1. Post #1
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,076 Posts

With the game acquired by GamersFirst (creators of WarRock and probably some other games that nobody has ever heard of) APB has finally been given a new lease on life! Will they totally butcher the game with paid nonsense? I guess we'll be finding out soon!

What's new in the GamersFirst version?

Progression has been totally re-worked! Progression was really convoluted before, with rewards at seemingly random points, and it had some strange mechanics that needed a lot of explaining by game prompts. Additionally in-game money pricing structure on some of the game items resulted in massive run-away economy problem. But now?
    [LIST][*] Upgrades are unlocked by performing their relevant tasks, for example you unlock better cas cans by performing Arson.[*] Organization Standing has been totally removed, instead all contacts will fall under the guise of either a Vehicle contact or a Weapons contact. By progressing through these contacts you unlock weaponry and vehicles in a much more organized manner.[*] All contacts unlock preset and customisable clothing options. Since the presets are now properly named you will now be able to tell which items and combinations are actually meant to be worn together (an annoying missing item in the original release).[*] Open slot weapons and weapon upgrades are unlocked through specific roles that are levelled through using that weapon class (so shotguns and SMGs are all unlocked through the Pointman role, along with upgrades such as Magazine Pull and Reflex Sight)[*] All Symbols and some pieces of clothing are now rewarded through random rewards at the end of a mission. Players have a very high chance (50%, modified by mission performance) to unlock one at the end of each mission, with different contacts unlocking different symbols.[*] High level vehicles are now using a slightly different unlock system. You unlock the base vehicles and presets through vehicle contacts at high levels, with kits and open slot versions gained through completing time trials around the districts with those vehicle![*] The "in-game" or "earned money" cost for most items has been drastically increased. It’s better for players to have a load of stuff they want and have to work to get the money together to buy them, rather than be able to buy everything right away and have a ton of money left over[*] MONOLITH AND SAVAGE HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GAME. [*] Weather effects[*] Weapon customization[/LIST]
    Aren't GamersFirst going to totally butcher this game with paid weapons, similar to WarRock?

At the moment this is purely speculation, but from the way they're talking on the blog it looks like they're going to be a lot more lenient on Free2Play players! To quote the blog:
    The last thing I was originally going to talk about was premium accounts and leased weapons since that's another big change for the new version of the game. In short, we want to make premiums highly desirable purchases, but not something that crushes Free2Play players. Our goal is to ensure everyone has fun in the game, while simultaneously encouraging premium activities, since that ensures we can stick around and pay for the costs of running and expanding the game over the next several years. We are also in the middle of creating weapons that can be leased that aren't necessarily better than the ones you earn, just different, more specialized or has some other specific benefit. We are planning to share all the information about premium/free and earned/leased breakdowns as we get closer to launch.

In a nutshell, it looks like they're going to make it so that least weaponry doesn't give you a huge advantage, rather it just offers a different approach or different effects to the standard weaponry. The only other confirmed difference between paid accounts and free accounts is the storage of customization, all users may customize anything just as it was in the original release of APB. However, basic members will have a lower complexity cap on customizations than paid members. You must be a paid member to save past that cap at the time of saving, you will not lose any of your customized items if you choose to stop paying.

Will I keep my characters from the game?

When the Open Beta begins GamersFirst are planning on opening a "Lost and Found" service that will allow players to reclaim their created items, but I think this "Yes and No" from the Blog says it better:

[LIST][*]YES - we plan on letting players of the original APB game reclaim the original content (ie characters etc.) that existed at the time the game shut down, since that data is considered "game content." This would give you most (if not all) customizations, gear, and character names back that you had during the first run of the game.[*]NO - we are likely to NOT give you back all the progression data (though some, but this particular point will be explained in much more detail before Open Beta since part of the changes to the game itself relate to progression).[/LIST]
    What's in store for the future?

Though GamersFirst haven't said much about what they're planning in terms of brand new content, there are a few things that aren't in the Beta at the moment that they are planning for the release.

[LIST][*] A more meaningful Clan system with improved League tables (leagues are currently not in the game.)[*] The "Asylum District" (Not a clue what this is but I've heard a few people talking about it.)[*] Chaos Districts (Haha, I know right?)[*] Major changes to Upgrades, they plan to substantially up the effects of upgrades but also add negative effects to make it so that players have to fall into different roles.[/LIST]Faction Progression Tree
    http://forums.gamersfirst.com/lofive...p?t135319.html

Screenshots

If you look carefully at these screenshots you can see that some of these weapons are new, there also seems to be attachments on the weapons! You can also see the early versions of the new weather and lighting effects.

Early Asylum Sceenshots

[

Links
    APB Reloaded Website
    APB Reloaded Blog (new post once a week, don't ask me why they're using Blogspot.)
    APB Reloaded Forums
    APB Reloaded Twitter
    APB Reloaded Facebook

Facepunch Players
    Thankyou to hezzy for this handy gadget:
    Facepunch APB Database

Database Input (punch in your details there and you'll get added to the database)

The Game Keeps Crashing when I have 4GB of ram. What do?
    Well that means you're obviously running the game on a 32bit OS, and there's an easy fix for that.
    Q: How do I prevent out of memory crashes on Win7 32 bit with a 4GB RAM?
    A: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072

This basically sets it so the game is using 3GB of your available virtualRAM instead of 2GB and is most likely to reduce if not stop all chances of crashing due to memory errors.

The Game Looks like Crap and I can't Change the Settings. What do?
    Yet again, this is an issue that applies to people running on a 32bit OS, because both RTW and Gamersfirst really seem to hate 32bit and aren't going to fix this shit any time soon.

Okay, 32 bit constraint removal:
    1. Open up APB Reloaded/APBGame/Config/APBCompat.
    2. Scroll down to the bottom, you'll find [AppHWConstraintsBucket3] and some shit underneath.
    3. Copy everything under [AppHWConstraintsBucket3] and paste it OVER the contents of these "constraint buckets":
    [AppHWConstraintsBucket2] and [AppHWConstraintsBucket1](they're above this one). There's a lot of weird stuff and numbers under them, you have to replace it all with the compression-free settings of the third bucket. So in the end all of the three buckets should look the same, except the numbers.

This is all probably confusing and shit, I'll try to edit the unclear parts. Also, using the launcher will reset everything to standard, you might want to keep a copy of all these. If you MUST use the launcher, do all of this after everything was checked and updated everytime before starting the game itself, but after you start the launcher.

NOTE: This will reduce your performance, probably. But extra graphics are worth it.

:siren:Wtf y can i no cloths?:siren:

Go to the Social District, at the bottom left corner of the map are the outfit, decal and character editors. The top of the map is the car editors and a few marketplace stalls. Bottom right corner is the Enforcer Building, with nothing in it but a couple of contacts used for buying guns and a theme editor, same thing goes for the Criminal Building.

Reduce your lag today with the new Pando Media Booster Uninstallation kit!
    :siren: oh wow i just discovered G1 installs a hidden torrent client that is constantly uploading the game to other people while you play it :siren:
    this pretty much explains all the lag issues everyone has been having, as it opens like 20 connections and eats upload bandwidth which can sometimes cause you to ping higher to the servers.

I found this out when i noticed a lag spike and opened comodo to see what was using what, and i found PMB.exe eating tons of bandwidth with tons of connections out. After some research, PMB is pando media booster, basically a bittorrent application.

The Fix: go to \program files(x86)\Pando networks\pando media downloader and uninstall. this will uninstall the software, and should allow you to keep playing the game as normal. i am not sure if you will still be able to download new updates, that's yet to be tested.

if im late, fuck you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Natrox - Natrox / Nikki - Enforcer / Criminal - EUPatriot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,761 Posts
    I'm still not in the op you butte

Taggart - JohnBadass - Enforcer - EU1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #4
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,127 Posts
    Progression, achievements, levels, and items will be reset to the basic level (that’s to say, you start fresh) however user-created skins, clothing, symbols and even car paint designs will be restored
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Austria Show Events

5. Post #5
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,076 Posts
    I'm still not in the op you butte

Taggart - JohnBadass - Enforcer - EU1
    I didn't make the previous thread you buttmunch :argh:

6. Post #6
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,127 Posts
    Oh yeah, add me:
    SEKCobra - Auria - Enforcer - EU1

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    14,761 Posts
    I didn't make the previous thread you buttmunch :argh:
    yeah well that's not the point you buttmonkey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,670 Posts
    Add me:
    simkas - JillBadass - Enforcer - EU1

Also:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2009
    255 Posts
    Shorn Connery - Enter - Criminal - US West
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

10. Post #10
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,127 Posts
    If you have any more questions for the developers, just let me know.

Edited:

simkas give me a Facepunch logo.

11. Post #11
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,076 Posts
    yeah well that's not the point you buttmonkey
    Quitcher bitchin you're added dad gunnit :argh:

12. Post #12
    June 2010
    207 Posts
    Vandooz - Vandooz - Criminal - EU1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #13
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,076 Posts

Edited:

The mission spawned the truck on an already existing car and when I got in it flipped like 20ft in the air.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    December 2009
    255 Posts
    If you have any more questions for the developers, just let me know.
    Ask them why they think PunkBuster is a good anti-cheat choice. They used it in the original version of APB, and there were still hackers. They use it now, and there are already hackers.

15. Post #15
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,127 Posts
    I don't think they want to change too much of the games basic mechanics, at least it would make sense to buy a "cheap" game and jsut fix it up a bit, then having people pay for it, no need to make major improvements.

Edited:

Join me right now, names Auria.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,457 Posts
    People add me.

Bytecry - Crim - Patriot EU2

Edited:
    Really need to get LVL 7 with Seung

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,952 Posts
    Veora - Enf - EU1

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,670 Posts
    Anyone with a female character level 5 with Kaspar?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    1,385 Posts
    I'm going to redownload this game and see how it is now. I got tons of stuttering problems after a while of play but I want to try and give it another try. From the patch notes, it looks like they did a lot of fixes, additions, etc. Can anyone point me to a downloader that isn't the GamersFirst live one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,200 Posts
    Alright then, add me.

mrkaki - MrGrumps - Enforcer - EU1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,855 Posts
    Instead of being messy and having to add everyone's name to the OP, you can now use this handy link

Facepunch APB Database
    Database Input
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Useful Useful x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Add me
    ionuttzu - Ionuttzu - Enforcer - EU1
    Also can anyone tell me how to get rid of useless shit that eats up FPS? For example Bloom, whatever I do I can't remove the damn thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Romania Show Events

23. Post #23
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,076 Posts
    If there's one thing where the matchmaking actually works at, it's giving the opposition a fucking stupid advantage according to their weapon. If they have a sniper rifle, all of my task areas are wide open areas. If they have an smg, everythings cramped as hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,560 Posts
    JakeAM - Hanson - Enforcer - EU1

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,339 Posts
    I'm digging that portal 2 logo.
    If you're on US East, I'd be more than happy to spread the love.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,560 Posts
    Anyone enforcer EU1 want to play? I'm really bored talking to myself lol

27. Post #27
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,687 Posts
    Man, the character customization sure likes to mess up the lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

28. Post #28
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,767 Posts
    -sneep-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

29. Post #29
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,687 Posts
    tehMuffinMan, there's a link in the OP to where you can add yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,339 Posts
    APB sure is realistic, those who uphold the law get paychecks to pay off ammo and maintenance costs while the crime lords can make off and buy anything in the world only in a few hours of work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,014 Posts
    APB sure is realistic, those who uphold the law get paychecks to pay off ammo and maintenance costs while the crime lords can make off and buy anything in the world only in a few hours of work.
    it's actually really easy to make money as an enforcer if you know what you're doing. just get into a group of 3-4 and look for high threat criminals that are ram raiding and stuff, they will likely have thousands in dirty money. witness them and win the mission to get all of their dirty money, but you will have to split it with your team. repeat this, and you can likely get more money than a criminal can.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,339 Posts
    it's actually really easy to make money as an enforcer if you know what you're doing. just get into a group of 3-4 and look for high threat criminals that are ram raiding and stuff, they will likely have thousands in dirty money. witness them and win the mission to get all of their dirty money, but you will have to split it with your team. repeat this, and you can likely get more money than a criminal can.
    I've done this before, I get really lucky and maybe make 3k or so. But that's it. Most crims turn their cash in at around that amount unless they're new/with a group.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,018 Posts
    Way easier said than done.

Hell, we went to a server of nothing but Ram-Raiders, and yet we were getting less income in our time than we would have just doing regular missions.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,670 Posts
    Yeah, after like 5 minutes of looking around you'll maybe find a criminal that'll have like 200$ on him. Really effective.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,014 Posts
    i usually find a high threat criminal and follow him for a while, and after he goes to his fence, i quickly witness and snipe him before he gets back into his car so he doesn't have a chance to run.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,849 Posts
    I wish they made a district that's like a closed in Chinatown esque area. No vehicles, maybe bikes or something, and going inside shops and the such. Gunfights across buildings and through the shopfronts. I guess Asylum will have to do for now, but it's disappointing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,558 Posts
    I wish they made a district that's like a closed in Chinatown esque area. No vehicles, maybe bikes or something, and going inside shops and the such. Gunfights across buildings and through the shopfronts. I guess Asylum will have to do for now, but it's disappointing.
    When does Asylum come out?

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,018 Posts
    I've been talking to my friend, and we agree they need to fix the economy in this game.

Making money as Criminals is WAY easier than Enforcer, and in the long run that gives them a huge advantage because they can buy better cars and weapons before and more easily than we can.

39. Post #39
    November 2008
    1,806 Posts
    Add me:
    Kaelazun - Kaelazun - Criminal - EU2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,282 Posts
    Me too: