For all games with IFAP you need ACE 2. Below are some guides.
Installing ACE for dummies
1. Download Six Updater off my DropBox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19588185/mis...beta_setup.exe
2. Install that bitch
3. Launch it, you'll get a screen that looks like this:
Don't fuck around with it, just let it do its thing. Another window will pop up and that one will close.
Here is the new window:
4. All you have to do is click the green icon above "Install or Update". Clicking that will make a bunch of windows pop up, just leave them alone and it'll install ACE for you.
5. You'll know that it's done when you get the message "Ready! Press Enter to exit" at the bottom of the window. It'll look like this:
6. That's it. Launch CO. You might have to enable/disable stuff in your "extensions" menu. I'm not actually sure if you do or not, but I'll post mine so you can make sure yours is right:
Note that I have a bunch of other mods installed besides ACE. The only ones that you should be checking is @ACE* or @CBA.
Additionally, if there are problems ingame with getting it all working you can launch CO though Six Updater by clicking the "install or update" text and click on "startgame". This will start your game with a bunch of configs already setup iirc.
If there are any other problems just post them.
tl;dr: install, press update, start the game. It's really easy.
Download Six Updater here: http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/do....1.0_setup.exe
Install it and run it. A bunch of windows will pop up, just leave it and let it do it's thing. Eventually you will get this (only with alot of blank spaces):
Set the fields as I have them here:
After that. Click "Execute".
Now it will install EVERYTHING. It'll take a long time so don't try doing it before trying to join a game. After this is all done you will get a message. Exit out of that and start ArmA 2: CO. Go to the Expansions and have all the ACE 2 settings checked and also check CBA (and ONLY CBA not CBAOA or whatever, that'll give you errors).
We also use the Tier One units mod, download that too and enable it.
To install basic mods like these, simply drop the @[mod name] folder into your main ArmA 2 directory. Mine for example is: "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2". ACE automatically gets installed here as well.
Since DominA (the mission we play) can get boring after awhile, make some missions! Playtest them with a few of us and if they're good we'll use them often.
Some good tutorials can be found here for mission making: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/arma-mi...s-pclipse.html
Also use the Arma 2 wiki if you have other questions: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Editing
(User was permabanned for this post ("Trolling on an alt" - Craptasket))