1. Post #1
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    Hokay, so as all of you hardcore nintendo fans may know, the 3ds is being released the sunday (3/27) for the United states. :D that means Ocarina of Time in 3d. I WANT DIBS.
    So as some others may also know, there is a promotion for trading in a previous ds console. (as always)
    I have one question and a concern about this.

1. I have a ds lite and a nintendo dsi, will i be able to trade in both for a total of $125 credit? (i tried calling GS but the lines were busy or possibly they just hate me) (as always) -__________-
    link to the promotion
    http://www.gamestop.com/3ds

2. I have all of the components to my dsi. including box manuals charger and serial code.
    however, all i have for my ds lite is my charger and i dont have the serial code D:
    Do I even need the serial code? i have never sold a ds to gamestop before but i have heard that the serial code was required. :/

getting to the point:
    i was wondering if anyone was willing to donate their serial code to me :)
    just in case any of you have a broken ds or a ds you dont want to sell.
    in exchange for a pat on the back.
    i'm not even sure if this is possible or not (maybe if the code isn't registered?)
    BTW if anyone wishes to buy this ds of me (just wonderin) contact me at mah email: rubiksgenius64@yahoo.com
    yea thats right, i can solve a Rubiks cube. but i made that when i was 8 so don;t hate. (dats a rhyme)

Getting to the REAL point:
    if any has a serial code to offer please send me a pic to my email. i will write down the number and bring it to Gamestop and try to explain how i lost the original serial code but thankfully, i wrote it down when i bought it. (Sneaky, like a fox)
    again, i'm not even sure this will work.
    maybe i can even do a Photoshop + lamination + glue! :O

I apologize in advance for my terrible grammar + speling. and my Obnoxious attitude and short attention span.
    I am also new to facepuch and pretty much forums in general.

Thank you.

P.S. remember, this is the one chance i have towards playing Ocarina of time in 3D on release! Help a guy out! :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Friendly Friendly x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    SUPER SWELL FELLOW
    May 2006
    2,312 Posts
    You can make more if you sell it on ebay. Gamestop is notorious for screwing you. I bet you can get 60ish for the ds lite, and 100 for the dsi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 48 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    884 Posts
    What is the serial code?

Also i doubt it i traded consoles to shops before by just giving the console over no box or nothing

4. Post #4
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    Have you seen eBay? there are literally thousands of listings for ds lites, and 95% of them are taken off because no one will buy them. my chances of it being sold is 1/1,000,000. and for at least 50? forget it.
    someone can easily buy the one right below mine that has the buy it now price of 30.
    Im not saying it cant be done, but at this point it would have to be a miracle.

and the serial code is the 16? (i think) digit code on the back of the ds. it has 2 letters followed by numbers (for the ds lite the letters are UG) its a sticker so it really has no resistance to the elements of a gamers front pocket. it can also be located on the box, if you still have it.

5. Post #5
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,653 Posts
    They'll just give you in-store credit. Trade it for something else on Craigslist.

6. Post #6
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    In-store credit isnt a problem, being that i am buying a 3ds that same day.
    And trust me if i could sell it anywhere else i would, but im on a time crunch and i cant take it to anywhere else that will give me instant credit.

7. Post #7
    March 2011
    93 Posts
    You know Orcarina isn't going to be a launch title, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    You know Orcarina isn't going to be a launch title, right?
    Oh? it appears my sources are incorrect... Nevertheless, the promotion only lasts a week and i wish to partake in it asap.
    And i best be ready to rescue zelda on midnight release. ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2010
    572 Posts
    or you can go to gamestop directly and ask
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    December 2009
    6,575 Posts
    I don't get why people trade in or sell their handhelds and consoles..

It's like selling your memories. What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2011
    102 Posts

no, the 3ds is backwards compatible with all ds games, not to mention the library of virtual console games avaliable.

I see it more as 'Re-living' those memories.
    besides id rather sell it now for 50 bucks than end up throwing it away for nothing when i move out or grow tired of video games (<--false)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts

ummm

to buy new consoles and handhelds to have even more fun?

13. Post #13
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    14,188 Posts
    Gamestop
    There's your problem right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,558 Posts

I know, I have the exact same feeling. I still have my GBC hanging around in my house with Pokemon Gold. Shits nostalgic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    November 2009
    214 Posts
    Working for a gamestore, I can inform you that it's kind of common for us not to accept any consoles/handhelds which do not have a serial number. Sorry, dude. Could try pawning it.

16. Post #16
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    or you can go to gamestop directly and ask
    i wont lie, nor shall i need to, but I have a very bust schedule. and i dont have a car, im 15.
    videogames are a pastime for me, i have a life (no insult intended). and my parents are separated and dont like driving me around, the nearest gamestop is 40 minutes away. so its usually a rarity if i go at all.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,099 Posts
    Sorry dude, but Gamestop is shit. You have better luck with somewhere else like eBay or Craigslist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,314 Posts
    someone can easily buy the one right below mine that has the buy it now price of 30.
    I bet you can get 60ish for the ds lite, and 100 for the dsi.
    Buy some on ebay, sell them in the store. Make tons of money?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,341 Posts
    Gamestop will fuck you like a bitch.

20. Post #20
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    Buy some on ebay, sell them in the store. Make tons of money?
    Kudos, will try but I may only recieve a $5 profit per console, with shipping and everything.
    still worth it though
    I want to shake your hand.

21. Post #21
    January 2011
    25 Posts
    Take it from me first hand, you don't want too trade in any form of console to a store.

I was desperate for rent a few months ago and was a bit short on cash, had to trade in my xbox, which I really, really didn't want too do. Got 60 for it and 5 games, but I had too do it.

Now I can't do much at night without a TV license. Ebay would give you alot more I bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    Gamestop will fuck you like a bitch.
    didnt i mention it was a promotion?
    and if you have any other place for me to sell it for $50 dollars or more in less than 5 days, then fire.

Edited:

actually having second thoughts... i looked on ebay again and it appeared that ds lite are in more demand, and for more than 50 bucks... but that still leaves the time shortage. :L

23. Post #23
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,932 Posts
    You need the original Serial Code for your DS to trade it into Gamestop, and the serial is a barcode, so yeah, you can't trade it in.

24. Post #24
    August 2009
    859 Posts
    If its anything like England they will just rip you off, I either recommend selling it to a friend/family member or getting it sold in a non-gaming shop.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,074 Posts
    i thought the serial code is on the back of the ds? or am i wrong all together.

26. Post #26
    March 2011
    102 Posts
    Might just scrap the idea all together... anyway, thanks for your support! :)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,409 Posts
    The promotion says you can only get credit for one DS

28. Post #28
    January 2010
    2,708 Posts

I miss my ps1... And half of the games that went with it. Damn the folly of a prepubescent boy!

After a quick search, the serial number should be on the back.

29. Post #29
    November 2010
    1,930 Posts
    Man, I still have (and play) my initial launch DS. That shit is a brick, in more ways in one I might add.

However, I'm going to have to upgrade soon. The poor thing is tethered on life support, battery only lasts bout half an hour, so it isn't really portable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,328 Posts
    You need the original Serial Code for your DS to trade it into Gamestop, and the serial is a barcode, so yeah, you can't trade it in.
    Is that so? Never knew that. The Serial Number tag thing on my original DS is all sorts of fucked up so I guess it can't go that wretched place.

Edited:

Man, I still have (and play) my initial launch DS. That shit is a brick, in more ways in one I might add.

However, I'm going to have to upgrade soon. The poor thing is tethered on life support, battery only lasts bout half an hour, so it isn't really portable.
    I'm surprised I still get as many hours as I do from the battery of my launch DS. I'll be getting a 3DS on Sunday though. Then I can transfer my Pokemon without the aid of a friends DS!

31. Post #31
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,308 Posts
    NEVER trade in at Gamestop. I gave them Rainbow Six Vegas 1, and you know what they offered me?

7 Cents.

SEVEN

CENTS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    PLAY IT LOUD!!!
    February 2010
    2,875 Posts
    NEVER trade in at Gamestop. I gave them Rainbow Six Vegas 1, and you know what they offered me?

7 Cents.

SEVEN

CENTS
    My bro got $12 for 6 xbox games there. lol

33. Post #33
    November 2009
    214 Posts

7 Cents.

SEVEN

CENTS
    They're a bunch of crooks.
    One guy brought in his Ps3 slim and said they had offered him $70 for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    3,989 Posts
    Craigslist, bro. Craigslist.

So much easier.

35. Post #35
    Mentally incapable of sticking to one avatar
    January 2007
    5,711 Posts
    Mention it to your friends, sell it for a little more than you would trade it in for and you earn bro points and more money without twice the hassle.

36. Post #36
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,932 Posts

7 Cents.

SEVEN

CENTS
    Yeah bro when i worked at gamestop I HATED ripping people off!

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    928 Posts
    Reminds me of when I was trying to hand in my PS2 games, all my titles (12 games) were worth 20. I ended up keeping them after that.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    3,474 Posts
    Sell them to your friends, at $10 higher than gamestop would give you or something. That's what I always do.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,892 Posts

Because it's just a product, it's not like if I sell my ds I'll suddenly have no recollection of the games I've played.

40. Post #40
    September 2010
    1,624 Posts
    but i made that when i was 8 so don;t hate. (dats a rhyme)
    Since when 'was' is a future tense?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)