congrats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

20. Post #380
    January 2010
    1,135 Posts
    Those mice suck ass. I've used one. It's hard as hell to scroll with it because it only recognizes half of the strokes you make. Also, how does the middle mouse button work on it?

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,005 Posts
    Those mice suck ass. I've used one. It's hard as hell to scroll with it because it only recognizes half of the strokes you make. Also, how does the middle mouse button work on it?
    1. It scrolls fine for me, virtually conserves momentum.
    2. It dosen't

22. Post #382
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,534 Posts
    i am confuse

what middle button?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #383
    March 2009
    2,461 Posts
    My friend got his WoW account hacked, So I told him to download Malwarebytes to see what he had on there.

243 viruses.

How are these people allowed to own computers, really?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    August 2010
    971 Posts
    Its fucking annoying. Scrolling happens whenever I even slightly move my finger and its hard to get it to actually recognize scrolling when you want it too, and I've accidently right clicked while trying to left click several times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts

oo one of tho2e ergonomiic miice. glad you got iit at lea2t.

Edited:

Herp fucking Sollux persona. I really should stop using it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    90 Posts
    He probably gave you the mouse because he got annoyed with it. lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    July 2010
    478 Posts
    Wow, that looks uncomfortable.
    When I use my iMac (I mainly use the PC I built), I use the Magic Mouse. Before I was given the Mac, I bashed the living crap out of the mouse without using it.

The multitouch is great for web browsing and most applications and it's fairly comfortable. The only time I plug in another mouse is when my brother uses it to play Minecraft, since you change inventory slots a lot when holding left mouse.

28. Post #388
    January 2009
    83 Posts
    You know those guys that i told you about in the last thread, the ones that ordered alienware? Well it seems one of the alienwares still have not arrived yet.

29. Post #389
    December 2009
    2,975 Posts
    I tried one of those mice in the Apple store and it was awkward as hell at first because I'm used to large, normal mice. Once I got it down though it worked decent, but I wouldn't want to have to use it as my primary mouse.

To GMod Guy, didn't they get like a tracking number or something? Dell gave me one when I ordered my laptop last year.

30. Post #390
    October 2009
    1,177 Posts
    I know a kid that wants to learn programming so he can make games. I tried convincing him that you can't remake CoD:MW2 with basic programming skills but he told me he's starting a C+ course.

:doh:
    I just told my brother about this. His response? "It's called c++ you idiot. c+ doesn't exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    December 2009
    2,975 Posts
    That's because it doesn't.

There's C, C++, C#, and for some reason I have a nagging feeling I'm forgetting another one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!
    March 2008
    3,606 Posts
    I just told my brother about this. His response? "It's called c++ you idiot. c+ doesn't exist.
    That's part of his idiocy. He also told me he's going to buy two keyboards and use both at the same time. :confused:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events

33. Post #393
    January 2010
    1,135 Posts
    That's part of his idiocy. He also told me he's going to buy two keyboards and use both at the same time. :confused:
    You can do that. Is there any advantage over one keyboard? No. You still only have 2 hands.

34. Post #394
    Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!
    March 2008
    3,606 Posts
    The obvious question is if he ever mentioned remaking mw2 or if he's genuinely interested in programming.
    He's 11 and told me that he was gonna remake Minecraft with an "engine he found"

He found gamemaker.

:effort:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 29 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,659 Posts
    That's because it doesn't.

There's C, C++, C#, and for some reason I have a nagging feeling I'm forgetting another one.
    Objective-C?

36. Post #396
    December 2009
    2,975 Posts
    There we go. Thanks hex.

37. Post #397
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    He's 11 and told me that he was gonna remake Minecraft with an "engine he found"

He found gamemaker.

:effort:
    Source Engine

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,449 Posts
    Source Engine
    Source Engine wouldn't be able to make a Minecraft clone. Too many entities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,947 Posts
    Source Engine
    gamemaker

40. Post #400
    January 2009
    83 Posts
    To GMod Guy, didn't they get like a tracking number or something? Dell gave me one when I ordered my laptop last year.
    I do not know, just heard it from one of the guys that ordered one.