1. Post #1681
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I hate that my old Lann was deleted. I was going to send all of his cash and items to my new Karok.
    Why are they deleting characters?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1682
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Why are they deleting characters?
    Turns out that I joined the wrong server. I clicked East Server, but it went to West Server, so I assumed that they wiped my characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1683
    December 2007
    520 Posts

What's with all the boats with hacks today. I joined 3 different boats for the new raid boss and they all had pvp on and there was a giant evie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1684
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    What's with all the boats with hacks today. I joined 3 different boats for the new raid boss and they all had pvp on and there was a giant evie
    That is really scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1685
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Is it just me or is this game even buggier than when Karok was still in concept?

6. Post #1686
    December 2007
    520 Posts
    Is it just me or is this game even buggier than when Karok was still in concept?
    I get stuck a lot when in the sewers when fighting a boss. Like I would be standing inside of him unable to run away and he would he stuck too

7. Post #1687
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,372 Posts
    Continent of the Ninth is supposed to be free to play, anyone gunna switch over to that when it comes to north america? It supposedly has Vindictus style combat but with an open world rather than instances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #1688
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Playing as Lann again is hard after you get a taste of level 30+ Karok.

9. Post #1689
    December 2007
    520 Posts
    I swear I'm the only one who has problems with the hounds in Ortel Castle esp in The Secret naughty room

10. Post #1690
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    I swear I'm the only one who has problems with the hounds in Ortel Castle esp in The Secret naughty room
    You're playing? I thought the servers were down.

11. Post #1691
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    How long does it take to get to lv. 60?

I really want to play this because of the action but I know it'll get repetative.. but the stance mode where you glow like crazy is so cool..

But I don't want to get back into it if it's just a grindfest.

12. Post #1692
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    699 Posts
    How long does it take to get to lv. 60?

I really want to play this because of the action but I know it'll get repetative.. but the stance mode where you glow like crazy is so cool..

But I don't want to get back into it if it's just a grindfest.
    Most quests around the 55-56 area are ~100k XP each. Leveling up is usually somewhere around 1mil+. Not too hard for the most part, just the dungeons themselves are a bit challenging.

13. Post #1693
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,716 Posts
    Continent of the Ninth is supposed to be free to play, anyone gunna switch over to that when it comes to north america? It supposedly has Vindictus style combat but with an open world rather than instances.
    Pretty sure when I tried the korean version I entered a level from town. Unless there was more afterwards or they've altered things. Didn't try it much due to the language barrier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #1694
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,381 Posts

How come people haven't been posting VindictusMod's stuff? It's pretty neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

15. Post #1695
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts

How come people haven't been posting VindictusMod's stuff? It's pretty neat.
    Only 23,000 views? I thought this would get super famous..

Actually Vindictus is a pretty non-famous game anyway.

16. Post #1696
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,381 Posts
    Only 23,000 views? I thought this would get super famous..

Actually Vindictus is a pretty non-famous game anyway.
    I would prefer it to be non-famous due to the current pay-to-win situation I've been hearing about... until this is resolved, which most likely it won't be.

I haven't leveled to the end yet but I don't want this to become the outcome of a game I like so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

17. Post #1697
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    I would prefer it to be non-famous due to the current pay-to-win situation I've been hearing about... until this is resolved, which most likely it won't be.

I haven't leveled to the end yet but I don't want this to become the outcome of a game I like so far.

Since it's free, you shouldn't be surprised if it does turn out to be "Pay to win". But, some games only have cash shops that give you items for show, and don't directly effect combat.

18. Post #1698
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    699 Posts
    So anyone here actually completed the main storyline as of now?

19. Post #1699
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    How the hell is it pay to win?.. Yeah there's a cash like like most other free MMOs out there but that doesn't mean it's pay to win.. if you can win an MMO then that's bad because then there would be no more level cap updates.

Edited:

So anyone here actually completed the main storyline as of now?
    The story is really not that great.. the beginning though.. I wish the whole game played like that. But it's an MMO so no.

I play it once in a while just to see what's new and have a little action. I can't play it normally though because it's too repetative.

20. Post #1700
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,915 Posts
    i'd say this is just pay to get a very minute advantage, the only thing that is op is the cadet badge thing but it only increases the skills by single digets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

21. Post #1701
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,381 Posts
    I'm speaking of the enhancement process where some people say that apparently you'll need a high weapon speed (which means you will need a +10 weapon) to be able to fight bosses later on... and some players that are about to launch are prejudiced against any who doesn't have it as such.

And with the chances of successfully enhancing your weapon, it's near impossible to get a +10 weapon.

When it comes to enhancement runes, it's a thing you have to pay for to keep your weapon from suffering consequences if the enhancement fails. It's desperately needed around 7-10 from what I believe, because the chances of success are low; especially when the consequences are high.

This is also mentioned in that thread I linked to.

Likewise, if you can fight a boss without having to + all your equipment, then I guess I'll be fine with it. Either way, the enhancement process needs improvement.

22. Post #1702
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I don't even know how to enhance. Where do I get an enhancement scroll and I have all these enhancement stones I don't know what to do with.

I have all these drops from dungeons I really want to get rid of them as they are taking up too much space. Instead of selling all of them on the market can I craft them into a useful ring or something.

I'm checking the wiki but someone answer these questions.

23. Post #1703
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    3,381 Posts
    I don't even know how to enhance. Where do I get an enhancement scroll and I have all these enhancement stones I don't know what to do with.

I have all these drops from dungeons I really want to get rid of them as they are taking up too much space. Instead of selling all of them on the market can I craft them into a useful ring or something.

I'm checking the wiki but someone answer these questions.
    Talk to Ferghus and explore the options you can do with him.

You won't need a tough weapon until the level 60s I imagine, but the rate of success is getting nastier as you go.

24. Post #1704
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    Of course it gets super chansey.. fucking generic MMO rules..

25. Post #1705
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    3,761 Posts
    European Vindictus - Closed Beta at September

Fricking Finally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #1706
    August 2009
    855 Posts
    I'm speaking of the enhancement process where some people say that apparently you'll need a high weapon speed (which means you will need a +10 weapon) to be able to fight bosses later on... and some players that are about to launch are prejudiced against any who doesn't have it as such.

And with the chances of successfully enhancing your weapon, it's near impossible to get a +10 weapon.

When it comes to enhancement runes, it's a thing you have to pay for to keep your weapon from suffering consequences if the enhancement fails. It's desperately needed around 7-10 from what I believe, because the chances of success are low; especially when the consequences are high.

This is also mentioned in that thread I linked to.

Likewise, if you can fight a boss without having to + all your equipment, then I guess I'll be fine with it. Either way, the enhancement process needs improvement.
    The system is pretty screwy. I got a +8 on my first try without any runes, but there's no way I'd attempt getting past that. But with the runes, you can easily get +11 and better. Someone gave me a +12 staff of whatever was the best staff at the time, and it was ridiculously powerful compared to the +8 I had. Surely they will balance future bosses so that if you don't have someone in your party with the top enhanced weapons, the battles last RIDICULOUS amounts of time, or are just impossible.

What annoys me most about this system is how there is simply no way to work your way up to getting a +11 or better without NX. You just have to keep taking enhancement chances that cost you huge amounts of in-game money, and getting to +10 and higher has a crazy low chance of happening. Most other MMOs, you can at least GRIND your way to getting the top stuff. But with Vindictus, the only way to grind your way to the top stuff that is allowed by Nexon would be to buy the enhanced weapon directly for a ridiculous amount of gold.

In my opinion, if they are going to keep the enhancement system as-is, they should just allow everyone to buy NX with gold from other players, and perhaps even to sell the runes on the marketplace. At least give free players a chance, while still giving the paying members a huge advantage. People already buy NX with gold, so Nexon should just fully allow it.

27. Post #1707
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,577 Posts
    One thing I don't like is how often I'm getting these Server Response Delays when I try to get a boat to anywhere. I also somehow not getting alot of people on doing some missions on anlie... I've just reached level 28 on Karok on the east server.

Most likely I will end up paying about 50K for parts on the blood lord set and the Uldar (sp?) pillar.

28. Post #1708
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I don't know why I started playing this again.

29. Post #1709
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    One thing I don't like is how often I'm getting these Server Response Delays when I try to get a boat to anywhere. I also somehow not getting alot of people on doing some missions on anlie... I've just reached level 28 on Karok on the east server.

Most likely I will end up paying about 50K for parts on the blood lord set and the Uldar (sp?) pillar.
    It's pretty easy to get your money back if you don't spend like an idiot, but I'm sure you know that if you got to 28. Ulchas is not worth upgrading, since you get the Black Scar pillar at around 36-38.

30. Post #1710
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    5,247 Posts
    One thing I don't like is how often I'm getting these Server Response Delays when I try to get a boat to anywhere.
    Yeah that drives me completely insane sometimes

I also somehow not getting alot of people on doing some missions on anlie... I've just reached level 28 on Karok on the east server.
    ...what? Also everything in Ainle except the raids and holy ground should be fairly easy to solo. The only one I did with 2 people really was the blood prince because it was too slow otherwise, and I was doing it to level.

31. Post #1711
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,518 Posts
    So yeah when does this come out in the EU?

Surely it's not hard to add a U to every instance of the word "color" and release it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

32. Post #1712
    May 2009
    2,771 Posts
    Dont depend on that. They also said it would come out last year december
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events

33. Post #1713
    October 2009
    5,083 Posts
    I have been waiting for 9 months now. People in this thread knows about my rants over the past 9 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #1714
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    White wings, anyone?

35. Post #1715
    December 2007
    520 Posts
    How do you pronounce Ainle? Even though I'm way past that place I could never really understand how to pronounce it

36. Post #1716
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,915 Posts
    How do you pronounce Ainle? Even though I'm way past that place I could never really understand how to pronounce it
    anal studs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1717
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    This is for a friend.

Here's the problem:

Specs:
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    4096MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Temps:
    40c on HD 37 and blow on Cores
    [according to Precision EVGA] 48c [on GPU]

Drivers are up to date.

38. Post #1718
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    5,247 Posts
    I always pronounced it eyn-leh but I honestly have no idea. I was shocked when keaghan pronounced clodagh "clode-uh".

39. Post #1719
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    I got to about level 42 on my Karok. The devs have made the low 40s grind a lot easier on the player. I remember back when people had to grind Hidden forever.

40. Post #1720
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,577 Posts
    i usually pronounce it as Ain-le or Anally.

got pass the blood prince long time ago, Statue Defense is awful, as level 1's don't know what they are doing, and busy shooting each other with ballista then defending the statue.

Ulchas is not worth upgrading, since you get the Black Scar pillar at around 36-38.
    thanks for the heads up, I might look into it, then search for the right materials for it.

as playing as Karok, warewolves are hard to hit unless they paused and you beat them down enough to stun them.