1. Post #1
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    ----LATEST ANNOUNCEMENT----
    Another mirror, courtesy of JetBoom.
    21th July 2013

Hey guys!

Are you interested in GMod's history? Are you wondering what GMod was like back in the old days before Episode One and the Orange Box? Or are you simply longing to experience GMod again like it was 'back in the day', if only for a couple of minutes?

Well my friend, fortunately for you I have brought together and made playable a whopping TWENTY-THREE old versions of GMod for your enjoyment and reminiscence. This pack is perfect for you if you can't be bothered to fix these old mods yourself. Each version was downloaded from some site or another before being fixed.

-----------------------------
    NEWS AND REMINDERS
    -----------------------------

NEWS:
    - 21st July 2013: Another mirror, courtesy of JetBoom.
    - 19th July 2013: New secondary mirror is available, courtesy of maurits150!
    - 17th July 2013: New download links; this time I'm using MediaFire. I've rearranged the files themselves, too. They're in tar.xz format now (much better compression, and multi-platform).
    - 17th July 2013: Banana Lord's mirrors unfortunately died. New working download links will be provided soon! (And thanks Banana Lord for the help over the last two and a half years!)
    - 8th August 2012: Secondary mirrors removed due to dead links. An alternative has been offered and will be provided soon.
    - 29th February 2012: New mirrors added, courtesy of Banana Lord!
    - 29th February 2012: Multiupload went down, so new secondary mirrors will be provided soon (probably also by the great Banana Lord). Also, happy leap year, everyone.
    - After abandoning this thread for some 10 months, I'm back! We have Multiupload instead of the other mirrors (which went down), thanks to the user skeleto (see page 6 of thread)! Things may need fixing on this, seeing as it's been 10 months since I last looked, but I'm guessing Source SDK 2006 hasn't changed all too much. Have fun guys, and I'm here for support again! (2nd November 2011)
    - D2K5S1 has provided MORE alternative mirrors, just see the Downloads section!
    - In the Other Crap section of the thread there's now an alternative page for the primary mirror.
    - An alternative mirror for the GM_Construct Collection is linked on the thread and is working.
    - The images for Banana Lord's mirrors have been updated and are working.
    - Buggzie has kindly provided alternative mirrors which you can find underneath the normal downloads!
    - Banana Lord has provided some mirrors for the downloads, with fancy self-updating pictures!

REMINDERS:
    - Many thanks to Banana Lord for providing the primary mirrors up until 17th July 2013!
    - Need any help with the pack itself? PM me or post on the thread.
    - Having issues with the mirrors? Contact me about the primary mirrors, and maurits150 about the secondary mirrors.

------------------
    THE VERSIONS
    ------------------
    Some people will want this list so I'll put it up here. Full list of the 23 GMod versions included in this pack:
    3a
    4a
    6a
    6b
    6c
    7a
    8.3a
    8.3b
    9.0.2r
    9.0.4b
    9.0.4c

That was sort of a waste of space, but never mind.

-------------------
    REQUIREMENTS
    -------------------
    In terms of software, you need Steam, Half-Life 2, Source SDK Base 2006, and possibly Half-Life 2: Deathmatch for some versions, all installed and recently played.

--------------------
    PACK PROBLEMS
    --------------------
    - January 2011: For some reason, versions later than 9.0.1 won't show in your library if they're all there. To resolve this, only store one GMod V9 in the sourcemods folder at a time (you don't really need any more than that anyway).
    - The "teleportation thumbnails" present in some versions of gm_construct, that when used lead to various HL2 maps, apparently no longer function. At some point I will attempt to fix this, but I don't know if it's fixable without decompiling, manually fixing, and recompiling gm_construct, which is a process that can cause its own problems. For now, this is just a notice.
    - Crashes sometimes (but rarely) occur when playing some of the versions, but this is probably due to buggy code. Remember, the Source SDK Base 2006 hasn't changed for a long time, so the engine itself should be totally compatible.

----------------
    DOWNLOADS
    ----------------
    The pack is split into three archives. Each download is a tar.xz file. These can be opened and extracted by WinRAR or 7-zip on Windows and Mac. Linux users can deal with these files with any standard package manager. Each archive contains a README.txt file, which I strongly recommend reading.

Garry's Mod versions 1 - 6c
    Mirror 1 (MediaFire)
    Mirror 2 (courtesy of maurits150)
    Mirror 3 (courtesy of JetBoom)

Garry's Mod versions 7 - 8.3b
    Mirror 1 (MediaFire)

Garry's Mod versions 9.0 - 9.0.4c
    Mirror 1 (MediaFire)

--------------------
    HISTORICAL GM_CONSTRUCT COLLECTION
    --------------------
    Aha! Yes, an extra! For you and you only, I have collected the 10 pre-retail versions of the hugely iconic map gm_construct from the 23 versions of GMod of which you see download links before your dilated eyes (LOLWUT). I haven't taken any from the GMod 9.1 betas though, because I haven't included the betas in my pack.

The download links are here - same as above, it's a tar.xz file, and it also contains a README.txt file which I recommend reading.

Mirror 1 (MediaFire)

----------------
    OTHER CRAP
    ----------------
    If you've set up a server for any of the fixed versions in my previous pack, then download the relevant section of this new pack and recreate the server; some mod names have been changed for easy distinguishing between versions.

If you want the original versions, unedited, unfixed and as I downloaded them myself, then I have backed them all up and I will gladly upload them all-in-one for you. Just PM me.

Bugs you think I (or anybody else on Facepunch) can sort out? Post them on this thread and I'll see what I can do, and I hope so will the rest of the community interested in this thread.

-------------
    HAVE FUN
    -------------
    Well, just remember to, as usual, have one hell of a lot of fun with these mods. If you don't plan to have fun, don't download!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 102Friendly x 13Funny x 2Agree x 1Late x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    BUMP! Must be higher than the old thread!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,482 Posts
    Cool, it fits in with Facepunch and Gmod history days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    1.21 GIGAWATTS!
    May 2010
    6,545 Posts
    I did the same thing with GMod 9. Blindly editing gameinfo.txt is fun.

Anywho, good on you for uploading them!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    Thanks for the posts, downloads and support, guys! Already 6 downloads for V1 - V6C!

6. Post #6
    November 2010
    78 Posts
    Woah! A man could spend a day playing every version. I still have seven from when I used to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    October 2008
    56 Posts
    Hey, cool! I'm downloading the version 9.0.4c =P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2008
    1,275 Posts
    We. need. to. organize. an. event.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2009
    2,388 Posts
    Out of curiosity what is the big deal, isn't Gmod10 a flat out upgrade?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 27Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2009
    80 Posts
    @Crossus88: we should... I never go to but I would always love to experience what it was like back in the day before gmod 10.

@teh_medic: ya.. but it's just for fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,031 Posts
    I was looking for something like this, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Croatia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,222 Posts
    V9.0.4c Fixed and Playable!
    Oooh I know somebody who'll be happy about this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    Out of curiosity what is the big deal, isn't Gmod10 a flat out upgrade?
    I've put these up for the sake of reminiscence and amusement. Some people think that there are versions better than V10/11, and just because the retail version is more feature-rich does not mean that it is the best. More than that though, the older versions are almost completely different mods, with different things to do and have fun with. You don't see the RPG prop launcher in the retail version, do you?

We. need. to. organize. an. event.
    Yes, that's true. I was thinking of one for V7A or 8. First, I suggest we wait for at least 20 downloads that section of the pack (V7 - V8.3a).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,406 Posts
    If somebody will tell that a event is coming about 2-3 days before, I will download it. And join you people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,796 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2009
    1,629 Posts
    any servers up for gmod9?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2010
    985 Posts
    I love playing GMod7. :love:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    any servers up for gmod9?
    Not for any of the GMod 9 versions included in this pack, since they all use different names in the Steam library to allow them to be easily distinguished from one another. Some people are already considering setting up servers though. I'd like a server for GMod 7 but I don't know how to set one up.

19. Post #19
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,185 Posts
    Tried one of the previous versions, seems that it is easier to pose ragdolls in one of them...though that might just be me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    Tried one of the previous versions, seems that it is easier to pose ragdolls in one of them...though that might just be me?
    It's true. I find it a lot easier posing ragdolls in V7 than in retail. Although I haven't found the no-collide function in V7 yet ... it would make things even EASIER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    May 2005
    3,699 Posts
    You're missing version 8.3b
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    You're missing version 8.3b
    http://gmod.de/threads/23388-GMod-Archiv

The list above does not contain version 8.3b, but there is an unofficial filefront download for it. According to the description, it just looks like a rehash of 8.3a.

23. Post #23
    September 2010
    42 Posts
    qiuck question do i need HL2 or another source game for these to work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

24. Post #24
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    May 2005
    3,699 Posts
    http://gmod.de/threads/23388-GMod-Archiv

The list above does not contain version 8.3b, but there is an unofficial filefront download for it. According to the description, it just looks like a rehash of 8.3a.
    8.3b fixed a few minor bugs in 8.3a, it wasn't a rehash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    July 2009
    3,416 Posts
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    Read the thread before you post stupid questions. I'm not even going to answer this, because I've already typed it up under the 'REQUIREMENTS' heading in the original thread.

Well, it's not a big deal. If you want those bugs to be fixed, use V9.0. I'm not going to re-upload now.

27. Post #27
    July 2010
    985 Posts
    You need Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source for any of the GMod 9.X's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    You need Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source for any of the GMod 9.X's.
    You don't actually need CSS at all (or HL2DM, come to think of it). You can demount both these games in the Mod Manager. You DO need HL2, however. And the Source SDK Base 2006, for these fixed versions.

Edited:

Okay, I have now uploaded it (fixed obviously) in a separate download which can be found in the thread. Thanks for pointing the version out to me. It may be of note that 8.3b uses V10 of gm_construct (which I thought was first used in V9.0). Therefore, the readme file of the GM_Constructs Collection pack gives misleading information when it says that gm_construct_v10 was first used in GMod V9. Just a note.

29. Post #29
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,358 Posts
    Gmod 9 rp mods were the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    If somebody could somehow set up a dedicated server for one of the versions (I'd prefer it if it was before V9), I'm sure we could host a good event now.

31. Post #31
    July 2010
    985 Posts
    You don't actually need CSS at all (or HL2DM, come to think of it). You can demount both these games in the Mod Manager. You DO need HL2, however. And the Source SDK Base 2006, for these fixed versions.
    You need all the games I mentioned for it to load, you can't demount them without loading the game. The simple workaround is to delete ALL the CSS related files, however. I don't recommend this - just get CS:S. You need HL2DM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    I don't have CSS in any form, or any of its content, and every version works absolutely perfectly for me.

33. Post #33
    April 2010
    45 Posts
    Sweet :D
    This looks cool aha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,188 Posts
    Mirrors.

Do you want?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    Mirrors.

Do you want?
    If you could set up some decent mirrors for this then that'd be great!

36. Post #36
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,188 Posts
    On it.

Edited:

Uploading the last 200 MB one now...

EDIT: Can't put the images in code tags, but just quote my post + take the code (obviously). The images update live, so as soon as someone downloads, it updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    On it.

Edited:

Uploading the last 200 MB one now...

EDIT: Can't put the images in code tags, but just quote my post + take the code (obviously). The images update live, so as soon as someone downloads, it updates.
    Great stuff, thanks a lot :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,188 Posts
    Sure beans. When I get home tonight, I'll be installing these :D

Edited:

FUFUFU

Edited:

and FUCK you know my name nao

EDIT: HAHA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2010
    430 Posts
    Sure beans. When I get home tonight, I'll be installing these :D

Edited:

FUFUFU

Edited:

and FUCK you know my name nao

EDIT: HAHA
    Lawl, yes that is a big file. Each 9.X version is large in itself, and there's 7 near-identical duplicates!

40. Post #40
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,188 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)