1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts

Description
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

THIS MAP IS OUTDATED PLEASE START USING v4b1. I am not supporting this version anymore. See link below for new version.

http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1296119
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Mapping King x 106Dumb x 7Friendly x 5Winner x 4Funny x 3Artistic x 3Zing x 2Agree x 2Disagree x 1Late x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2010
    1,847 Posts
    Another great map from Sgt.Sgt, awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts
    Neat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    Fantastic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2011
    90 Posts
    Sounds like a good map... Let's just hope there's not a leak or bug this time that will either a) crash your game b) fuck up the graphics on your garry's mod

But I will download this and check out the whole map. Sounds fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts
    Sounds like a good map... Let's just hope there's not a leak or bug this time that will either a) crash your game b) fuck up the graphics on your garry's mod

But I will download this and check out the whole map. Sounds fun.
    All the EvoCity maps have worked for me flawlessly :confused:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2010
    117 Posts
    Very nice release sgt, So will this be the last thing from you ?

And why didn't you upload everything to the map ? Like props and materials `?

It's kinda impossible to get the contet from the vmf. The new stuff you added.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    Very nice release sgt, So will this be the last thing from you ?

And why didn't you upload everything to the map ? Like props and materials `?

It's kinda impossible to get the contet from the vmf. The new stuff you added.
    The content is in the bsp but not in the vmf. Use VIDE to get the models and stuff :). Also about releases probably not but I wanted everyone to have the vmf so they could make what changes they wanted or say how shitty my brushwork is etc etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2010
    117 Posts
    The content is in the bsp but not in the vmf. Use VIDE to get the models and stuff :). Also about releases probably not but I wanted everyone to have the vmf so they could make what changes they wanted or say how shitty my brushwork is etc etc.
    Yea i know but the new stuff there is in the vmf files at nexus, and some of the props in the cloth store ? (I need the materials to the props in the cloth store and the materials and props in nexus)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    Thanks for the link and the donation :).

Also my listen server is up randomly at this ip if anyone wants to join. 50.89.25.32:27015
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    58 Posts
    Omg, this is epic. One massive thing I like about it, is how it is designed abit more like v2d again whilst still having all of the awesome features from x17 (if thats how it is spelt).

It looks fucking amazing, it isn't a complex area and although it is big. Unlike a lot of other huge gmod maps, it maintains a lot of very different enviornments throughout the area. Each building has a different design to it. If I had to give it one small negative review it would be that I find some of the doors to close together, but other then that you have outdone yourself again Sickness!!

14. Post #14
    January 2010
    451 Posts
    Is there a reason why 90% of your maps have terrible lighting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts
    engine limits, perhaps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    Missing materials

:.(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2010
    117 Posts
    I got That material.. I can give it to you if you want it.

18. Post #18
    I will take every opportunity to remind you that I'm not gay
    Dennab
    January 2010
    6,098 Posts
    Okay, so I tried it. Every non-HL2 door is gone, I spawn in the ground, and there are missing textures in the clothing store (but that's probably because L4D2 is refusing to cooperate).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    not just that, also furniture in various stores and houses
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    March 2010
    117 Posts
    not just that, also furniture in various stores and houses
    did you use GCFScape ?

21. Post #21
    September 2008
    550 Posts
    Apparently my sea horses in the club look like that.

22. Post #22
    July 2008
    346 Posts
    Can someone pack and wrap all the materials and/or models including for the shutters on those bungalows near the lake so people can use this map "texture free"

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    Okay, so I tried it. Every non-HL2 door is gone, I spawn in the ground, and there are missing textures in the clothing store (but that's probably because L4D2 is refusing to cooperate).
    You have the wrong version. You have to download the one from the VERY FIRST POST! If you got this map off toybox it doesn't work. Some tard decided to upload it and now it won't let me upload my working version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    You have the wrong version. You have to download the one from the VERY FIRST POST! If you got this map off toybox it doesn't work. Some tard decided to upload it and now it won't let me upload my working version.
    Report it to garry then and upload your version :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #25
    June 2009
    16 Posts
    I hope you know how awesome you are Sgt.Sgt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2009
    393 Posts
    need ep1/ep2 ?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    need ep1/ep2 ?
    Yeah for a few models and textures unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    March 2010
    117 Posts
    I think he does:

Sgt : I map for Garrys Mod, you all suck. And yes I am the main mapper of evocity 1 and 2. No you can not be on my friends list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    I think he does:

Sgt : I map for Garrys Mod, you all suck. And yes I am the main mapper of evocity 1 and 2. No you can not be on my friends list.
    Whats wrong? Don't like blunt to the point statements with mixed in sarcasm? Sarcasm bold-ed.

Edited:

I'm not. Thanks for the compliment though.

Edited:

Apparently my sea horses in the club look like that.
    They should be on my svn which I forgot to add. It's in models-releases-SicknessModel on the forum though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    September 2009
    87 Posts
    Ahem, http://ahndb.com/store/index.php?rou...&product_id=50

Some dick is selling your work Sgt. :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    I will take every opportunity to remind you that I'm not gay
    Dennab
    January 2010
    6,098 Posts
    You have to download the one from the VERY FIRST POST!
    Unfortunately, that's the one I downloaded.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    294 Posts
    The areaportals don't seem to be functioning properly. a tunnel or door won't render anything behind it until I crossed it. Is this normal?

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    The areaportals don't seem to be functioning properly. a tunnel or door won't render anything behind it until I crossed it. Is this normal?
    It's because it was made for Voltage Gaming, and they have the serverside portion of it.

34. Post #34
    Hello little homies! I'm Belgian and French! You jelly?
    February 2007
    451 Posts
    When the v68xyz is out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    266 Posts
    You are a great man.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts
    When the v68xyz is out?
    Next week. Valve time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 5Informative x 2Agree x 1Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

May 2011
    1 Posts
    I downloaded this map, and the stores have the "missing textures" error thing, the purple and black texture.

I have Episode 2, though, and CS:S, etc.

38. Post #38
    January 2010
    1,135 Posts
    Anyone have a top-down overview of the map?

39. Post #39
    April 2010
    1,847 Posts
    I downloaded this map, and the stores have the "missing textures" error thing, the purple and black texture.

You need ep.1

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,584 Posts

They are L4D2 textures. When I eventually get 5 minutes of free time I will upload them after I find them.