1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,731 Posts

Thread Music

The old thread died so I figured i'd make a fresh start on a new one, heres some copy and paste from the last thread which died

Mount & Blade began life as a small project between a Turkish man - Armagan, and his wife Ipek. It has been in beta for a number of years, and has grown exponentially into it's final release. Mount & Blade is a third person medieval fighter with a unique combat system. You can wield a range of weapons, from swords, to polearms, to bows. In melee the player controls the direction of the hit, to best break a unit's guard and take them down. In ranged the game plays sort of like a shooter, you have a reticle (optional) and the arrows/bolts/thrown weapons drop realistically, all of these can also be done by horseback, so your character has a variety of ways to take out his foes.

As an adventurer in the fictional land of Calradia you are free to take whatever path you wish, ally with one of the five factions and crush your enemies, carve your own empire into Calradia, or even lead a life of pacifism, merely knocking out raiders when necessary and trading goods between towns. It is completely up to you and you are not pushed to do anything. However, the most fun part of the game is of course combat, and you can build up, and personalise your own army to suit your tastes, the only limits to how large it is, is your skills, there is no hard limit in the game. It's very possible to have battles between thousands of troops.

However, as any fan of Mount & Blade will tell you, there is only so much about the game that can be put into text, it is something you really need to experience, fortunately there is a demo, the only restriction in the demo is you can't go past level 6.

Download the demo today!

Even when you have bought the full game, you have not seen the full potential of Mount & Blade. The vanilla game is immensely enjoyable, however, the thing that gives the game it's most replayability and addictiveness are the user created mods. Mods are incredibly easy to make for Mount & Blade and the community has wasted no time in creating many mods for the game, ranging from high fantasy, to Roman Europe, to extensions of the vanilla game.

Mods are largely a subjective choice, so it is best to look through what is available Here.

However there are a few that really help.

Graphical Enhancement - Making the game look up to scratch.
    Battle Size Changer - Allowing the battle size to be increased to up to 1000 men fighting at once, anything more than 200 can make the game prone to crashing however.

There's really no excuse for not trying out the demo of the game, and if you wish to buy it there are two ways to go about it. You can buy it directly from the Mount & Blade store. Or you can buy it via steam, it is cheaper to buy it from the store, at $29.99 or 20.99.

If you're still not convinced about downloading it and try it out, and wish to see some media, here are some screens that I shamelessly found and robbed from the screenshot thread on the taleworlds forum.

What the wiki says
    Mount&Blade is a medieval, single-player, open-ended, action role-playing video game for Windows, developed by the Turkish company TaleWorlds, and published by Paradox Interactive. Its retail version was released on September 16, 2008 in North America, and three days later in Europe. The game originated as an independent project of Armağan Yavuz, founder of TaleWorlds, and his wife, İpek Yavuz. Prior to its retail release, beta versions of the game were published on the developer's website. The game was made available on Steam on November 3, 2008.

Mount&Blade is an action-oriented role-playing game with emphasis on mounted combat. Unlike most other titles of the genre, the game contains no fantasy elements. It does not restrict the player to a certain storyline, but instead presents a sandbox medieval realm named Calradia, in which the player is given the ability to either join one of the five available battling factions, assume the role of an outlaw, or take a neutral side. (You can also become a kingish dictator sort of fellow yourself)

Combat

There are four main areas where battles take place: on the open map when two or more hostile parties meet, in tournaments organized in town arenas, in siege combat where the player is either defending or attacking a fortification, or in settlements after a triggering event (village is infested by bandits, guards catch the player sneaking in, or the player is ambushed). The number of soldiers each party can hold is limited by the "leadership" skill and the renown of the leader. Participants in a battle can be either mounted or on foot. The player has to indicate the direction in which he wants to swing by moving the mouse accordingly. Aiming with a ranged weapon is also done by using the mouse.

Damage is dealt depending on multiple factors. Aside from each weapon's quality, its effectiveness is also influenced by the character's skill with that type of weapon, and the speed of the player relative to the target: for example, a javelin thrown while running or riding a horse will be potentially more damaging than a javelin thrown while standing still. Further, weapons have certain ranges where they are minimally and maximally effective, which gives the different weapon types different playing styles. A spear, for instance, will do minimal damage when used on an enemy very close to the player, where a hammer could cause maximum damage.
    I absolutely love this game, it's really epic and I've been playing warband quite a bit, using mainly Sarranid troops (mamlukes rape).

Warband is a standalone expansion for Mount&Blade, it adds the new faction called the Sarranid Sultanate and the graphics have been heavily upgraded. The player can now marry, create their own kingdom, and give land to their companion who is then able to lead their own army. Calradia has been redesigned and many factions have seen their troops revamped as well as new armour designs and the ability to use throwing weapons in melee, and multiplayer was also added.

I'll add more to the OP later on. (Thanks to Superkill/Jizzler for some of the content)

Links and useful stuff
    List of heroes: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Heroes
    Confusing as shit companion chart:

Wiki: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/...and_Blade_Wiki
    For warband I think everyone should get the Diplomacy mod, it makes managing fiefs much easier
    A mod that makes the game look nicer and includes several mods too: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,148140.0.html

Here's some pictures of warband
    http://games.download.ba/proimg/mount-and-blade-warband.jpghttp://gamerlimit.com/files/2010/04/image4.jpghttp://fronttowardsgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/mount_blade_warband49.jpghttp://www.gumshoedesigns.com/storage/mb4-thumb-640xauto-3989.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Winner Winner x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,881 Posts
    You better not be a man'unter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 28Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    Got this game on steam store sale, it's awesome. Downloaded a big pack of mods on the forums, which fixes up alot of broken stuff and adds a shitload of stuff too. That pack really made the game alot better. But indeed, warband is a great game with a huge amount of replayability.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2009
    1,115 Posts
    I had planed on getting a life over christmas but i got this game instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 50Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,881 Posts
    I'm not sure what the compatibility is like, but I think one of the best mods out there is Prophecy of Pendor. Seriously, check it out. I can't play Vanilla anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    15,847 Posts
    I love this game.
    Also,"battle" is the best MP mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Croatia Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,881 Posts
    I never really liked MP as much, primarily because in my experience I tend to get sniped from a million miles away by some guy's javelin. Archers can be absolutely devastating, particularly if you like placing a melee class like me.

EDIT: Oh yay I used my 1,000th post to make a stupid bitchy comment about Mount&Blade's multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2009
    1,115 Posts
    You might want to add a few more mods its a bit lacking. Like this mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,148140.0.html

It adds a 35 or so of the mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events

9. Post #9
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    You might want to add a few more mods its a bit lacking. Like this mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,148140.0.html

It adds a couple of mods.
    Yeah, that's the one I added just yesterday! It's awesome. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,910 Posts
    I literally just filled the hole in my castle-wall with the dead, god bless mount and blade and its persistent corpses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

11. Post #11
    :()
    August 2009
    2,695 Posts
    This is such a fun game. Got Warband and cannot stop playing, especially the Fullinvasion mod, since I suck at PVP.

I suck at blocking, attacking, and generally playing, but it's so fun. I love the directional combat and blocking system so much.

v - The archers, oh lord. I can't hit anything past a few meters. While playing Full Invasion everyone picks them, then either runs off in fear or dies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2008
    493 Posts
    I only play singleplayer these days because the multiplayer is full of sniping archers and the chat is filled with tears.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,574 Posts
    I accidentally made Swadia own half the map, I think I made them too powerful when I decide to form my own nation (every single Swadian lord loves me, and brutally hates Harlaus.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,657 Posts
    Why aren't there unlimited numbers of corpses anymore in Warband? I really miss watching all these huge amounts of dead soldiers after a hard fight :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,367 Posts
    You can edit the amount of corpses. I forgot what it was but I increased it for my game. Now whenever there's a castle siege it lags like hell because of all the ragdolled bodies. Also from the fact I increased the number of soldiers to like 900 per army or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

16. Post #16
    July 2009
    655 Posts
    Fun fact: There weren't unlimited corpses in the original either, they start dissapearing at around 150.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    4,130 Posts
    I can't find the download to that huge mod. I click on the download link and it takes me to a blank page.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,731 Posts
    I can't find the download to that huge mod. I click on the download link and it takes me to a blank page.
    -snip fuck-
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2420 for the mod pack
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2419 for the music that isnt included

19. Post #19
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    4,130 Posts
    bah. it crashes whenever I enter a battle.

20. Post #20
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    10,350 Posts
    Whenever I try to get into Mount and Blade I just find it really boring. I spent most of my time running back and forth between people asking them to return money they owed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2009
    1,115 Posts
    Did you avoid combat and vassalage? To be honest after i join an army i get bored if there isnt a war on.

i just find the bandits easy to kill and out manuever not to mention all the cavelry i have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,050 Posts
    It's annoying when you're doing quite well and all of a sudden an entire army appears and rapes you, leaving you with no troops and no money
    All the enemies I face seem to be too strong for my recruits to kill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #23
    April 2010
    4,365 Posts
    It's annoying when you're doing quite well and all of a sudden an entire army appears and rapes you, leaving you with no troops and no money
    All the enemies I face seem to be too strong for my recruits to kill
    it really depends where you started. starting as a khergit is much easier than a nord, for instance.

i stopped playing when 1200 vaegers came to my city where i had 300 defenders. ive tried to fight this battle many times, but each time i manage to down like 1000 of them before the 200 overtake me. im at like 104% difficulty too, with normal everything and all. i really didnt want to lose the city so i kinda just stopped. i should play the game again, abandon the city, pull back my troops, stop serving the goddamn khergit king and make my own kingdom.

agree for doing that, disagree for stay and defend anyway, then spend a few weeks in prison
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2007
    604 Posts
    Does anyone know how and if you can take fiefs back from your vassals when your a faction leader?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,652 Posts
    Needs more voice

Edited:

Does anyone know how and if you can take fiefs back from your vassals when your a faction leader?
    I think you go to the fief and click some or other option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    it really depends where you started. starting as a khergit is much easier than a nord, for instance.
    Dunno about that, those steppe bandits can be a pain in the ass.

I always start out as a swadian or something and I go up to Khergit Khanate to recruit soldiers so that I can get a good cavalry army.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

27. Post #27
    March 2007
    604 Posts
    Needs more voice

Edited:

I think you go to the fief and click some or other option.
    Had a look, didn't help.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    17,983 Posts
    Yay new thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

29. Post #29
    April 2009
    1,115 Posts
    Do the native saves work with floris mod pack because it looks like it works untill a bunch of weird shit starts happening anybody know whats going on?

30. Post #30
    June 2010
    1,075 Posts
    Im almost certain native saves dont work on mods if thats what your saying.

Im not even sure native saves show up on mods.

31. Post #31
    April 2009
    1,246 Posts
    Whenever I fight in the melee battles in the Arena, every other fighter swarms me and then knock me out before I can get 2 KOs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    i want to take over one city and then stop attacking anyone and see how long i can keep my micronation alive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,881 Posts
    Whenever I fight in the melee battles in the Arena, every other fighter swarms me and then knock me out before I can get 2 KOs.
    Use Duke Nukem tactics and circle strafe. Skirmishing's the key in Arena brawls; move in, get some hits in, move out. And watch out for fucking archers.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    3,831 Posts
    I've noticed this too. The only thing you can do is backpedal, block and strike when there is an opening.

35. Post #35
    April 2009
    1,246 Posts
    Archers can kill the polearm and two handed weapon users pretty quickly since they can't block arrows.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,811 Posts
    burn and loot village

kill 60 peasants

mount and blade
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,529 Posts
    Almost took Swadia's capital with my 55 troops against their three hundred, them some dick with a crossbow shot me out of nowhere and somehow that made all my troops die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    Almost took Swadia's capital with my 55 troops against their three hundred, them some dick with a crossbow shot me out of nowhere and somehow that made all my troops die.
    I've always hated that. Although I guess losing your leader would reduce morale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Whenever I try to get into Mount and Blade I just find it really boring. I spent most of my time running back and forth between people asking them to return money they owed.
    Grind a bit more.
    Or, if you want to get rid of the whole "grind, do quests for crap rewards, etc" then get Blood&Steel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,111 Posts
    I go around solo killing gangs of looters with a hunting crossbow from horseback. In other cases I use a military scythe and fuck shit up.

I need to know a good way to make money though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)