1. Post #1
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts

well, i felt like going ahead with my own madness interactive series
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    Lol, looks better than mine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 15Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    Lol, looks better than mine.
    LIIIES!!! D:

yours is amazing, i made this because i loved yours so much!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    LIIIES!!! D:

yours is amazing, i made this because i loved yours so much!
    Thanks! And I'm saying it looks better because it does. :3

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,062 Posts
    Yell at the wall and remove that stupid face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    SUPER DUPER
    March 2008
    7,426 Posts
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here come the even shittier rip-offs
    Bye-bye mspaint section
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    Bye.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand here come the even shittier rip-offs
    Bye-bye mspaint section
    define rip-off

as this is a completely different series, using completely different sprites, having a completely different story, and mechanics modified from a popular table top game, using a game manual the i spent hours making...

and as madness was created by krinkles, any other madness themed creations would be a "rip off" when taken into a critical eye, and there have been a huge number of amazing works done using madness, so please, before you start flinging the criticism, check your facts.

Edited:

hey look, its an update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,062 Posts
    It's funny how you're not going off of 'interactive' nobody told you to have him do that. This is already going to be bad if you don't stick to the interactive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    It's funny how you're not going off of 'interactive' nobody told you to have him do that. This is already going to be bad if you don't stick to the interactive.
    it's funny how you failed to notice that it was your comment i based the update off, now please dont post any more non constructive comments

Edited:

And for future reference, as to why I didn't follow the request to the letter,
    1) the charachter is severly hung over, I thought I spelled it out with the beer cans and the text, but apparently not, and he is in no state to be punching walls.
    2) your request was sortov stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 12Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,875 Posts
    Grab a rum bottle and smash it to make a knife.

12. Post #12
    May 2010
    1,917 Posts
    after you make a knife, cut the skin on your arm off to make a kite and get the fuck out of there.

on second thought, eat the pain pills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    I've made the requests, and after I get off this damn bus il update it

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,875 Posts
    Why would you randomly eat your pain pills?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts

as to cis.joshb's question of why, it's to cure the hangover, and also, and if you notice the picture, consumeable items will have a number of "doses" basically, the number of times you can use it before it runs out, as to the effects of painkillers, they cure hangovers, and downgrade one point of damage

Edited:

also, little bit of extra information, one of the best cures for hangovers is energy drinks and painkillers... though your liver would hate you

16. Post #16
    March 2011
    1,219 Posts
    I'm sad because the Madness thread has attracted a collosal amount of retards to the MS paint boards, no offense to Rovar - the interactive itself is great, it's just attracting the wrong crowd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,888 Posts
    Try to dismantle the table to use the top side for a shield.
    If you can't, then try to quietly walk towards the noise, but try not to be noticed.

18. Post #18
    August 2010
    1,569 Posts
    Look out the window.

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    585 Posts
    guys, stop hating. this actually looks pretty good. It has a awesome layout, good art, and a good beginning. and if you will stop for a moment and realize that YOU HAVENT MADE ANY LOGICAL POSTS you will see why he hasn't been updating to the letter.
    ok I agree with Smooth Jazz, look out the window to see if you can see what is going on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts

and @ragamuffin, i do hope your not calling me a retard, because that would be rude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    July 2008
    1,340 Posts
    I'm lovin' it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    I'm lovin' it!
    why thank you, it's good to know some people like it.

23. Post #23
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    I love it.

I think. It has. Potential. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    I love it.

I think. It has. Potential. :3
    why thank you! :3

i have about 3 completely different stories in mind depending on how the next choice pans out, so even i'm not shure where exacly it'll go :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,346 Posts
    i dont get why people keep stealing this from krinkels
    is it that hard to do something original? idk what people expect to come from ripping off somebody elses style and even brand name and make their own stuff out of it

Edited:

whats the point? nothing madness related is every original or yours in any way, and it can't feel good knowing that but using his style and name anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 16Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    is it that hard to do something original? idk what people expect to come from ripping off somebody elses style and even brand name and make their own stuff out of it

Edited:

whats the point? nothing madness related is every original or yours in any way, and it can't feel good knowing that but using his style and name anyway.
    uuugh, i choose to do this because it's what i like, i understand many people might not understand that, but there are many people who do...

and as to anything madness being unoriginal, madness is a style, yes it was made by krinkles, but then again, anime is also a style, as is stick animation, and there has been alot done with them...

now, this would be stealing if you just ripped all krinkles sprites right out without trying, went and used his charachter, his story and called it my own... i try to use as little of his stuff as i can.

and as to why i am using madness, honestly, if i could draw better, i wouldnt use madness...
    what i am trying to do here is have something like a table top campaign, but as i cannot see the players to get the point across, a have to use images, and as i cant draw (i would love to, i just cant) i use madness...

happy with the explanation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2010
    303 Posts
    I'm lovin' it!
    don't say it too much, people might think we're talking about mcdonalds advert in madness

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,747 Posts
    McMadness?

29. Post #29
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    Why did you use two right hands when he was lying down?
    Here's how you're supposed to do it:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2011
    2,034 Posts
    uuugh, i choose to do this because it's what i like, i understand many people might not understand that, but there are many people who do...

and as to anything madness being unoriginal, madness is a style, yes it was made by krinkles, but then again, anime is also a style, as is stick animation, and there has been alot done with them...

now, this would be stealing if you just ripped all krinkles sprites right out without trying, went and used his charachter, his story and called it my own... i try to use as little of his stuff as i can.

and as to why i am using madness, honestly, if i could draw better, i wouldnt use madness...
    what i am trying to do here is have something like a table top campaign, but as i cannot see the players to get the point across, a have to use images, and as i cant draw (i would love to, i just cant) i use madness...

happy with the explanation?
    All I see is excuses. =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Disagree Disagree x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    The thing about madness is, Krinkels sort of gave us a blank slate. Look at every fan animation ever made, all of them are different in some particular way. Mine, isn't to rip off Krinkels, it's a fan interactive dedicated to his work. He put it on his site, probably meaning that he liked it, and didn't think it was a rip off.

You can use someone elses idea, and make it into something different, in your own creative way. Krinkels created these characters, that opened up hundreds and thousands of ideas. If you make something not based off anything from scratch, well.. You can probably expect people to make a fan-whatever to it because they liked it. I mean, I can draw pretty well. I could have easily made my own interactive totally by drawing it, from scratch, with the same storyline as my interactive. But I used Madness characters because I enjoyed Krinkels work, not because I wanted to take and rip off his stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,747 Posts
    Madness is an art style. The picture itself is yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,311 Posts

Edited:

My reasoning is that it's a convenient way of telling a story without having to worry about the art. Which is only excusable when the story is good enough, and for that we have to wait and see. No need to shoot someone down when they're just starting out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2008
    1,340 Posts
    Quick! Bust out the window and save him!

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,888 Posts

Edited:

I think it's maybe just the art style they're using, which has existed for so long. As long as they have a general plot planned out (not just you're in a room with a door, omg what will happen if you open it with your penis) I think it has potential.

And besides even if you rip of some art style, when it's this old it's almost a classic, so it's not that bad when you use it.
    Seriously Tomtyke I appreciate your effort, keep up the good work!

Edited:

Oh sorry, I don't want to derail.
    Try to help the soldier, if there is a quick path to him. Maybe he'll help you then as a thank you for helping him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    November 2010
    101 Posts
    Go through the door to the left, holding your weapon steadily while checkin' doe's corna's.

37. Post #37
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    gee guys, thanks for the support! :D (srsly, im no kidding)

anyway, heres the update, sorry it was so late, i was on the road with no internet for 15 hours straight...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    Go and stab the attacker. Once he's dead, check the guard to make sure he's okay. Then, if he's not okay, take his gun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    November 2010
    101 Posts
    Looks as if the soldier let go of his gun. Dive for it and shoot the zombie in between the eyes.

Edit: How do you make these interactives? If you actually use MS paint then can you give me the spritesheet you use (meant towards rovar) ?

40. Post #40
    November 2009
    3,686 Posts
    The sprite sheet I use is not opened to public, sorry. :/

Only some things are public, such as character bases and my weapons only.