1. Post #1
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,422 Posts
    Find cool art and feel like sharing, but don't want it to go to waste in LMAO pictures nor be banned for not posting your own work in a creative thread? By popular demand, This thread now exists!

Think of it as LMAO pics, but for awesome works of art. Photography, pencil sketches, grass arranged in the shape of the Mona Lisa, whatever, so long as it's interesting.

Rules:

Can't be yours
    CAN be your friend's (if they're not on FP; they'll post in a proper thread if they want to show stuff off)
    Try to provide information, like a link to their gallery, artist name, etc.
    Don't just dump random pictures you found on a blog. Flooding is stupid and can ruin the look and feel of each individual piece as they're sandwiched and overshadowed.

To start off, I'll note my old friend Armene, a Russian photographer/stylist who tends to have a surreal look on things. Used to talk to her on DeviantArt a few years back, not much at all as of late.

Deviant Art
    Facebook
    Model Mayhem Profile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2010
    2,293 Posts
    So she is Russian? Her works are great. Where in Russia she lives exactly?

3. Post #3
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    \
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,391 Posts
    My mate took pictures at friends' gig the other night. He's not the best photographer in the world but I think his stuff certainly trumps the shit the 'official' photographer of the night was pumping out (way over-exposed black and white cliched crap):

The Shang Highs - 19/12/2010

Photographer: Andrew Carson
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/53727973@N08/

Actually now I think of it the stuff on his Flickr are probably higher quality photographs in terms of composition n stuff, but I don't think that the majority are as interesting as the stuff of the band.

I'm sure I'd be able to relay and polite and constructive critiques to him.

Oh actually stuff from the World Lacrosse Tournament was better:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,422 Posts
    Voronezh

6. Post #6
    June 2010
    2,293 Posts
    Voronezh
    Ewwwm it is more then 300 kilometers from here. Thanks anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2009
    386 Posts
    I've always wondered where this pic came from. Can't even remembered where I got it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2006
    14,846 Posts
    This piece by Kanex of GFXartist.com has been one of my favourite 3D pieces. I love the style of character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 18Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,422 Posts
    I've always wondered where this pic came from. Can't even remembered where I got it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrhayata/319625685/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,683 Posts
    When in doubt: tineye.com for searching images.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,455 Posts
    This guy, Louis Lander Deacon, used to go to my school and is actually an amazing photographer. (He disabled sharing, so i can't display any of his work!)

12. Post #12
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,426 Posts
    David Olkarny, his style is all over the place, but he's pulled off some good stuff.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    This piece by Kanex of GFXartist.com has been one of my favourite 3D pieces. I love the style of character.
    While the body and face are reasonably proportional, and while I know the intention of the artist, the eyes still disturb me a bit.

Edited:

My god, she's gorgeous :aaa:

Edited:

My mate took pictures at friends' gig the other night. He's not the best photographer in the world but I think his stuff certainly trumps the shit the 'official' photographer of the night was pumping out (way over-exposed black and white cliched crap):

He took this in the middle of a show? Wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    A common problem with female characters: the balance between sexuality and personality.
    The chest says it's a dude, and the ass is really exaggerated.
    Still, gorgeous modelling and texturing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    A common problem with female characters: the balance between sexuality and personality.
    The chest says it's a dude, and the ass is really exaggerated.
    Still, gorgeous modelling and texturing.
    I like em small
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

17. Post #17
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    I can't be the only one that notices that her left leg on the ass picture is really messed up, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    May 2010
    11,156 Posts
    Fuck this photography bullshit, let's get some fucking Zdzislaw fucking Beksinski in this bitch.

Motherfucking Viktor Antonov

FUCKING DORE

BAM

BAM

BAM

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 30Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,627 Posts

Both are pieces for Heavy Rain. This guy has 120 paintings so I tried to post the 2 most interesting ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    I like em small

Perfect balance, in my opinion.

http://shaylyn.carbonmade.com/projects/2781521
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,055 Posts
    I'm pretty fascinated bout Francis Bacon's paintings.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,449 Posts
    I don't really look at many pieces of art outside of FP and the people I follow on DA.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    It's like anime meets reality
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2009
    439 Posts
    the face looks like a Neanderthal with anime eyes.

or a not blue navi

Edited:

kinda
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    May 2010
    11,156 Posts
    good god am i fucking sick

my throat feels like it's full of needles and each time i inhale it's like breathing in superheated volcanic dust

perfect time for art and some giger

because yes boys and girls he did do more than just alien
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    3,838 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 11 (list)

28. Post #28
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,422 Posts
    perfect time for art and some giger

There's a member here on FP, Smilecythe, who I think would do amazing work just like this if he went to a good art school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    May 2010
    11,156 Posts
    There's a member here on FP, Smilecythe, who I think would do amazing work just like this if he went to a good art school.
    well that wouldn't be hard

i mean artists have been making painting things just like H R Giger since 1979 heyooo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,683 Posts
    dgg, that picture with the space guy is indescribably badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,351 Posts
    Klammyxxl, come out and play, sweetie.
    It doesn't really help much if you rate me without expression your opinion.

32. Post #32
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,422 Posts

stolen from LMAO pics. Can't find any info on it, though, tineye comes up blank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,627 Posts
    Tineye doesn't come up with a lot of things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    January 2008
    1,633 Posts
    I got a few obvious favourites like Bosch but one arty I've never been able to find the maker for is this NSFW image. I'll warn you its probably the most amazing and revolting image you'll see in a lifetime. This drawing inspired me to start drawing. The lighting, colours and anatomy are perfect, theres nothing about this drawing I'd change.

NSFW

If anyone can help me find out who did that I'd be greatful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

35. Post #35
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,449 Posts
    dgg, that picture with the space guy is indescribably badass.
    It is.

http://adonihs.deviantart.com/

I got a few obvious favourites like Bosch but one arty I've never been able to find the maker for is this NSFW image. I'll warn you its probably the most amazing and revolting image you'll see in a lifetime. This drawing inspired me to start drawing. The lighting, colours and anatomy are perfect, theres nothing about this drawing I'd change.

NSFW

If anyone can help me find out who did that I'd be greatful.
    Thought you had something much better than that to show. Didn't find the source, but Tineye found a more hi-res version of it at least.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3655193/0041b8h8.jpg

Artist found! Was hanging out on Conceptart.org (searched "Hannes vs Jana" as it says down in the corner, first thread, went to homepage on OP's profile dropdown menu, sent to DA account)
    http://janaschi.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,422 Posts
    jewdozer, what schooling do you have with your art anyways? I know you're big with your anatomy and the like but I would like to see what you could do with photoshop brushes rather MS paint.

37. Post #37
    August 2009
    439 Posts

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,437 Posts

i absolutely love this piece
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    hello.jpg
    September 2007
    4,310 Posts
    Michelangelo, his canvas: An entire fucking ceiling!

Not to be confused with this radical dude:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,179 Posts

i absolutely love this piece
    Apparently most people on DeviantArt did. Never understood why it was so popular, lots of stuff is much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)