1. Post #1
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Post your minecraft mansions/castles n stuff, anything that has no use other than it was fun to build and cool to look at.

This is mine I just finished today. It was made without any cheats whatsoever, in a world where I use no cheats EVERRRR

Opening Garden Lobby, it's kinda cute.

Lava Floor, again no use, but I think it looks cool and I didn't have to use any torches. I coulda checkered it with lava and obsidian, but meh.

Balcony, goes all around the mansion on this floor, I have the lantern on each corner to light it up.

Midway Loby, looks stony compared to the rest of the building.

Bedroom. I know there are beds now, but this looks cooler and more mansion like.

Outside view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 29Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2011
    93 Posts
    Not gonna lie, that looks terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 55Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    ?
    January 2006
    5,165 Posts
    That looks way too small to be a mansion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Not gonna lie, that looks terrible.
    I agree.

A mansion, manson or manor is a very large dwelling house. U.S. realtors define a mansion as a dwelling of over 8,000 square feet. A traditional European mansion was defined as a house which contained a ballroom and tens of bedrooms. Today, however, there is no formal definition beyond being a large and well-appointed house.
    Your "Mansion" isn't even close to being any of these. It looks like all you did was stack blocks straight up, add some floors, a plain "balcony" and called it a mansion.

5. Post #5
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,639 Posts
    This one is a work in progress, courtesy of myself and Daijitsu. :buddy:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 33Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,793 Posts

It looks more like Ganondorf's castle.

I like it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

7. Post #7
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,639 Posts
    It looks more like Ganondorf's castle.

I like it though.
    I didn't even think of that.

We were going for an Icecrown Citadel kind of look.

But with lava.

You can climb all the way to the top of it. It also has a sleeping area, kitchen (if you flip a switch, a dispenser gives you cooked bacon), test area, transit station and dungeon.

8. Post #8
    May 2010
    3,930 Posts
    Ganondorf's castle and ICC are the same things really, same concept

9. Post #9
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,639 Posts
    Ganondorf's castle and ICC are the same things really, same concept
    Yeah, I'm aware of that.

I just wasn't thinking about Ganondorf when we built it.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,239 Posts
    -snip- I guess it doesn't count as a mansion :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    I made this one in the server I admin for.

It will also have a large rock garden on the outside
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    the boringass wood one from last month is the only one i built

http://i.imgur.com/PgVuT.png
    i gave it windows before my world exploded and everything was lost
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,807 Posts

Not really a mansion, but I want an excuse to post this picture as many times as possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14Friendly Friendly x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts

Not really a mansion, but I want an excuse to post this picture as many times as possible.
    That has a nice design. The colors work well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts

Take another picture and save it as a PNG, otherwise it's not bad!

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,807 Posts
    Take another picture and save it as a PNG, otherwise it's not bad!
    It was a png, the site I uploaded it to auto-converted it to jpg.
    Besides, the artifacts aren't that bad in the pic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    17,767 Posts
    we already have a post your shit thread

is this really necessary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member

July 2007
    3,306 Posts
    no one cares inacio

Great mansion Cuon, though the reed is a little distracting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2009
    920 Posts
    I just started working on one but it's going to be a while.

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    I didn't even think of that.

We were going for an Icecrown Citadel kind of look.

But with lava.

You can climb all the way to the top of it. It also has a sleeping area, kitchen (if you flip a switch, a dispenser gives you cooked bacon), test area, transit station and dungeon.
    Speaking of WoW Structures, someone should get a server hosted where we make full scale WoW cities(Stormwind, Org, Undercity, etc.) and some instance structures(ICC, Black Temple, etc.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Speaking of WoW Structures, someone should get a server hosted where we make full scale WoW cities(Stormwind, Org, Undercity, etc.) and some instance structures(ICC, Black Temple, etc.)
    Tell you what, if you can make a good Valley of Heroes, I'll host a server.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,141 Posts
    Come to think of it, I've never had a major solo building project, I've always ended up just making enough for a house, or enough to get a foothold in, then all I did was either explore or farm until I made a new save.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,618 Posts

Looks like Sauron's tower from lord of the rings.

You should add Sauron's eye at the top, made from glowstone and lava.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,553 Posts
    It was a png, the site I uploaded it to auto-converted it to jpg.
    Besides, the artifacts aren't that bad in the pic.
    Low quality JPEG is like a plague to pictures

edit;

although yeah you're right theres no bad artifacts, for some reason images were being all compressed on my end and now it looks a whole lot better for some reason

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    Heres my Port Sephia Mansions

Sorry I can't get newer photos on here, I use my android phone for tethering on AT&Ts shit network, uploading large images is a pain in the ass when it keeps dropping the connection every 30kB in.

North Bay Mansion

Its the bottom windows from the center right to the bottom right.

Contains 3 bedrooms, 2 switch rooms, 1 boat dock, a large foundry (52 ovens, oh yeah, I do use them all), 2 large storage rooms/banks, a ballroom and a grand hallway (Viewable from the right).
    Wish i had better pictures here...

Now thats the newest mansion, built on the newest part of the teraformed terrain. Now, this city is huge. takes a few minutes to get end to end. Since i just build a shell around the terrain with rock, this mansion has many access corridors (the reason for all these dumb switch rooms).

the 2nd mansion

This skyscraper was my 2nd mansion built on the western bay. This served as my home for many months while building this city. Just has an oven, a chest and a craft table. No bed since beds weren't invented then. The bottom of the tower has my larger storage room and direct access to the train system that lead straight to my floating fortresses.

The first mansion

This is the initial landing back in november of 2010. Right below the cursor is my former foundry, to the left was my home. The structure with all the windows is the store. The right, is the gate room. The first thing that was built, and rebuilt. Fuck you fire.

Edited:

This is just partial of my castle, also known as the floating fortresses. This is pretty much the bottom part, of the western tower.
    you can view it all here and here (for the final product).
    note: the final product isn't really final. I added a water skyway and a boathouse on the other end. Not pictured. fuck you 3g connection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2011
    416 Posts
    my space/material efficient "mansion"

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    362 Posts
    It's a work in progress but:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,639 Posts
    Looks like Sauron's tower from lord of the rings.

You should add Sauron's eye at the top, made from glowstone and lava.
    Right now we have a 3x3 block of burning Netherstone up there (you can almost kinda' see it). The tower works great for finding your way back from exploration.

29. Post #29
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    My mansion I'm working on, I'm making a series detailing it aswell:

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/107...ng-the-project.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2008
    350 Posts
    I watched those videos, that's awesome... what are you going to do about your neighbours though

31. Post #31
    An airbag saved my life
    February 2007
    2,121 Posts
    Well I got their permission and Profan was going to move them, then he forgot :P.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    Hey Drax, I just PM'd you.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    9,055 Posts
    Pfft, real men carve their fortresses into mountains.

And as for what's inside. Media'ing it since it's just the same thing with text.
    http://i.imgur.com/Z7WMu.png

34. Post #34
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,621 Posts
    nothing special but it looks good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)