I like Blood and Steel, but why does it have to remove the training grounds? They were like the most useful thing for trying to train up certain party members quicker.
I didn't even know training grounds did anything beside acting as a tutorial.
I didn't know the LOTR mod finally got released. That is very awesome!
Has anyone tried that Swadian Roleplay server yet? It's only bad once you start out but after a while it's pretty damn awesome.
Warband is on sale on Steam for $12. Don't know if I should wait to see if it's a daily deal or not.
Are there any Russia style mods for Warband?
Something like with the fire and sword factions into warband
Allow me to surge life into this thread by suggesting that you check out this mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/extra-invasion
Its an expansion to the full invasion mod and contains a lot of items from blood and steel mod. Its great fun if you can get a group of people together.
Huh, so I accidentally get killed by friendly fire, and the guy who committed it whined to an admin that I should be kicked for tking. I'm under the impression that that guy whines a lot for stupid stuff since the admin was like "what is it now?" and I wasn't kicked.
It might be because when the admin asked all he said was "Obvsiously".
If you're interested in a good survival mod, take a look at the newly forged mod called Nord Invasion.
You can find a link here: http://www.nordinvasion.com/about.php?ref=3921 - You need to download the mod, and once you join one of their servers, you'll be provided with a four digit code which you'll need to put in on said link. Plus, if you use my link, you'll help me, and in return, I'll help you. It's not all about getting the kills- you also gain XP for standing near fighting, which you can spend in any way you'd like!
- Realtime persistent character between battles.
- Start as a recruit in the swadian army and work your way up.
- Unique Class system allowing you to create hybrid classes, styled to your own gameplay.
- Quests to complete for rare rewards including loot you can't find anywhere else!
- An indepth crafting system, make sure you don't throw away that Nord's helmet
- Great co-operative battles to defend the realm of Swadia.
- A comprehensive stat tracking system, view your carnage in peasants per minute
- Plus much, much more...
Mercenaries is 100x better than cRPG.
[release]1. You _must_ have M&B AND WB. If you don't have M&B get it here --->> http://www.taleworlds.com/download.aspx?type=1 (Don't install yet)
[2. Download Thorgrim's Map Editor 0.9.0, http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=90 (Don't install yet)
3. Create a folder somewhere you can easily access (Like the desktop) Call this folder mb- map edit or something (whatever u like), then create 4 more folders so it's lay out like this
mb - map edit
- wb - comres
- mb - comres
- map editor
- wb backup
4. Now it's time to install your downloads, I put M&B in the same place under 'mb - map edit' and installed the map editor into the 'map editor' folder.
5. Got to your warband module folder 'Mount and Blade Warband/Modules/Native' (or whatever your module is) and copy the three files 'map.txt' 'map_icons.txt' and 'parties.txt' into wb backup folder ( Just in case you mess something up) ...also Don't just drag into the folder, you HavE to 'copy' the files into the folder
6. Go to your Mount&Blade Warband/Common/Res/ folder and copy any file starting with map*.brf to your ' wb - comres ' folder and then do the same with your Mount and Blade/Common/Res/ map*.brf files and copy them into the 'mb - comres' folder.
7. Go to your map editor folder and open the following file : \M&BMapEditor\editorData\settings .cfg and change the 'mbPath=auto' to your warband folder ie
# NOTE: use / NOT \ as a separator or it will not work
8. Finally! yes we are almost there. All you have to do now is copy the contents of the mb -comres folder to your Mount&Blade Warband/Common/Res/ folder and run the editor, if I have told you the correct way you should see the warband map loaded in the editor, if you get a "can not find message" make sure you do not add a '/ or a \' at the end of the path in the system.cfg file under mbpath= ( again ie. mbPath=E:/Mount&Blade Warband )
9. Now the fun part, finish editing, save the map when you press escape and then copy the map.txt , map_icon.txt and parties.txt from the 'Mount&Blade Warband' folder to the 'Mount&Blade Warband/modules/Native' (or your mods) folder.
10. VERY IMPORTANT . before loading Warband again, copy the files from your 'wb - comres' back into 'Mount&Blade Warband/Common/Res/' folder.
11.DONE! Now just make sure edit and cheats are enabled when you load the launcher and start a new game, When the game starts skip the first mission the using ctrl and left mouse go to a spot where you'd like to move a town to or whatever and hold ctrl and press 'E' it'll show you the location on the map =) ...there's so much more you can do with Mount & Blade and Warband, if your new to modding look up info on the module system and go from there, we all started somewhere =P[/release]
Whats some really good mods that are single player, other than Blood and Steel, Native Expansion, Brytenwalda (or whatever it is), or floris modpack.
Paradox Interactive have released a trailer of what looks like an upgraded version of M&B. Should be interesting.
Note that it is an MP only game.
Don't think this one is developed by Taleworlds so its not really an M&B game, though it certainly looks styled like one.
Hopefully M&B:2 has graphics like that, though.. maybe be on the same engine?
Speaking of engine this looks to be the one.. if paradox has licensing the next M&B could be on it (hopefully)
Aw man I wish it was singleplayer.
Hopefully its as moddable as M&B is right now.
Just the sheer thought of having a game with M&B style combat with finishers like the ones in the video and good graphics makes me wet my pants.
Looks like a closed well balanced game to me.
Didn't the war of the roses end by one side fleeing in panick because they thought their own cannons were shooting at them? So much for honour.
What is the best mod for the first Mount And Blade?
I'd say TLD but it's pretty unstable (right now...)
A+ for content quality and effort though. Even though it's crashy and laggy sometimes it's arguably the best M&B mod.
You guys should try Imperium Romanum for Warband, it's great fun