1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts

We're a speed/thrash metal band, we use mainly Megadeth and Metallica as influence but there's also early Anthrax, early Pantera and a bit of Motorhead into it. I'm the rhythm guitar, singer and composer, but the band would be nothing without our drummer, who's got deals with studios so we can record our demos for cheap and our lead guitar, who composes most of the solos.

Here's a video of us playing live with our mascot:

Here's our videoclip:

if you wanna help out the band, you can either like us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Polari...26430340767242

or buy our ep! it's only 5 dollars, and we'll be spending the money on recording, cds & t-shirts: http://polarismetal.bandcamp.com/album/running-away-ep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 28Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    You got a really 80s sound, I've just finished listening to the first song and I can definiatly hear a lot of Megadeth influence in it.
    Something I'm bothered about is a few things though ;

The drums are in my opinion too high in the mix, there's almost no bass at all and the vocals could be higher.
    The drums themselves take up too much of the bass spectrum, what can be done is fixing so that the bass frequency on the bass-guitar is higher, keep the lower end to the bass-guitar and the higher end (of the bass spectrum) to the drums. This will make both the bass-guitar and bass-drum stand out but not clash together.

I got a feeling a lot of this comes from having it on youtube though, you should upload it to bandcamp.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    You got a really 80s sound, I've just finished listening to the first song and I can definiatly hear a lot of Megadeth influence in it.
    Something I'm bothered about is a few things though ;

The drums are in my opinion too high in the mix, there's almost no bass at all and the vocals could be higher.
    The drums themselves take up too much of the bass spectrum, what can be done is fixing so that the bass frequency on the bass-guitar is higher, keep the lower end to the bass-guitar and the higher end (of the bass spectrum) to the drums. This will make both the bass-guitar and bass-drum stand out but not clash together.

I got a feeling a lot of this comes from having it on youtube though, you should upload it to bandcamp.
    thanks for the feedback! i must say that those demos are badly mixed, and we're actually working on the final remixes. we got a nice remix going on for Cold Blooded Justice here.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Cold_Blooded...ce_ver4_MD.mp3

again, thanks for the feedback!

4. Post #4
    November 2009
    6,138 Posts
    Awesome!
    Where are you guys touring? Looking forward to hear these songs once you've got some better mixing on them. :)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    Awesome!
    Where are you guys touring? Looking forward to hear these songs once you've got some better mixing on them. :)
    brazil, since we're brazilian we (were) touring on the city of sao paulo and other cities like sorocaba but atm we're out of gigs, we're looking for festivals to join. the good thing is that a friend of ours is arranging a festival and he might get us as the main band on it! at the moment we're just rehearsing in case a gig opportunity comes by.

6. Post #6
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    Normally all newly created metal bands sound like shit (to my experience), but even if not my preferred genre of music, it's not badly done, singing is good and it's got an actual beat into it.

Nice work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,238 Posts
    woah, this is actually awesome; if you made stuff at studio quality you'd definitely be big

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    woah, this is actually awesome; if you made stuff at studio quality you'd definitely be big
    the main problem is that nowadays, it's impossible to get big in brazil. we need to get out of this shithole if we wanna get famous, or else we'll never see a future outside rockbars and pubs.

Edited:

but thank you for the compliment!

9. Post #9
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,238 Posts
    the main problem is that nowadays, it's impossible to get big in brazil. we need to get out of this shithole if we wanna get famous, or else we'll never see a future outside rockbars and pubs.

Edited:

but thank you for the compliment!
    if you send your music to a few A&Rs in europe i'm sure a few would be interested, alot of drum and bass labels have been taking upcoming artists over from south america and australia over here so i don't see why it wouldnt apply to metal

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    if you send your music to a few A&Rs in europe i'm sure a few would be interested, alot of drum and bass labels have been taking upcoming artists over from south america and australia over here so i don't see why it wouldnt apply to metal
    we've been thinking about doing that, but we're going to finish our debut album first. about 10-11 songs on it, and i think it should be impressive material from an oldschooler point-of-view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Those sounded awesome, I really like the solos on Moshpit and Blame the system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    I still have the old demos on my iPod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,666 Posts
    This is really awesome. Good job guys :buddy:

But the mix is pretty bad, so read up some mixing guides or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    This is really awesome. Good job guys :buddy:

But the mix is pretty bad, so read up some mixing guides or something.
    we don't need mixing guides, our drummer is a professional mixer. the thing is, we just didn't mix them properly for the demos. on the third post i think there's a link to the remixed Cold Blooded Justice, just so you see the difference.

thanks!

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,666 Posts
    we don't need mixing guides, our drummer is a professional mixer. the thing is, we just didn't mix them properly for the demos. on the third post i think there's a link to the remixed Cold Blooded Justice, just so you see the difference.

thanks!
    Oh I see, my bad didn't notice that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2007
    1,610 Posts
    This really does sound great. My only complaint is the vocals in cold blooded justice aren't aggressive enough for my tastes.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    This really does sound great. My only complaint is the vocals in cold blooded justice aren't aggressive enough for my tastes.
    CBJ wasn't exactly made to be agressive, more heroic. it was inspired by "Lone Justice" by Anthrax.

Edited:

we just wanted the album to me something really varied but at the same time really oldschool and just raw thrash/speed metal.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,439 Posts
    Pretty sweet stuff, sounds a lot like Megadeth judging from the first song. The vocals instantly reminded me of mechanix.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    October 2010
    226 Posts
    Those are some pretty cool basslines :buddy:

20. Post #20
    Dosh!

November 2010
    360 Posts
    I don't normally like metal, but this is actually quite good IMO.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,993 Posts
    Awesome, can't wait to see more musics !

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    2,198 Posts
    Sounds delish, can definately hear the references.

23. Post #23
    (Feminazi) (Queen of the Furrys) (Girl Power!) (Massive Faggot) (Queen of the Diva's) (Women's right's activist) (The Classy Lady) (Bigger, Badder, Bronyer)
    March 2010
    1,638 Posts
    I actually sort of like it

24. Post #24
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    vedicardi approved

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    we'll record a new song saturday, just a quick btw

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,671 Posts
    It would be very fitting if you did a cover of Rust in Peace... Polaris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,980 Posts
    Yep, you still rock

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    It would be very fitting if you did a cover of Rust in Peace... Polaris.
    we do on our gigs. and we plan on releasing our cover of it on the actual album.

Edited:

man this new song is fucking awesome, mainly inspired by early metallica and andre matos' first band: viper. this is by far my favorite song from all 10 songs of the album. i can't wait to record this on saturday.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    hey guys, new song. sorry for taking so long, we had some problems and couldn't get a good date to record. this is just the VERY EARLY DEMO, keep that in mind.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Battle_Master_Polaris.rar

Edited:

so yeah you guys are the first to hear it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    Great as usual. I really like the outro solo.

31. Post #31
    September 2008
    1,095 Posts
    You guys are just great. Maybe get some songs together and release an album on BandCamp, hell I'd buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    we'll record next month (hopefully) three more songs and start remixing stuff for our debut album, which should come out 2-3 months from now. we'll also have a bandcamp release so it would be awesome if you guys helped us out by buying our album there for 10 bucks when we release. keep tuned.

i will also post the remixed version of battle master here soon.

33. Post #33
    July 2010
    152 Posts

You made this butterflies dream come true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts

new song
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    4,710 Posts
    Oh man fucking bad ass songs, can't wait to hear the whole album.

36. Post #36
    May 2010
    3,917 Posts
    I think the drums are good the way they are.

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    4,161 Posts
    That sounds badass

38. Post #38
    Brosef Johnson
    December 2008
    6,640 Posts
    Really digging the first song, like others have mentioned I can hear a lot of influenced megadeth in it.

39. Post #39
    February 2011
    2,352 Posts
    Fuck you for having such an awesome band
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,321 Posts
    we're hopefully going to go back to making shows this month, if that happens i'll get some vids here! and thanks for all the feedback, it's awesome to know that you guys like the band!