1. Post #1
    July 2007
    602 Posts
    Requirements:

WEAPONRY: GCombat '08.
    LIFE SUPPORT CACHES/HUBS: LS3 (LS2 compatible).
    SOME ENTITIES: Wiremod

Download:

SVN Repository

GMOD.org download (Sorry, some of the links are broken as people reported them and they got taken down)
    SBEP SVN Seed (easy SVN install)
    SBEP (Models)
    SBEP (Entities)
    SBEP (Fighters & Hangers)
    SBEP (Weapons)
    SBEP (Fortifications)

We are programmers, artists, level designers, texture artists, and modelers but beyond this we are also proud SpaceBuild players. Though originally we only served the community by offering a model pack we have since grown organically into building a more comprehensive solution toward many of SpaceBuild's problems and exercising many opportunities which have not been explored; all the name of enrichment of the experience.

Our primary goal and mission is to enhance the SpaceBuild gamemode experience by offering a comprehensive alternative to packs not particularly well-suited toward providing for a proper, lagless, and needlessly difficult, SpaceBuild experience.

We are problem solvers: ever watchful for solutions to problems which bug the Spacebuild community.
    We are active listeners: keeping our eyes and ears trained to current developments in Spacebuild and working with top community forces to keep the project relevant and useful at all times.
    We are the Spacebuild Enhancement Project Team: we would like to welcome you to the next level of Spacebuild and invite you to help us help you make Spacebuild the best it can be in Garrysmod!

Features
    1. Over 600 interconnectable modules specifically planned and designed for efficient ship-building
    2. One-click-spawn ATVs, Fighters, Freighters, and Capital-Class Ferriers with weapon hardpoints which snap compatible weapons on with no mess and no fuss!
    3. Docks to hold your ships aloft in the vast expanse of space.
    4. Ground Base and Manufacturing models to enhance colony simulation.
    5. Much more!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 16Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    Yay! The thread is back up :D. What are you working on now over in SBEP world?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    1,209 Posts
    This project is SO awesome. I love you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2010
    398 Posts
    What are you working on now over in SBEP world?
    Im using the gravity stablizer mod to create a space station that slowly rotates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Hys, did you got tired of waiting for Umbra to make a new thread?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events

6. Post #6
    July 2007
    602 Posts
    Hys, did you got tired of waiting for Umbra to make a new thread?
    He's a bit tied up with other things right now, no need to add to his to-do list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    He's a bit tied up with other things right now, no need to add to his to-do list.
    Ah, I see.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Oh look, new thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    2,439 Posts
    Any new parts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

10. Post #10
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    I was wondering where the new thread was...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

11. Post #11

November 2010
    4 Posts
    Horray, finally! Now we can have even moar fun from gmod!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,222 Posts
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but where can I find the laser cannon entities? I cannot remember if they used to be packed with SBEP or were an optional addon. They used their own tool to spawn.
    Also, are there any other optional addons for SBEP? It's been a very long time since I last played Gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

13. Post #13
    May 2009
    146 Posts
    Wasn't the Pew Pew addon supposed to replace GCombat '08?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,131 Posts
    Just got back from the World Steam Expo, so you guys should deffinatly fill me up with some cyberpunk.

15. Post #15
    February 2009
    103 Posts

:ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic x 6Disagree x 1Agree x 1Zing x 1Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2010
    398 Posts
    Is that a turret from the Destiny?
    Or am I getting my sci-fi mixed up?

Either way, looks cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    574 Posts
    Doesn't look like it'd be able to tilt up and down at all. =/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2008
    156 Posts
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but where can I find the laser cannon entities? I cannot remember if they used to be packed with SBEP or were an optional addon. They used their own tool to spawn.
    If you're referring to LuaPineapple's Freespace 2 style beam cannons, they used to be part of this pack, but I believe they were removed for stability issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2009
    103 Posts
    Doesn't look like it'd be able to tilt up and down at all. =/
    I agree with you, and i've altered the model so it can tilt ~40-45 degrees

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,222 Posts
    If you're referring to LuaPineapple's Freespace 2 style beam cannons, they used to be part of this pack, but I believe they were removed for stability issues.
    Aw :c
    Are there any plans to re-implement those sorts of beam weapons?

21. Post #21
    July 2007
    602 Posts
    Aw :c
    Are there any plans to re-implement those sorts of beam weapons?
    Not unless they are re-written from scratch. Blame the guy with rage issues who wasn't actually very good at coding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,222 Posts
    Not unless they are re-written from scratch. Blame the guy with rage issues who wasn't actually very good at coding.
    Ah yes. I only faintly remember all the past drama that's gone on here since I first joined the forums.

23. Post #23
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Have you looked at Nev's Laser Gun in toybox? It works, is a solid stream-beam weapon, and the ray doesn't seem to disappear if you look at it wrong. The only thing wrong with it is that there's no version we can use as a ship weapon and I can't find the damn thing on garrysmod.org...

24. Post #24
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Needs pose parameter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,222 Posts
    I have a problem with Modbridge, there's missing textures. All the lights inside (on the ceilings and running along the walls) I downloaded SBEP via SVN, it's at the absolute latest version. I have LS3, and all related addons.
    http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/2...beta010027.jpg

Edited:

I apologise for the small image, but Imageshack has taken to resizing images now, and Filesmelt isn't working for me at the moment.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    574 Posts
    I apologize for the small image, but Imageshack has taken to resizing images now, and Filesmelt isn't working for me at the moment.
    Hasn't resized anything I've uploaded. Sure you didn't forget to change the option when you upload to "do not resize"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,222 Posts
    Hasn't resized anything I've uploaded. Sure you didn't forget to change the option when you upload to "do not resize"?
    That's a possibility. Uploaded it at 3 in the morning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28

May 2010
    70 Posts
    That's a possibility. Uploaded it at 3 in the morning.
    iv had the same problem for a while and i cant seem to find a fix for it anywhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    I've had the problem before, but mine was always garbled textures, not missing...for me, it was a DirectX error, something about my playing the game in 8 instead of 9 or something...(it was being stupid and refusing to load normally for forever). I'd love to use freaking 10 or 11, but my graphics card doesn't seem to support it.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    I've had the problem before, but mine was always garbled textures, not missing...for me, it was a DirectX error, something about my playing the game in 8 instead of 9 or something...(it was being stupid and refusing to load normally for forever). I'd love to use freaking 10 or 11, but my graphics card doesn't seem to support it.
    No worries, neither does GMod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    So, this is probably the most posted-in Spacebuild thread we've had yet.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    574 Posts
    So, this is probably the most posted-in Spacebuild thread we've had yet.
    Cause there's just sooo much to post about right now. :P

Honestly I think the Gravity Hull Designer mod is more of the "thing to watch" in the spacebuild realm at the moment, especially with the lack of progress on this mod lately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    'Tis what I'm doing. The only problem I forsee between this mod and that one is the infinite map thing; big ships will be a giant pain to get working. Maybe someone could write a program to convert ships into multiple entities or something, and then those entities could be uploaded to the server like an AdvDupe thing, and then it would be solved. Or not. I dunno. GAH.

EDIT:
    Obviously, CmdrMatthew was the one who rated me dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Dear lord, nostalgia... How many of you remember this ship?
    http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/...56-15-5061.jpg

Has anything noteworthy happened recently? New ships or anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Dear lord, nostalgia... How many of you remember this ship?
    http://www.foundation3d.com/uploads/...56-15-5061.jpg

Has anything noteworthy happened recently? New ships or anything?
    Oh man, loved that movie. Terrible script, amazing design.
    Oh, and NPH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    May god have mercy upon my ennemies.Because I wont
    March 2007
    261 Posts
    Epic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Oh man, loved that movie. Terrible script, amazing design.
    Oh, and NPH.
    This. It'd be pretty nifty to have some of the stuff from that movie in the pack. Maybe even some of those bugs modeled to replace antlions....or maybe combine that brain-eating thing with infestor queens, so we'd have brain-eating infestors....

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    This. It'd be pretty nifty to have some of the stuff from that movie in the pack. Maybe even some of those bugs modeled to replace antlions....or maybe combine that brain-eating thing with infestor queens, so we'd have brain-eating infestors....
    I think someone tried making the dropship, back when I was still ranting about how we don't realy have any dropships. Also just noticed that the sword isn't in the ent pack on garrysmod.org.

Edited:

Ahh, Dammit. I know the lift designer is still experimental, but you used to be able to reset it to get it to work. That's broken now. >< Hey, who was it that was adding the modbridge stuff to the lift designer anyway?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,061 Posts
    Meaning...? Infestor queens behaving like headcrabs? Yikes.

On another note: GN Drive as gravity controller alternate model? The two are practically the same, anyway.

40. Post #40
    April 2008
    781 Posts
    Meaning...? Infestor queens behaving like headcrabs? Yikes.
    No, he's saying it would be cool if the infestor queens acted like the Starship Troopers brain bugs.

http://images.wikia.com/aliens/image.../Brain_Bug.jpg

Headcrabs (as far as I know) just hitch a ride and turn you into a screwed up zombie thing. Brain bugs learn whatever is in the brains they suck out of your head. Say there's a defense complex with electric fences, with tasty humans inside. If a headcrab took over a guard, it would just throw itself at the fence and get zapped to death. If a Brain bug managed to have a guard captured and sucked out his brain, then the bug would know where the generators were. After that, it's a relatively simple matter of having either multiple flying units or a digger infiltrate the base and destroy the generators. All that's left is a fence that can be destroyed, then the base is over-run and the humans are bug chow.

EDIT
    I can sort of see how this would be interesting when you fight them. If your base is passcoded and you get captured and taken to a queen, the infestors would have your passcodes, so you'd either need to change codes or risk having your door controls hacked and your base invaded.