The goal of this gamemode is to update (possibly continuously) TacoScript 1 up to current script standards, while keeping the TS1 feel, and to distribute it to have more options for a standard server than whatever Conna's current script is. I started doing this project September 21, 2010 and it's still a work in progress - but I've made a lot of work. TS1 has been refreshed, and for many features, entirely gutted and retooled.
In fact, for the changelog, I could go through the entire script, but that would take quite a few hours to do. Instead, I'll give you the general stuff as I skim through the script (probably should have made a changelog to start).
Incredibly brief changelog from the garrysmod.org TacoScript:
I honestly suprised myself with how fast I was able to get it to run. For example, you may be used to a 5-10 second character selection process in the current TS - mine takes <2 seconds.
- Fixed any and all bugs
- Fixed all inventory problems
- Fixed all weapon problems
- Predigimous lag reduction (new usermessage systems, replacement of NWvars etc). Ping went from 150 on default to 50 on this on my test server.
- Up-to-date module support
- Door (and mapdata) system entirely redone, mapdata included for 14 common maps
- Sound lists for, not only the CP - but for HL music and overwatch (city voice)
- Removed backdoors
- Removed unnecessary or deprecated code (armor hack, observe as variable)
- Redone combine/overwatch flags
- Only has about 15 mb of default models - it's up to you how much you add (keep it tasteful)
- Couple dumb admin/concommands removed, a couple non-dumb commands added
- Admin-controlled HL2 npcs (attack heli, gunship)
- The standard stuff like "Typing..."
- Quiz has 'tutorial' which gives all the answers if the player reads it
- Fixed as many exploits as I could find
- Removed some unnecessary delays
- Removed unused or silly things like headbob
- Some trivial but fun things like Christmas Mod being enabled on christmas automatically
- Easier MySQL script-side setup
- Modules: gatekeeper, rcon, mysqloo - IP or steamid private testing/blacklist, rcon disable, and mysql interaction respectively
- Lots of animations
- 15 animation tables prepared, for each (feasibly used) HL2 model + some TnB models and misc models I've found
- Some animation goodies - ie, if you're a cscanner, your tail will bob up and down and the wheel will rotate and whatnot, you can set your model to a strider and have your head out of the ground etc
- Predicted gestures for firing, reloading etc weapons (looks awesome man)
- Weapons are automatically parsed as items - no need for items of weapons
- Weapons: Cleaned up, better ironsights, some retooling, working on system to properly hold hexed CS:S weapons for you donator mongers out there, as well as things like suitcase
- Added door and keypad stools but integrated into TS and exploit-proofed
- Realtime MySQL donation system up and running
- HL2 hands (pickup and throw small things)
Example mapdata file:
- Must start with "2" as the first line of the file
- Backwards compatible but you have to add "1" to the top
0 - buyable
1 - combine buyable (for lockers etc)
2 - unownable
3 - combine lockable (i.e. nexus doors, prison cell doors etc)
7 - combine big doors (the large, normally unopenable doors)
988.0000 -3991.0000 718.2500 "Entrance" 0 35
824.0000 -3524.0000 728.0000 "Side Entrance" 0 35
743.0000 -3725.0000 718.2500 "Backroom" 2
- X Y Z Name State Price
- Price is optional if state is unownable or the like
- BEGINBUILDING can be replaced with BEGINUNOWNBUILDING (all doorstates are 2, all prices are nonexistant) or BEGINCOMBINEBUILDING (all doorstates 7, prices nonexistant)
- If you buy a door inside a building, you then own every door in the entire building.
3031.9063 -2735.0000 814.7188 "Hallway"
3031.9063 -2641.0000 814.7188 "Hallway"
2154.0625 -2734.7188 814.2500 "Hallway"
2154.0625 -2640.7188 814.2500 "Hallway"
BEGINBUILDING "Foto Shack"
-560.0450 -1476.0100 726.0000 "Entrance" 0 35
-791.0000 -1145.0000 726.2810 "Storage" 2
As for screenshots, just picture default TacoScript HUD etc. It's identical. Most of these modifications are internal or minutely visible, screenshots aren't worth it.
Flags can be combined with each other. For example you can have combine flags "EF" which will allow you to both be a CP Elite and able to set flags, or player flags "NXV" which will let you be a salesman black market vortigaunt.
A - Recruit - /cp
B - CP - /cp
C - OW - /ow
D - OW Shotgunner - /ow
E - Can set flags
F - CP Elite - /cp
G - CP Control - /cp
H - Combine Control - /cp
I - OW Elite - /ce
X - City Scanner - /cscanner
Y - Shield Scanner - /cscanner
Z - Advisor - /advisor
N - Can sell newspaper
S - Stalker
V - Vortigaunt
W - Vortigaunt Slave
X - Black Market
- Place contents in garrysmod
- Set up mysql server according to the provided .sql file
- Get the lua binary modules installed properly according to the readme
- Edit the config files in data/TacoScript/
- Load up in gmod!