1. Post #1
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    In the far reaches of the minecraft community, there is a server called 2b2t.net. It’s open for many forums including Facepunch, 4chan, and Something Awful. I decided to head over to it one day to see what it was all about.

This is the spawn. The entire area around 1000 blocks of the spawn feels like a nuclear apocalypse, with ruined buildings, giant craters, and nothing surviving for more than a few days. It’s pretty much a cesspool of griefing and destruction. That’s what I loved about it, however. There was a raw feel of survival. No rules, no admins, full strategy and PvP action.

I joined this server, and some buddies of mine joined on as well, Mattyyy and Coolity. We took refuge underneath this.

We later met with the creator of this “castle” and learned of its history, but for then, we just hid in the expansive mines underneath it. There were thousands of tunnels under it, and led to many areas around the spawn. It was a true set of catacombs.

After a little bit, a thread of mine about this server gained popularity, and many other facepunchers joined in the fun. We eventually had a bustling area simply built around a single staircase.

Eventually, we moved out to a seperate castle due to the lack of space and being too close to the spawn. This castle was an amazing fortress of solitude and happiness. We eventually got a working system of government (for the most part), jobs, and a decent infrastructure of facepunchers. Here’s a picture of a meeting. (I’m the one at the front of the room)

Sadly, all things had to come to an end. Base number two was destroyed by hackers with their hacked in TNT.

We found another base the next day. It was a bustling castle with a wide open courtyard. Some 4channers with hacks shortly destroyed this too.

Facepunchers are persistent, so we moved onto another area. After a brief struggle with two separate bases, we moved into a cave system, led again by me. We made a nice courtyard, fountain, and other fun things. (+1074x, -128z)

This base lasted a while. I moved from it for a bit, and let Icytruth take control of it in place of me. Sadly, it was taken by creepers. Numerous explosions near the entrance flooded it, and creepers were swept in by the water, making it inhabitable. It was lost and forgotten.

Base number 5 (+1090x, +365z) was found completely by accident. After the creeper invasion, I moved elsewhere to find a nice area for a sweet underground base. After digging down a bit, I fell into this:

This base was the best of them all. We inhabited it and changed it to our needs. I’m not exactly sure how the base fell, but I think it was a friendly hacker turning evil after someone hurt him. Not too sure, but it was later inhabited again. Not sure if people still live there. The location was later told over chat by KombatDoctor, and the location compromised. It’s likely being griefed and looted right now.

Eventually, we moved and created base number six. I put Startoad in charge of this one, and he ran it pretty well with the exception of a bit of bickering between him and Dachande. It was named Camp General Discussion, and another camp was made into Camp Creationism Corner. This is when I worked on a secret project, “Project Arsenal”, a mob trap hidden in a desert, made to provide military equipment to our military to ward off hackers and other potental threats.

From here on out, the history gets muddled. There’s multiple bases used to house people from different camps. Life is pretty well, except for two mysterious people in diamond armor that scared us near spawn.

This is a brief history of the Facepunch campain in this server. Tell me if you have pictures or more info! When this is all over (server shutdown, ultimate destruction of facepunchers, total conquering of the entire server), I’ll make a thread about it.
    From the thread in the minecraft section.

[release]2b2t.net
    The entire world has been fried, fractured and fucked. It is a desolate and generally stinky place where few things can survive. People are particularly unhappy getting killed and shat on, getting their houses weeks spent on destroyed, and being hated by other hated faggots.

This is a free for all (no rules) pvp survival server where everything goes, and currently uses /v/ and /b/, something awful, minecraft server list retards and more for its players to create a horrible world (or server if you prefer that) and now I'm adding facepunch to the pool. If you like drama and observing stupid shit, you should pay a visit.[/release]

INTERESTING FACTS

[release]The world is seven months old, with over 8000 players saved, 50-60 people on 24/7, 400 regulars, and the largest distance anyone has walked is 170,000 blocks. It is completely vanilla and unmoderated.[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    Wrong forum, go to Games in Progress

Bad OP anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    Wrong forum, go to Games in Progress

Bad OP anyway.
    Sorry for not adding a picture of a random cliff and having fancy boxes like every other thread in attempt to make the thead itself fancier than the actual server. I'll try to do it later. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Thanks to the mod moving it to the proper place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 16Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    The entire world has been fried, fractured and fucked. It is a desolate and generally stinky place where few things can survive. People are particularly unhappy getting killed and shat on, getting their houses weeks spent on destroyed, and being hated by other hated faggots.

This is a free for all hardcore pvp survival server where everything goes, and currently uses /v/ and /b/ for its players to create a horrible world (or server if you prefer that) and now I'm adding facepunch to the pool.

The current world is one month old and is planned to be kept forever, the server is stable and has been up for 3 months now. It is located in eu, so if you connect from us/aus you might get high ping. It currently has about 15-30 people on 24/7, about 100 regulars, and the current world is pretty large and fucked.

Nothing is spawned and everything has to be worked for, except the odd sign dispenser in spawn. Everyone has the same odds and no one recieves special treatment. There are no gameplay changing mods, just a motd and death messages.

A last thing, I have seen people getting banned for being obnoxious with fly cheats and duping items, I would suggest you to avoid it or do it secretly. Except that there are NO rules.

2b2t.net
    /b/

.... No.

Besides you make it sound like it's completely unmoderated and a hellhole , and encourage breaking the server rules advertising the server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    /b/

.... No.
    Besides you make it sound like it's completely unmoderated and a hellhole , and encourage breaking the server rules advertising the server?
    People need to try. The drama is the next best thing about this, and the best thing people have to discover themselves.

Also no, there are no rules, I'm not the host but whoever it is has banned people for being obnoxious with cheats. Just wanted to warn. Not like anyone like that would stay anway.

6. Post #6
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    Sorry for not adding a picture of a random cliff and having fancy boxes like every other thread in attempt to make the thead itself fancier than the actual server. I'll try to do it later. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Thanks to the mod moving it to the proper place.
    Pics make the whole OP look better, plus you have no details other then 'hardcore PVP, 4chan goes on it'

You're not the owner, but at least make an effort to make it pretty. [release] boxes, pictures, etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    Pics make the whole OP look better, plus you have no details other then 'hardcore PVP, 4chan goes on it'

You're not the owner, but at least make an effort to make it pretty. [release] boxes, pictures, etc
    Yes I'm working on this.

Done.

8. Post #8
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts
    I'm playing on this server right now, every other sign has the N-word or something worse written on it.
    I recommend this server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    Seems like a nice server...

10. Post #10
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    Seems like a nice server...
    It's not. The contents are horrible

11. Post #11
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts
    30 people on. facepunch should check this server out now before it's empty again.

12. Post #12
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    30 people on. facepunch should check this server out now before it's empty again.
    Normal friday/saturday night.

13. Post #13
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts
    earlier today:

14. Post #14
    Head Poster
    April 2009
    1,763 Posts
    Sounds fun.

Edited:

But I bet everyone just uses bows - Something I have never used nor wanted to use.

15. Post #15
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts
    Sounds fun.

Edited:

But I bet everyone just uses bows - Something I have never used nor wanted to use.
    Not that many use bows; actually I'd say the most popular cause of death is by fists or sand

16. Post #16
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    Server and thread doesn't get the attention it deserves. Some pictures of how spawn looks today.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts
    is facepunch a pussy community? can't handle a real server without whitelists and shit, rp faggots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    is facepunch a pussy community? can't handle a real server without whitelists and shit, rp faggots
    Yeah... I'm not even going to try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2006
    103 Posts

20. Post #20
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts

inviting any willing griefers to come visit my town
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts

inviting any willing griefers to come visit my town
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    This is kind of dead. Atleast on here.

23. Post #23
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts

24. Post #24
    February 2006
    103 Posts

Without having a whitelist just to get the thread bumped with requests, heh

25. Post #25
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts

Without having a whitelist just to get the thread bumped with requests, heh

26. Post #26
    October 2010
    10,393 Posts
    The only reason I don't play on servers like this is sincerely the amount of griefing. I don't believe killing, stealing and destorying houses to be griefing, it's when you fucking place random blocks everywhere making everything uneven and making THOSE WITH FUCKING OCD SUFFER FAJDFUSJFINMFKLF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    Tog

April 2010
    24 Posts
    The only reason I don't play on servers like this is sincerely the amount of griefing. I don't believe killing, stealing and destorying houses to be griefing, it's when you fucking place random blocks everywhere making everything uneven and making THOSE WITH FUCKING OCD SUFFER FAJDFUSJFINMFKLF
    Just need to hold that space button down until you're a couple of hundred blocks away from spawn :))))))

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    35 Posts
    I turned some giant swastikas in the sky into crude penises and wrote PEACE in huge letters across a path leading from spawn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    I turned some giant swastikas in the sky into crude penises and wrote PEACE in huge letters across a path leading from spawn.
    That PEACE has been there for over a month. The server is also currently down until bukkit updates.

Interesting facts:
    7649 players have their soul saved.
    The map is 8,6 gb and 7 months old.
    Someone has "walked" 150,000~ blocks.
    Some people decided to find and count ruins(on ground). They counted up to 295 within 30,000 blocks of spawn. (This could be a lie)
    Map needs to be reset soon unless I buy more ram.

30. Post #30
    April 2011
    35 Posts
    That PEACE has been there for over a month.
    I spose you'll just have to take my word for it. I only noticed this thread after I had been on the server about a month ago. I wrote it becasue it is what the server is most not.

31. Post #31
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    I spose you'll just have to take my word for it. I only noticed this thread after I had been on the server about a month ago. I wrote it becasue it is what the server is most not.
    Ah alright. Also server is back up (finally).

32. Post #32
    July 2010
    353 Posts
    What's with the swastikas everywhere? The world looks like shit to be honest.

33. Post #33
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    What's with the swastikas everywhere? The world looks like shit to be honest.
    Those pictures are 3 months old. There were 2 swastikas built by a random person near the spawn, and they are long long gone. Instead of them you now got a post apocalyptic lava covered stone patch.

And yes, the world is shit for atleast 10,000 blocks.

34. Post #34
    April 2011
    489 Posts
    Stop lieing to me there is no fucking coordinates in the OP.

Edited:

bob you faggot, stop lieing about the castle coordinants. I want to be builder chez.

Edited:

im bisousbisous

35. Post #35
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    The server is slowly dying. There are no longer daily 40 players on it. Now, there's hundreds of ruins and abandoned buildings left everywhere. People that join now, instead of forming teams to build stuff, they form teams to rape and pillage.

36. Post #36
    The server is slowly dying. There are no longer daily 40 players on it. Now, there's hundreds of ruins and abandoned buildings left everywhere. People that join now, instead of forming teams to build stuff, they form teams to rape and pillage.
    massive surprise

37. Post #37
    February 2006
    103 Posts
    massive surprise
    It's alive again. 50 on daily. Map ever expanding with ruins. Big part of facepunch playing, and 4chan, a few from somethingawful, minecraft forums and server lists.

Updated OP with cool story from chezhead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2010
    11 Posts
    so, ive been playing on your server for a while, I was wondering if you might mind fixing the protected area of spawn?
    (by fixing i mean make the spawn platform the size of the protected area)
    :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    February 2010
    5,452 Posts
    Hey, I'm in the OP! I'm the Captain Falcon

Anyway hackers make this server annoying rather than fun

40. Post #40

May 2011
    1 Posts
    When the server comes back up, please tell me coords. I've been making solo bases and such where I make a shit ton of wheat, cane, and tree farms. Then after a while I do a create a mob spawner... And then my shit gets griefed as soon as I'm done.

I've been wanting to sort of join a little community on 2b2t, but was always afraid people would fuck up my shit.