1. Post #1
    Fabulous Vailglorous Extraordinaire
    February 2007
    10,198 Posts
    [h2]IT IS FINISHED![/h2]

Faceposable, Eyeposable, Fingerposable and a fucking truckload of bodygroups.

[h2]Credits:[/h2]
    :siren: Floater-TWO :siren: - This guy is amazing, he did all of the textures, tinted all of them. That is around 50-60 textures with individual care and dedication, rate him equally as you rate me (if you do)!

Seraphim/Wraithcat - Helped me with some problems I ran into

Urbanator - Testing it and providing the first two pictures in this thread!

[h2]Download:[/h2]

Dropbox:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7856270/Commander%20Shepard.7z

Garrysmod.org:

:siren: [h2]DOWNLOAD FIX HERE PLEASE OKAY[/h2] :siren:

Have fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Winner x 56Funny x 1Zing x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,023 Posts
    From the title, I thought "do we really need another Shepard model?"

Seeing this, yes we do. Awesome job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,166 Posts
    Fucking awesome models. Amazing work Hax and Floater!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Oh God yes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,820 Posts
    This looks excellent!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,487 Posts
    Great job!

And what do you mean by tinted? Were all the textures grayscale? If so, amazing work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2009
    1,579 Posts
    Thank you very much!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

September 2009
    765 Posts
    Most excellent release. Thank you for posting this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    1,338 Posts
    I really like it.
    Thank you =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    7,011 Posts
    I thought it was Jane Shepard? is that just me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2010
    41 Posts

Male Shep's Kestrel arms are bugged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,703 Posts
    Incredible work, all of you. I know how much a pain editing a huge number of textures is, I'm impressed.

I like the .gifs too.    Although I don't think femshep would be too into male shepard.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2009
    193 Posts
    The internet. You've won two of them.

Just, wow. A stellar job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,682 Posts
    i was gonna ask: do we get to choose patterns and colors too?
    then i realised i should be happy with this :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    434 Posts
    Great job!

And what do you mean by tinted? Were all the textures grayscale? If so, amazing work!
    Some of the clothing and armor in Mass Effect comes with template textures that allow you to change the colors and patterns (for example adding stripes on Shep's N7 armor). Its pretty easy in theory, but doing it a gazillion times like Floater Two did in this pack must have been pretty tedious.

Good work you two. :)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,704 Posts
    Great job!

Turning this:

And sometimes this:

Into these:

Tedious, but worth it for the end result. I'm pleased they came out as well as they did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Scruffy Nerfherder
    February 2010
    434 Posts
    These models are great in-game. I found one issue though, and I'm not quite sure if its by design or not. There seems to be something weird about the models' left arm. unlike on the right arm, if you pose the left shoulder, the arm bone below it is constrained and cant be moved or rotated. So for example, the left arm cant be raised over the the head.

edit: Here's what it looks like. Basically the left upper arm and left shoulder bones don't move independently like they do on the right side.
    http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/y...3-02_00001.jpg

18. Post #18
    August 2008
    1,201 Posts
    Dammit Haxxer! I salute you!
    Every release you make, is a bloody good one!
    But this is the best so far. Thank you Haxxer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2007
    10,198 Posts

Male Shep's Kestrel arms are bugged.
    Whoops

I'll get onto that

Edited:

Fix is here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7856270/fix.zip

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,166 Posts
    Haxxer....I officially love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,014 Posts
    Yeah the models look great but are incredibly hard to pose because of the 10000 bones being around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    February 2007
    10,198 Posts
    Yeah the models look great but are incredibly hard to pose because of the 10000 bones being around.
    The maximum on used bones is 32, though

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,487 Posts
    Turning this:

And sometimes this:

Into these:

Tedious, but worth it for the end result. I'm pleased they came out as well as they did.
    That look like a lot of work. Once again, great job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2010
    41 Posts

Bodygroup 3 - 4 has missing textures. Guessing Kestrel arms again. (Happened after applying fix)

25. Post #25
    February 2007
    10,198 Posts

Bodygroup 3 - 4 has missing textures. Guessing Kestrel arms again. (Happened after applying fix)
    Ya, I updated the fix, my bad.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,306 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Panda
    September 2009
    1,002 Posts
    Somebody give that dude 40th Winner! He definitely deserved it!

28. Post #28
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Awesome stuff, gonna have lots of fun with these :) Thanks Haxxer! Although the Female Shepards casual arms are very hard to position without looking silly I've noticed. Tried to fold her arms and then position her shoulders so they're not folding in on themselves (because they dont!) :P The shoulders dont seem to bend either, like when you raise the arm, the shoulder doesnt straighten out.

29. Post #29
    June 2008
    230 Posts
    Oh my god what did you do to default Fem Shepard?

30. Post #30
    February 2007
    10,198 Posts
    Oh my god what did you do to default Fem Shepard?
    There was no 'default femshep' of my knowledge. The face was generated ingame, so I had to work with what I had at the time.

31. Post #31
    April 2010
    41 Posts
    At the risk of being labeled an idiot, I have to ask how do I access all the other bodygroups shown.
    The only thing I can find ingame is a folder in the "Browse" tab, labeled Commander Shepard, that has two different models for both femshep and mshep, plus a helmet.

32. Post #32
    June 2009
    415 Posts
    I may have missed someone pointing this out already but the left arm is somewhat stiff. It doesn't behave like the other arm at all which leads to problems in posing Shepard while holding a rifle of any sorts.

See what I mean? It stays bent this way all the time denying Shepard from aiming down the sights properly.

Unless that's how it's supposed to be for some reason, although it doesn't really help in posing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    I may have missed someone pointing this out already but the left arm is somewhat stiff. It doesn't behave like the other arm at all which leads to problems in posing Shepard while holding a rifle of any sorts.

See what I mean? It stays bent this way all the time denying Shepard from aiming down the sights properly.

Unless that's how it's supposed to be for some reason, although it doesn't really help in posing.
    I said Femshep, but I never actually tried casual maleshep. I have Shepard posed randomly with Tali, and I changed his bodygrouped arms to the DLC pack arms and they hovered above his head a few feet :P But yeah the arms are pretty stiff. The shoulders dont seem to bend.

34. Post #34
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    16,042 Posts
    Nice.

35. Post #35
    February 2007
    10,198 Posts

Ah, yes.

It's the same download link for the fix:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7856270/fix.zip

36. Post #36
    June 2009
    251 Posts
    Can you do femshep with the ponytail?, That's the best haircut

37. Post #37
    All in all, the clock is slow.
    April 2008
    3,003 Posts
    Will enjoy these!

Anyone know how to thumbnail images or something similar?

38. Post #38
    June 2009
    415 Posts
    Okay, I redownloaded the whole pack, to be sure I didn't mess anything up, pasted the fix onto it and the left arm is still stiff. I don't know, maybe it's me doing something wrong but it didn't fix it for me.

Oh and I wasn't clear enough - I posted the pic of the casual Shepard's left arm but the same thing happens for the armoured Shep.

This is as far as the arm goes. The left hand doesn't rotate as freely as the other aswell. He can't even properly hold the rifle.

Fix plox or an explanation on what I'm doing wrong?

39. Post #39
    January 2011
    901 Posts
    Okay, I redownloaded the whole pack, to be sure I didn't mess anything up, pasted the fix onto it and the left arm is still stiff. I don't know, maybe it's me doing something wrong but it didn't fix it for me.

Oh and I wasn't clear enough - I posted the pic of the casual Shepard's left arm but the same thing happens for the armoured Shep.

This is as far as the arm goes. The left hand doesn't rotate as freely as the other aswell. He can't even properly hold the rifle.

Fix plox or an explanation on what I'm doing wrong?
    Did you download the fix he added to the first page? :P Also whats the femshep like for you? I dont think I had a problem with the armoured Shepard at all. It was the casual female that was a little stiff for me.

40. Post #40
    June 2009
    415 Posts
    I did download everything - afterall that's what I said. As for femshep I do believe her left arm is bugged the same way as maleshep's currently for me is.