[h2]Hey guys, let's try focusing on the book. Makes it easier to distinguish between spoilers. And speaking of spoilers, if spoiler tagging, specify if it's a book spoiler or show spoiler.[/h2]
[release][h2]Season 2: April 1, 2012[/h2]
What we know so far:
- Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell.
- Gwendoline Christie as Brienne of Tarth.
- Liam Cunningham as Davos Seaworth.
- Oliver Ford Davies as Maester Cressen.
- Stephen Dillane as Stannis Baratheon
- Carice van Houten as Melisandre of Asshai.
- Karl Davies as Alton Lanniester.
- Gemma Whelan as Yara (Asha) Greyjoy.
- Nonso Anozie as Xaro Xhoan Daxos.
- Tom Wlaschiha as Jaqen H'ghar.
- Roy Dotrice as Pyromancer Hallyne.
- Hannah Murray as Gilly.
- Ben Crompton as Eddison Tollett.
- Michael McElhatton as Roose Bolton.
- Robert Pugh as Craster.
- Laura Pradelska as Quaithe.
- Forbes KB as Black Lorren.
- Patrick Malahide as Balon Greyjoy.
- Daniel Portman as Podrick Payne.
- Lucian Msamati as Salladhor Saan.
- Ian Hanmore as Pyat Pree.
- Ralph Ineson as Dagmer Cleftjaw.
Game of Thrones is an HBO series. It is an adaptation of A Song of Ice and Fire, a series of epic fantasy novels written by American author George R.R. Martin. The series was jokingly tagged as "The Sopranos in Middle-Earth." That should help give you an idea of what it's like if you've never read the books.
"Clip Preview," but I like to call it a teaser.
"Winter is coming" teaser:
Behind the scenes featurette
Designing food for the sets.
Designing the sets themselves.
On costume design.
George R.R. Martin- Bringing Game of Thrones to HBO Featuring Really Bad Audio Why Do I still have these in this post - Part One - Part Two - Part Three
Interview with John Bradley-West, playing Samwell Tarly
Interview with Martin himself:
Language creator David J. Peterson:
Personally, I'm very excited. I've been completely hooked on the novels ever since I heard the two new Blind Guardian songs that are based on them.
This is also my first go at a megathread. Hopefully it was satisfactory. I plan on updating it as information becomes available.