1. Post #1
    May 2010
    884 Posts
    If I for example was working on a cube and wanted to make it a box. Is it possible to use a smaller clone to cut/subtract from the larger cube with the smaller? Again I am using 3ds max 2012

Image of what I want to do:

2. Post #2
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,476 Posts
    Look into booleans. That should get you what you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2010
    884 Posts
    Look into booleans. That should get you what you want.
    Thank you so very much! Worked perfectly.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,397 Posts
    You can do that without boolean, that's much cleaner and better then boolean.

You just need to do some insetting on the cube and extruding.

5. Post #5
    May 2010
    884 Posts
    You can do that without boolean, that's much cleaner and better then boolean.

You just need to do some insetting on the cube and extruding.
    Hmm, i will look into that as boolean was indeed a bit "messy". Thanks!

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,348 Posts
    Boolean creates so much mess that it's almost not worth using because you spend so much time cleaning up afterwards, you can achieve what you want by using connects and extrudes.

7. Post #7
    May 2010
    884 Posts
    Okay don't want to make a new thread yet so ill hope someone will answer here.

Ive made a backpack, which will have a tube (with bones) that leads to a weapon, once that is done i want to make it a world model for a weapon in for example portal 2. Do i need to find a working .smd importer for that to happen or can it be done withing the SDK and with a .smd exporter?