1. Post #1
    June 2009
    392 Posts
    An interactive story in the HL2 Universe about a Rebel who has recently been captured during some sort of uprising.
    Now, unlike the other interactives (Not saying all of them), it would be much appreciated if you made serious/realistic suggestions instead of "Herp Durpa, Pull a rocket launcher out of your ass and shoot at everything"

Anyway, yea.

Backstory: You're a rebel, captured after a recent uprising. You are in a very un-organized war prison, due to the frontlines being so close, and you are facing execution. Try to escape and get back into the front line.

There is a Combine Prison Soldier standing guard at the window with a shotgun, he doesn't seem to turn around, so you can think of ways to escape.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    Break the glass, steal his gun and proceed too pump his face full of lead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2009
    392 Posts
    Damn, forgot to say, that's some shatterproof/rocketlauncher proof glass.

4. Post #4
    June 2009
    531 Posts
    Attempt to converse with the officer, starting out with political smalltalk, and then move into letting you go.

5. Post #5
    March 2010
    1,393 Posts
    Poop through the meal slot and knock on the window
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    realistic suggestions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    1,393 Posts
    OP, do you want serious suggestions as well as realistic?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    OP, do you want serious suggestions as well as realistic?
    If I was in prison with an armed guard outside my cell, the last thing i'd want to do is take a shit and stick it through the slot too his side, essentially not very realistic :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2010
    287 Posts
    Knock on the window until he opens the door
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Poop through the meal slot and knock on the window
    if you dont do this, then im not following this interactive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    if you dont do this, then im not following this interactive
    oh lawd, I'll just jump on the bandwagon then. Do it OP

12. Post #12
    June 2009
    392 Posts
    After Banging on the door a couple times, the guard opens the door.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    After Banging on the door a couple times, the guard opens the door.

Where's the poop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    900 Posts
    I don't see any toilets in the cell. Tell the dude that you gotta take a shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2009
    392 Posts
    I didn't find it serious enough.

16. Post #16
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Where's the poop?
    let me know if he does it later
    im out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    let me know if he does it later
    im out
    ok, poop

I didn't find it serious enough.
    you shittin' me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2010
    1,393 Posts
    Feign illness, when the guard comes in pull a rocket launcher out of your ass and shoot at everything cause him bodily harm.

It's just not the same. :saddowns:

19. Post #19
    April 2010
    287 Posts
    bang on the door again, and say
    "that was a bit rude, we were having a good conversation there"

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    bang on the door again, and say
    "that was a bit rude, we were having a good conversation there"
    then poop, c'mon you had a big lunch

that was 2 weeks expired.

21. Post #21
    June 2009
    392 Posts
    Feign illness, when the guard comes in pull a rocket launcher out of your ass and shoot at everything cause him bodily harm.

It's just not the same. :saddowns:
    He's ganna be executed, I don't think that will really make the Guard worried.
    Also, if he thinks you're dead, he will send more people into the cell to check it out, thus ruining your chances in making a successful getaway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    Tell him you've always wondered what it feels like to beaten by a nighstick.
    Let's get him inside our prison cell so that we can overpower him by our good looks and witty sense of humour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    Tell him you've always wondered what it feels like to beaten by a nighstick.
    Let's get him inside our prison cell so that we can overpower him by our good looks and witty sense of humour.
    Then defecate on him while he is stunned by our good looks.

24. Post #24
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    In due time, we need to get him inside before we can release our inner pleasures.

Oh and I remembered something, our friend ccampincarl have created two interactive threads before that he abandoned after just a few updates.
    This can only mean one thing.

It's a User Challenge on ccampincarl

Making interactives can be a tiresome job, at first it's awesome because you just have this amazing idea and you're running on adrenaline, putting out update at an alarming rate. People enjoy what you do, they are active and suggestions and discussion amongst the people viewing your interactive is running wild.

After the first week, you start to realize what you've gotten yourself into, and you stop posting at a much slower rate. It's not as fun anymore and it has become a bit of a work. That's life, and this is also why you should...

1) Keep this interactive going until the end of the year.

I want you to keep this going until the beginning of 2011. You have abandoned your threads early on in the past and I think it's due time you make a worthwhile thread, and not leave people hanging.

I think this one is pretty straightforward, you can not abandon this thread until it's 1st of January, 2011. This means you are going to have to keep this one going for atleast a month.

The rate is going to be three(3) updates every week until the 1st of January. It ends on a saturday so that week you have to post three updates before saturday.

2) I want you to end the interactive if you chose to do on Monday, 3rd of January.

And by end I don't mean abandon. I want you to post a last update (this is, if you don't plan to continue with your interactive after the deadline) that you've spent AT LEAST Four(4) hours on. You must tie all lose knots with this update so if this interactive has gone down a long path with lots of interaction with characters who are still alive you must draw what happened to them and also write what became of them.

I want you to continue with the same quality on each and every update, so no half-assing with stick figures or whatever when you decide to update. You are very much capable of drawing interesting pictures so we will know when you've half-assed an update.
    AT MINIMUM you must post atleast one update every week, this is only if you have some really good excuse to as why you can't update atleast three(3) times every week.

Don't dissapoint us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    D-d-aaammmmmn son!

Gregah these challenges are great, and your one of the main people
    I think are most worthy for modship

ok carl your fans want poop, fucking give us it now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,951 Posts
    That is a very well thought out yet simple challenge. Glad you're paying attention to the users and how to best benefit and improve upon their posting styles.

also I've been balancing out thoughts on modship between Rety, Jewy and Gregah. If it comes to the point I can ask for a mod recruit to the section, you guys are my first choices. Gregah's challenges are definitely an improvement to the section's respectability. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    That is a very well thought out yet simple challenge. Glad you're paying attention to the users and how to best benefit and improve upon their posting styles.

also I've been balancing out thoughts on modship between Rety, Jewy and Gregah. If it comes to the point I can ask for a mod recruit to the section, you guys are my first choices. Gregah's challenges are definitely an improvement to the section's respectability. :buddy:
    Why not all 3?
    Gregah and me are like a good cop bad cop deal
    and then jewdozer is the people's choice nazi leader

Edited:

that would be sweet

28. Post #28
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,951 Posts
    Arts isn't quite as hectic as Games section was, but if I can take on all 3 I might, though I would want someone more native to music section in the mix.

all for thinking now, not sure how the future will play out.

29. Post #29
    January 2008
    1,130 Posts
    The poop thing isn't so unrealistic you know, many inmates smear poop on the walls to get a few minutes out of their cell. Minutes to plot your evilous plan to escape that prison.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts

Am I a worthy moderator?

31. Post #31
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,409 Posts
    Arts isn't quite as hectic as Games section was, but if I can take on all 3 I might, though I would want someone more native to music section in the mix.

all for thinking now, not sure how the future will play out.
    brb posting in music section

32. Post #32
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    25,951 Posts
    continue mod discussion in MSPaint general chat thread

33. Post #33
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    -snip-
    - continuing mod discussion in GC-thread -

Bftony ; I agree, it will also make the guards think you're insane and I'm sure they would throw us to the asylum instead, where there is a higher chance of people going crazy and giving us an opportunity to use the chaos to our advantage.

34. Post #34
    June 2009
    392 Posts
    Don't dissapoint us.
    I've honestly never felt more special on this forum ever...and I accept your challenge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,198 Posts
    I've honestly never felt more special on this forum ever...and I accept your challenge.
    Gregah is a sweet-heart that way, also good luck on you challenge, you'll do good. I'll keep checking in on you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,206 Posts
    -snip-
    - continuing mod discussion in GC-thread -

Bftony ; I agree, it will also make the guards think you're insane and I'm sure they would throw us to the asylum instead, where there is a higher chance of people going crazy and giving us an opportunity to use the chaos to our advantage.
    Of course we must remember that we are in the Half Life 2 world, and the combine most likely would not have a section for the insane, and they most likely would not care what you smear on your walls, you're the one that has to live in the cell.

In fact we may just have to wait until some actually crazy dude in orange armor comes by with a crowbar and an army of alien bugs.

Edit: Actually, that's my suggestion. Tell the guard that you have imperative information on the location of Dr. Freeman and you'll tell them if you are allowed to go free.

It can't hurt.

37. Post #37
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    That's awesome, I know a lot of people will have plenty of respect for you and I'm 100% certain you will grow a lot artistically during this journey.

Edited:

Of course we must remember that we are in the Half Life 2 world, and the combine most likely would not have a section for the insane, and they most likely would not care what you smear on your walls, you're the one that has to live in the cell.

In fact we may just have to wait until some actually crazy dude in orange armor comes by with a crowbar an an army of alien bugs.
    That's a valid point! I still think we should smear the walls brown, the walls look so dull now.

38. Post #38
    January 2008
    1,130 Posts
    Indeed, a nice combination of poopy-brown with some nuts would make a great colour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,206 Posts
    That's awesome, I know a lot of people will have plenty of respect for you and I'm 100% certain you will grow a lot artistically during this journey.

Edited:

That's a valid point! I still think we should smear the walls brown, the walls look so dull now.
    You know what would really liven up the walls?
    A nice blood red. Let's keep the walls clean until we can adorn them as such as a little prize to ourselves for patience.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,888 Posts
    Knock on the door getting the guards attention. Get him to come closer to the door.When he is close enough grabs his balls HARD through the hole. When he faints from the pain, steal his keys and escape. Then steal his weapon.