1. Post #1921
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Soooo, basically everyone who doesn't have access to it (and that's a big part I'd say considering Rocheste is closed off for lowbies) is completely denied from the marketplace?
    There's a marketplace board in both Colhen and Rocheste that you can use since level 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1922
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    There's a marketplace board in both Colhen and Rocheste that you can use since level 1.
    He's talking about the flour exploit.

3. Post #1923
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Time to hop back into this game. Gonna try to get to at least 60 now.

4. Post #1924
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Just beat the Labyrinth for the first time. I don't think I'll ever be doing that again.

5. Post #1925
    July 2010
    313 Posts
    so any tips? downloading as we speak

6. Post #1926
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    691 Posts
    Just a note for new players. Might want to pick Fiona or Evie since those are pretty much looked upon now. Almost every raid boss boats in the later levels are those classes only. Unless you're really lucky, you're just gonna kicked out as a Lann and maybe possibly as a Karok.

7. Post #1927
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Just a note for new players. Might want to pick Fiona or Evie since those are pretty much looked upon now. Almost every raid boss boats in the later levels are those classes only. Unless you're really lucky, you're just gonna kicked out as a Lann and maybe possibly as a Karok.
    Actually Karoks are so rare that people are usually happy that they join (assuming they know how to clash and counter-roll to avoid massive damage). Evies however are the powerhouses, spear lanns may speen2ween but a staff evie can freeze the boss in its place while also healing the party. Fionas like you said are also looked for because they're great survivors the only problem is you damn better know how to heavy stander cancel or you better know when you should stop attacking and block because otherwise they're useless (talking from experience having this sword fiona equipped with a large shield DYING more than anyone else in the party).

Edited:

Also choose your playstyle early, even though AP is pretty much infinite to level up your skills, it drastically gets reduced and you might be in trouble for those essential skills.

For example: if you plan on going as a scythe evie, don't bother leveling up staff skills. I'm a scythe evie, leveled up a few staff skills but nothing major (the max I leveled a staff skill was to D) now I plan on going hybrid so now that I'm pretty content with my scythe skills at their current level I'm starting to level up staff skills (considering staffs are honestly much better at raids since they can evade damage with mana amber [while being flung huge distances when used] and also the sheer amount of damage the skills do)

8. Post #1928
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    New Kai video

He better be released soon in NA and EU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #1929
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    691 Posts
    Seeing as it's not officially released yet in KR, and the fact that NA/EU haven't received all of the previous updates, he won't be released to us for a long while now.

10. Post #1930
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Actual kai gameplay.

Here's a better vid showing off his grapple near the end.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #1931
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    "So I hear Kai is actually made out of paper. Is that true?"

12. Post #1932
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    691 Posts

New trailer for Kai in KR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #1933
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,340 Posts
    the only thing I didn't like about this game..having to do the same dungeon over and over again until you where high enough level to do the next one up. Repeat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #1934
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,738 Posts
    that was actually the dealbreaker for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1935
    Obsessive Screenshot Disorder
    December 2005
    7,340 Posts
    Don't get me wrong the game was fun, but it was really repetitive... Even the enemies were the same with different colors now and then.

16. Post #1936
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts
    I went to sign up for this game a little while ago, but I already had an account apparently.
    Saves some time I suppose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #1937
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Don't get me wrong the game was fun, but it was really repetitive... Even the enemies were the same with different colors now and then.
    All MMOs are very repetative.. except for Guild Wars maybe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #1938
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    I don't want to play as a female char, so I picked Lann. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #1939
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    After getting back into this, I realize why I stopped the first time. I hate having to level up just to do one dungeon for one small piece of a fucking story.

20. Post #1940
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts
    I got meditate to max level and now I pop in periodically to spend the points, eheheheh.

The Irikul break off is ridiculous

21. Post #1941
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    After getting back into this, I realize why I stopped the first time. I hate having to level up just to do one dungeon for one small piece of a fucking story.
    Fuck that. Watch the cutscenes on Youtube.

The story is really not that interesting but the cutscenes they make with Source are amazing.

I guess I got banned for the greater good..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1942
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    I got meditate to max level and now I pop in periodically to spend the points, eheheheh.

The Irikul break off is ridiculous
    It's going to take you a full year to get your AP back from meditate.
    Also the Irukul break is easy if you have people that know how to use chain hooks. (most people don't bring them and that's what fucks up the break), the few people that do chain hook his legs and then from there you throw spears at his tusks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1943
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Holy fuck.

24. Post #1944
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Anyone know when the Blaster releases? It seems far better than the tired old Pillar.

25. Post #1945
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Anyone know when the Blaster releases? It seems far better than the tired old Pillar.
    Very soon. There's no release date though but sometime this month or next month.

26. Post #1946
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Anyone else getting the "Server Response Delayed" message when trying to log in? I'm getting it no matter what time I try to play. It started last night.

27. Post #1947
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Anyone else getting the "Server Response Delayed" message when trying to log in? I'm getting it no matter what time I try to play. It started last night.
    East or West? I haven't been getting it.

28. Post #1948
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts
    I hate the dungeons with only spiders, they give me goosebumps.

29. Post #1949
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    East or West? I haven't been getting it.
    East.

Just tried to repatch by going into my directory and deleting the "CurrentInfo" text file, and that didn't work.

30. Post #1950
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,821 Posts
    Ugh, the NA blaster trailer for Karok is terribad.

The opening of the video looks like some low budget animation a five year old can do.
    The translation for the attacks are really lame, "Big Bang AttacK", "Gigantic Strength", and the crappy catch phases such as "No one resists the fist." and "Come at me bro."
    I am sure Nexon hired some five year old to make this video using Windows Movie Maker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #1951
    November 2010
    5,688 Posts
    jesus "terribad" is a massive understatement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1952
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    691 Posts

Sums up NA trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1953
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    The funny thing is, it's just the Korean trailer with the added captions. Terribad captions...

34. Post #1954
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Even after reinstalling, I keep getting the "Response from server delayed" message.

This started happening Friday when I downloaded an update from AMD.

35. Post #1955
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,821 Posts

Sums up NA trailer.
    Don't make Nexon use their Gigantic Strength.

36. Post #1956
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Even though I can't play because of the constant "Response from server delayed" messages, I still remember an event from a while back where an admin or something talked to everyone on at the time.

His English was shit, and he/she sounded like an 8 year old child. I'm willing to bet that the person who was getting us "hyped" for whatever the event it was was the same person responsible for naming these skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1957
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    10,980 Posts
    Even though I can't play because of the constant "Response from server delayed" messages, I still remember an event from a while back where an admin or something talked to everyone on at the time.

His English was shit, and he/she sounded like an 8 year old child. I'm willing to bet that the person who was getting us "hyped" for whatever the event it was was the same person responsible for naming these skills.
    Are you still getting the error? Try seeing if you anti-virus is blocking it. If that doesn't work try opening the ports Vindictus uses (I doubt that'll work but doesn't hurt to try). Other than that I really don't know what's causing the problem, man. You could try asking on the technical support page of the vindictus forums.

38. Post #1958
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Are you still getting the error? Try seeing if you anti-virus is blocking it. If that doesn't work try opening the ports Vindictus uses (I doubt that'll work but doesn't hurt to try). Other than that I really don't know what's causing the problem, man. You could try asking on the technical support page of the vindictus forums.
    Still no dice. This hasn't happened until I got a message after restarting my PC on Friday saying that an update for AMD Catalyst. After that, I couldn't play. I even tried reinstalling the drivers, and still nothing.

39. Post #1959
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts
    Finally able to use my southern winter set, feels good man.

40. Post #1960
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Just fucking brilliant. I can connect to the West server just fine, but I get the delayed response message when I try the East server.