Note: If you want to install 8, it's probably best if you do so in a virtual machine. There have been reports of files being deleted. If you still want to install 8 on a physical machine, do so on a secondary. If you don't have a secondary then make sure you have backups of all your files and install via USB or DVD and not setup.exe from within Windows.
To rewatch today's Build conference video (2hr, 20min), visit: http://www.buildwindows.com/
Official Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/
Official Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BuildWindows8
September 13-16, Anaheim CA, 9:00 AM PDT | 4:00PM / 16:00 UTC.
April 12th: Windows 8 M1 Build 7850 (x86) Leaked
April 25th: Windows 8 Pre-M3 Build 7955 (x86) Leaked
May 1st: Windows Server 2012 Pre-M3 Build 7959 (x64) Leaked
June 18th: Windows 8 M3 Build 7989 (x64) Leaked
• System Reset: Restores your computer back to its default settings.
• Aero Autocolorization: Changes DWM's colorization color based on the dominant color of your wallpaper.
• Ribbon Explorer: Brings options to the foreground to help you manage your files in a quick and easy to use fashion.
• Web Cam: Record yourself for videos and share them with friends.
• New Logon: When your computer is locked or you're logged out this new logon screen gives you useful information without having to logon. Great for tablets!
• New Task Manager: Let's face it, the task manager has been around for ages without having any major changes. Well now it does. With it's simple refreshing interface you can manage your tasks with ease.
• Immersive UI: For those who want to use Windows 8 on the go with your tablet, this new UI conforms to your needs. This UI is made specifically for tablets so there's no hassle trying to deal with small buttons and controls on the desktop UI.
• History Vault: Backup your important data and display backed up files and folders in a time line. You can backup locally or across the network.
• Pattern Logon: For those with tablets or those who are in environments where security isn't the highest priority, this new simpler and quicker logon replaces the tradition text-based password.
• Cloud Features: In today's world the cloud is a major part of our every day computing. From storing files, to running applications, everyday we use the cloud a little bit more. Windows 8 includes features to help you manage your cloud with features such as File Server Resource Manager and Setting Synchronization, Streaming Manager, and Click-to-run applications which allows programs to be ran while the program is still downloading.
• Hybrid Boot: Hybrid boot differs from the traditional boot process in which the computer goes into an advanced hibernated state instead of fully off.
• Portable Workspaces: This feature allows you to run Windows 8 from a USB storage device so you can run Windows from anywhere.
• Push Notifications: Instead of Windows reaching out to the cloud for notifications, notifications will be sent to Windows.
• SmartScreen: In today's world there are viruses and malware everywhere, but with SmartScreen Windows helps your computer from getting malware by blocking suspicious programs from running.
• PDF Reader: PDF files are one of the most used document formats. Windows includes and lightweight and simple PDF reader so you can access them instantly without having to download one beforehand.
• Software DWM: Great if you want the cleanliness and usefulness of Aero Windows on a device, computer, or a virtual computer that isn't compatible with Pixel Shader 2 or has a WDDM driver.
Windows 8 Dev Preview Build 8102 media coming soon.
• Build 7850 x86 (Torrent): http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6314....7850.0.x86-WW
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Name: 6.1.7850.0.winmain_win8m1.100922-1508_x86fre_client-enterprise_en-us.iso
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Size: 2.45 GB (2,637,101,056 bytes)
[tab]•[/tab] ISO MD5: EA2DCFADA6BBA517A0A0649D15E1EB3D
• Build 7955 x86 (Torrent): http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6344...ild_7955.0_x86
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Name: 6.2.7955.0.fbl_srv_wdacxml.110228-1930_x86fre_client-ultimate.iso
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Size: 2.47GB (2,657,079,296 bytes)
[tab]•[/tab] ISO MD5: 40861A02CB14B0D2D7930910DB6CC6E4
• Build 7959 x64 (Torrent): http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6359...x64_build_7959
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Name: 6.2.7959.0.fbl_srv_wdacxml.110307-1930_amd64fre_server-enterprise_en-us.iso
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Size: 2.87GB (3,229,550,592 bytes)
[tab]•[/tab] ISO MD5: 99375D7782027CBF2E70F5D0F8648406
• Build 7989 x64 (Torrent): http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6478...build_7989_x64
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Name: 6.2.7989.0.amd64fre.winmain.110421-1825.iso
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Size: 3.54GB (3,811,213,312 bytes)
[tab]•[/tab] ISO MD5: 5CB7A32FB7A83972081792EC27BA8CCC (BetaArchive ISO MD5: 4480F94C0E11CE58DC9B7330678F07DD)
• Build 8102 x86 (Direct): Download | x64 (Direct): Download | x64 w/ Dev Tools (Direct): Download
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Name: WindowsDeveloperPreview-32bit-English.iso | WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English.iso | WindowsDeveloperPreview-64bit-English-Developer.iso
[tab]•[/tab] ISO Size: 2.8GB | 3.6GB | 4.8GB
[tab]•[/tab] ISO SHA1: 4E0698BBABE01ED27582C9FC16AD21C4422913CC | 79DBF235FD49F5C1C8F8C04E24BDE6E1D04DA1E9 | 6FE9352FB59F6D0789AF35D1001BD4E4E81E42AF
Last Known Build: 220.127.116.1102.winmain_win8m3.110830.1739 (Developer Preview)