1. Post #1
    Gold Member

October 2009
    4,915 Posts
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Two Muslim religious leaders say they were removed from a commercial airliner in Memphis on Friday and were told it was because the pilot refused to fly with them aboard.

Masudur Rahman, who is also an adjunct instructor of Arabic at the University of Memphis, said by telephone from the terminal at Memphis International Airport that he and another imam had already been allowed to board their Delta Connection flight to Charlotte, N.C., before they were asked to de-board.

Transportation Security Administration spokesman Jon Allen in Atlanta confirmed the incident and said it was not initiated by that agency.

A Delta Air Lines spokeswoman said the flight was operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines, which is also based in Atlanta. ASA didn't immediately respond to telephone calls seeking comment.

Rahman said he was dressed in traditional Indian clothing and his traveling companion was dressed in Arab garb, including traditional headgear.

Rahman said he and Mohamed Zaghloul, of the Islamic Association of Greater Memphis, were cleared by security agents and boarded the plane for an 8:40 a.m. departure.

The aircraft pulled away from the gate, but the pilot then announced the plane must return, Rahman said. When it did, the imams were asked to go back to the boarding gate where Rahman said they were told the pilot was refusing to accept them because some other passengers could be uncomfortable.

Rahman said Delta officials talked with the pilot for more than a half-hour, but he still refused.

The men were taken to a lounge and booked on a later flight.

hey called the Council on Islamic-American Relations, a Muslim civil rights and advocacy group in Washington, D.C.

"It's racism and bias because of our religion and appearance and because of misinformation about our religion." Rahman said. "If they understood Islam, they wouldn't do this."

He said a Delta manager apologized for the pilot's actions, but that he and Zaghloul never spoke directly with the pilot.

Ibrahim Hooper, of the Islamic-American organization, said the group will follow up with the airline and with the TSA to help ensure such incidents do not continue to occur.

Hooper said airline officials at Memphis tried to resolve the situation, but the pilot refused.
    Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_858823.html

The pilot is probably part of the Tea Party.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 102Funny x 15Winner x 8Agree x 4Dumb x 3Informative x 1Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    what a douchenozzle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 82Disagree Disagree x 9Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    September 2007
    574 Posts
    Way to stereotype
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 68Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Thaaat should not be legal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 204Disagree Disagree x 13 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,757 Posts
    What the fuck is wrong with Americans anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 63Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,656 Posts
    Thaaat should not be legal.
    It sounds like it isn't legal, but the pilot simply outright refused to fly. I'm certain there will be a follow up. (that is, if there isn't I lose faith in humanity)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    While his reasons were biased, I am kinda glad to see we aren't 100% bowing to muslims and doing anything they request.

(User was banned for this post ("Idiot" - Starpluck))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Dumb x 201Agree x 18Funny x 5Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,757 Posts
    While his reasons were biased, I am kinda glad to see we aren't 100% bowing to muslims and doing anything they request.
    What were they requesting? Fly in a plane using a plane ticket they fucking bought?

This is a terrible post and you should feel bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 127Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    What the fuck is wrong with Americans anymore?
    I'm downright ashamed to live in this country, don't you worry.

They bought their own tickets what the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,671 Posts
    Yeah, God forbid we allow Muslims to board a plane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    16,614 Posts
    They weren't asking for special treatment, they paid for the flight like everyone else, there was no bowing down happening anywhere in story.

You're just mad because they have equal rights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 49Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    April 2010
    2,312 Posts
    Can i get on a plane please?

NO WE ARE NOT BOWING DOWN TO YOU

..How is this logical?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 36Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,029 Posts
    bowing to them? they were on the plane and wanted to go to their destination for the tickets they bought... wtf is wrong with that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Pilot should be fired, or at least severely punished.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 53Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,466 Posts
    There's probably some other reasons behind it - but it's very possible for it to be racially motivated. Currently it is only a one sided story.

(when you do away with any critical thinking regarding the evidence, you're just as bad as the pilot)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Agree Agree x 11Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Dennab
    October 2010
    4,306 Posts
    You know, muslims are more prone to do terrorism than the western people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb x 81Funny x 14Agree x 11Disagree x 5Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,433 Posts
    What!? After all those security check which confirm them clear of any dangerous weapons, they are denied their flight?

Other passenger could be uncomfortable around Muslims? Are we living in 1103 Crusader era age again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,029 Posts
    ooh a statistic

this definitely warrants letting no muslim on a plane ever again. ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    I bet this is one of the reasons they do terrorism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malaysia Show Events Dumb x 29Agree x 3Funny x 2Winner x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,915 Posts
    :worship: These people have bought their own plane tickets and we are allowing them to fly, we are bowing down to them!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,056 Posts
    What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    oh shit, it really says i payed 10.00. Im so fucked. im crying. we are gonna be poor.
    April 2005
    9,466 Posts
    "they"

:saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 27Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    Ask any Muslim 1 question, because I do not want to become a Muslim, but respect your religion, am I still a Kafir (basically a disbeliever).
    They will tell you that you are, and in the Qur'an it clearly states that all Kafir must be beheaded and treated like a foul dog, and that if they do not turn to Islam that Holy War will be started upon which all Muslims, man, woman and child are called to arms to murder all Kafir.
    Do a bit of research into it, read it for yourself.
    Not suprised some people are starting to show signs of turning against it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Disagree Disagree x 14Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,433 Posts
    Next they will ban gays from riding airplane.

The pilots are way too paranoid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,029 Posts
    ye this peaceful imam is now gonna go blow the fuck out of them in revenge and it won't be ironic or detrimental to the image of islam at all

i hope to god terrorists don't think like this because it would do far more harm than good

26. Post #26
    July 2010
    1,625 Posts
    The question is how did they even get past security.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,029 Posts
    Ask any Muslim 1 question, because I do not want to become a Muslim, but respect your religion, am I still a Kafir (basically a disbeliever).
    They will tell you that you are, and in the Qur'an it clearly states that all Kafir must be beheaded and treated like a foul dog, and that if they do not turn to Islam that Holy War will be started upon which all Muslims, man, woman and child are called to arms to murder all Kafir.
    Do a bit of research into it, read it for yourself.
    Not suprised some people are starting to show signs of turning against it.
    nope they didnt. i asked 5 muslim friends of mine. they said the qur'an is like any book and it is open to interpretation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 21Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    easily?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,029 Posts
    because they bought tickets for the plane and had valid passports and nothing dangerous or illegal on their persons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2005
    9,466 Posts
    that's assuming that the whole story is being told. currently we only have one telling of the tale from the victim perspective.

it's very possible that the pilot had reason for evicting them from the plane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,418 Posts
    :doh:

How stupid can you get?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,362 Posts
    Kind of dumb, you know. After all the fuss with muslims why go dressed on a plane in full muslim garb? you don't see catholic priests flying in their robes, eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Colombia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

33. Post #33
    April 2010
    2,366 Posts
    Next they will ban gays from riding airplane.

only if gays start being stereotyped as terrorists

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    nope they didnt. i asked 5 muslim friends of mine. they said the qur'an is like any book and it is open to interpretation
    In plain english it says 'Any non-believer, must have their head taken off by the sword, and be treated with the utmost disgust', interpret it as you will.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    March 2010
    1,493 Posts
    This is bullshit. I don't care if you don't like me, I'm paying my money to get somewhere and you're getting money to shut your mouth and do your job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2011
    4,518 Posts
    That pilot should be fired :colbert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,029 Posts
    Kind of dumb, you know. After all the fuss with muslims why go dressed on a plane in full muslim garb? you don't see catholic priests flying in their robes, eh?
    because people shouldn't be discriminated against because of what they are wearing?

they went through the security checks. they had nothing on them. there was no reason for them to be thrown off the plane.

fuck how can people not understand this?

and regardless, the guy was an imam. he's probably the least likely muslim to misinterpret the quran and blow up a plane

38. Post #38
    April 2011
    530 Posts
    In plain english it says 'Any non-believer, must have their head taken off by the sword, and be treated with the utmost disgust', interpret it as you will.
    what page is that on? I have a koran right here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,418 Posts
    Because only bigots and dipshits stereotype people and think everyone dressed in Muslim attire are terrorists.

You just don't expect those people to be flying your plane.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,331 Posts
    Muslims won't openly say 'Yeh, turn your back and ill behead you', it even says in the Qur'an if you do not wish to confront head on a disbeliever, get onto their good side, and stab them in the night while they sleep.

There was a famous historical representation that shows how it works, a Muslim entered into a small city, eventually brought his family in under the pretense that he was a humble trader wanting to move.
    A few months down the line, whilst the city slept, he opened the gates to others from his original city, and they murdered all the townsfolk in their sleep and claimed the city for their own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)