1. Post #1561
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,741 Posts
    God damn Karok is OP

Knock him down>punch combo+attacks from buddies whilst he's getting punched>knocked down again

repeat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1562
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    New transformation cool? Imho they really made the system worse..
    First transformation is now almost completely useless, and they even dared to say it was 'slightly weaker'.
    But can't you use Trans 1 every single battle now, and doesn't it cost no AP?
    Now its just a fun thing that definitely helps you out (at least, with 15 points in it, I noticed it helping quite a bit), and you can use every single dungeon run. Transformation 2 is the new "real" transformation, just a bit stronger than the old one (once you have points in it).

I dunno... to me, its fun having a transformation you can use all the time without worrying about the hourly limit.

Unless I'm wrong and Trans 1 is still limited by the hour.

3. Post #1563
    May 2010
    100 Posts
    But can't you use Trans 1 every single battle now, and doesn't it cost no AP?
    Now its just a fun thing that definitely helps you out (at least, with 15 points in it, I noticed it helping quite a bit), and you can use every single dungeon run. Transformation 2 is the new "real" transformation, just a bit stronger than the old one (once you have points in it).

I dunno... to me, its fun having a transformation you can use all the time without worrying about the hourly limit.

Unless I'm wrong and Trans 1 is still limited by the hour.
    Just fired up vindictus to try it, because you really made me wonder:
    you are right about it not using ap (not even sp) but it's still limited by the hour. :(

Tried it on the weak icebear: during trans 2 hits (blind arrow and icespear ofc; lvl 60 staff evie) and he was dead. He couldn't even do a single attack. Then did white tyrant to test if trans was resetted. He was far too easy too.. Didn't even get past my last 2 shields.. Ah well..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

4. Post #1564
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    And still no EU, are we ever going to see it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

5. Post #1565
    May 2010
    100 Posts
    And still no EU, are we ever going to see it?
    End of this year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-LQr5vaoU
    Around 45 seconds in.

6. Post #1566
    March 2007
    91 Posts
    Karok is awesome, kami and me are doing dual runs with grab only, and it is AWESOME.
    D:

do you still think i'm kami

7. Post #1567
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,838 Posts
    End of this year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-LQr5vaoU
    Around 45 seconds in.
    Why the fuck does it take so long? Are they making an entirely new game for EU or something? How long can it take to just set up some servers in europe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

8. Post #1568
    May 2010
    100 Posts
    Why the fuck does it take so long? Are they making an entirely new game for EU or something? How long can it take to just set up some servers in europe?
    I think they are making the dumb move of adding more languages than just english.. (Though I hope I'm wrong) Can't think of any other reason, as putting up servers and licenses etc doesn't take a year to do.

9. Post #1569
    December 2009
    8,369 Posts
    Guess who finally found their Xbox 360 controller and can play Vindictus now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #1570
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    Me! Just kidding :buddy:

East or West?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #1571
    December 2009
    8,369 Posts
    Me! Just kidding :buddy:

East or West?
    I think most of Facepunch is on East. But join West if you want to play with me and the few others on there.

Edited:

I'd just join whatever you are closer to though so there is less lag, unless you have really fast internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

12. Post #1572
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,478 Posts
    West it is then. I need to make a new Karok anyways

13. Post #1573
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts

this is just the worst, i wish I could do perilous ruins battles without getting any drops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #1574
    October 2008
    2,037 Posts
    Not sure who is more overpowered now, Karok or Evie. I never take any damage with Evie due to mana shield and not being stupid. Karok just kills things too quickly or stuns them so often that I don't need to worry about health.

15. Post #1575
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,741 Posts
    <3 shock absorb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #1576
    June 2010
    3,205 Posts
    <3 shock absorb

17. Post #1577
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    What's the level cap now?

and when does the game start getting.. um.. no offense to some of you, but fun. Don't get me wrong I love this game.. it's just that it's so repetitive.

18. Post #1578
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,741 Posts
    Karok, AKA Captain I DONT GIVE A FUCK

19. Post #1579
    May 2010
    100 Posts
    That's so fucked up. Can't see how devs think that's called balance...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1580
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    410 Posts
    Last night I went against the Warewolf and that bigger one. I thought the boss was going to be super easy due to the enemies being all 1 hit kills but holy shit. I'm definitely either going to have to find a party or level up before I do THAT again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

21. Post #1581
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,741 Posts
    Yeah werewolfs are bitches

22. Post #1582
    June 2011
    393 Posts
    Newfag here, tips anyone? Also wat soivah?

23. Post #1583
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    That's so fucked up. Can't see how devs think that's called balance...
    People have been soloing Klaus before Karok was around, even using Staff Evie (but mainly Fionas do it). That Karok player is just very, very talented. He also comes down to 1 HP for a bunch of the video, meaning if he made 1 mistake, he'd die. He surely made many attempts before recording that video. Sword Lann solos look nuts, due to how they use their invincible frames consistently... who needs to bash a boss and recover HP, when you can just be invincible? Of course there's the famous Sword Lann Black Hammer solo.

Karok doesn't seem much better than anyone else. Using Lann, I EASILY soloed my way through Boat 3 (I'm sure I could keep soloing, but after that I got tired and returned to my Evie). The lower dungeons are just very easy, especially now that they made the bosses a bit easier.

24. Post #1584
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts

this has got to be the best screen i've ever had in my folder for some reason

25. Post #1585
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts

I seem to have broken Reilly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1586
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    5,500 Posts
    What's the level cap now?

and when does the game start getting.. um.. no offense to some of you, but fun. Don't get me wrong I love this game.. it's just that it's so repetitive.
    Highest I've seen is 70, and you have to enjoy the fast-paced combat to enjoy the game, that's the whole point. If you like slow point and click combat/don't care about the combat period, world of warcraft is way better than this game.

Every MMO has to get a bit repetitive, but in my opinion the repetition isn't as bad if the combat is fast-paced and entertaining. You can also try doing some Labyrinth stuff if you want, it's really fun, though you might not get too far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1587
    June 2010
    745 Posts
    I found vindictus to be fun for the first week, then it gets boring. I love the combat, just repeating the same dungeons over and over and over gets boring. :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1588
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Highest I've seen is 70, and you have to enjoy the fast-paced combat to enjoy the game, that's the whole point. If you like slow point and click combat/don't care about the combat period, world of warcraft is way better than this game.

Every MMO has to get a bit repetitive, but in my opinion the repetition isn't as bad if the combat is fast-paced and entertaining. You can also try doing some Labyrinth stuff if you want, it's really fun, though you might not get too far
    It is fun.. but only in small bursts.. in 30 minutes I get bored because yes, it is repetitive.

29. Post #1589
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    So how am I not supposed to get bored to fuck when I finish the only battle on my level and have to level up to do any of my actual quests?

Because holy fuck it's boring fighting white tyrant over and over.

30. Post #1590
    November 2009
    1,973 Posts
    So does this still require a key to play?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1591
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    So how am I not supposed to get bored to fuck when I finish the only battle on my level and have to level up to do any of my actual quests?

You have to make sure you're doing all the sub-quests to get their XP. There should be some for your level. I recently leveled a Lann and didn't notice much of that problem until I was getting through Boat 3.

Then again, I soloed my way through, which got me lots more XP per battle. If you're playing with groups of 4 you might already need to repeat a few battles.

Of course make sure you're doing an oath of honor, and as many bonus missions as you can, each run.

It is boring when they make you repeat a few battles though.

32. Post #1592
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    5,500 Posts

I never had that problem, around the hoarfrost hollow stage it does get a little bit silly but I'm level 49 now and there's areas open everywhere. ( Perilous Ruins, hoarfrost hollow, ainle, ruins of sanctity, prarie entrance, hoarfrost depths etc). Plus one you level up higher perilous ruins even gets hard - there's a level with a bossfight in perilous ruins involving a few werewolves.

I usually don't have a problem with levels because if we need a higher level to do a quest our party wants to do we just go 2man/3man a raid boss in 3 minutes a few times. Also don't skip out on any of the quests because you miss out fucking bigtime. Not only are they worth ridiculous amounts of exp for something you'll probably be doing anyways, they often give titles that hand out massive stat boosts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

33. Post #1593
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    Any tips on getting materials more easily?
    I've been playing for some time now and not a single gnoll buckler had dropped, how else am I going to get a better shield?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

34. Post #1594
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,666 Posts
    I may have misphrased that.
    I'm doing White Tyrant's Challenge.
    Over and over.

It's the highest XP battle I can do, and the only sidequests I have are for higher levels.

35. Post #1595
    December 2009
    8,851 Posts
    Any tips on getting materials more easily?
    I've been playing for some time now and not a single gnoll buckler had dropped, how else am I going to get a better shield?
    You could buy it from the marketplace.

36. Post #1596
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    You could buy it from the marketplace.
    Marketplace does not work for me, I am assuming it is because I use an application in order to connect and play vindictus since nexon are too lazy to make a european or internationial client and they limited nexon only to north american users.

37. Post #1597
    May 2010
    100 Posts
    Marketplace does not work for me, I am assuming it is because I use an application in order to connect and play vindictus since nexon are too lazy to make a european or internationial client and they limited nexon only to north american users.
    What error are you getting?

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    What error are you getting?
    Didn't get a picture and I can't get it now as nexon's server is down, from what I remember when I go to the marketplace board, then choose market (or buy or whatever it is), instead of what I assume the market is the board's background is completely white and theres a text that shows SQL or HTTP errors ontop of it, I vaguely remember the error so I can't help much by just this.

39. Post #1599
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    5,500 Posts
    Wow, any chance you could PM me the program you're using? I have an australian friend who wanted to play from our steam group but australians can't login.

Also, the vindictus market place works by opening some kind of strange hybrid internet page, configuring your default internet browser to work through the application too might help, not sure though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

40. Post #1600
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I wish they would put this on Steam. You know how there are F2P games on Steam now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)