1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    My mic used to work perfectly until about a week ago when it started to just give out static. I don't really know what happened, I haven't changed any settings or done anything special with my computer. The cables and everything are visually fine, I really don't have any idea what happened. Is it broken, something wrong with my computer? I'd be glad if anyone could help, thanks.

It's this headset if it matters.

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    540 Posts
    Does it output static in all programs?

3. Post #3
    hello.jpg
    September 2007
    4,309 Posts
    Try a different headset, if a different one works, your headset is dead.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    Does it output static in all programs?
    Well, I tried in audacity and all I got was static. My friends on skype are telling me they just hear static. Haven't tried anything else.

Try a different headset, if a different one works, your headset is dead.
    I don't have another headset to try right now, but I tried it in another computer. It works on it, so must be something with my computer then.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    Bump, can't seem to find a solution. Headset works on other computers and everything, tried finding drivers and everything.

Could it be that my soundcard is broken or something?

6. Post #6
    October 2009
    58 Posts
    Bump, can't seem to find a solution. Headset works on other computers and everything, tried finding drivers and everything.

Could it be that my soundcard is broken or something?
    Your sound card is more likely to do some something mad or just not work. It might be something to do with your environment or the cable is getting old.

I've got an audio digitiser and it really good for removing static.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    Your sound card is more likely to do some something mad or just not work. It might be something to do with your environment or the cable is getting old.

I've got an audio digitiser and it really good for removing static.
    Well about the environment I don't really think it is the problem, I've had my comp in two different houses and tried the mic, still nothing anywhere. The cables should work fine I think, as they worked on another computer.

And the audio digitiser wouldn't really help, my mic doesn't play anything but static. Can't hear my voice in the backround of the static etc.

Well, thanks for trying anyways.

8. Post #8
    October 2009
    58 Posts
    Is it static or feedback is there a set of speakers nearby?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    There are no speakers nearby.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    bump

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,532 Posts
    Sorry to bump again, right now I'm pretty sure it's the soundcard. Now I just need to know, would one of these things that you put your mic wire into and then into the usb slot work?

12. Post #12
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    -bad reading here-
    Try reinstalling your drivers, whether they be for a secondary sound card or onboard.

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    13,386 Posts
    Umm.. I got those same headphones, and I thought my mic was broken too until i realised my microphone was actually muted.

It has mute/unmute button right on the volume control thingy on the cord of your headphones.

I hope this helps.

Edited:

Nvm, didn't read the whole thread anyway