1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    Since not too long ago I've found a pair of stereo 3d goggles I'm wondering if it's possible to enable stereoscopic 3d on an Nvidia geforce 9500 gt. I've already downloaded iZ3D but it doesn't work. Now I'm not too sure if it's ever going to work because of this GPU, but in theory it should. Right?

Yes I've googled for it already but found jack shit.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,039 Posts
    First off you'd need a 120hz monitor. Secondly I don't think a 9500 would have enough power to run in 3D. It was hard enough on my 9800GT when I tried anaglyphic 3D.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    And here I was hoping it'd work. ghrrhh

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    It does support it. But you'll need the Nvidia 3D vision kit and compatible monitor.
    Unless you're trying to do Red/Cyan.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    It's one of those shaded glasses... Pretty much like this.

Apparently you can set custom colors. Now just gotta find the right matrix values.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    They're polarized glassed by the looks of it. You need an expensive polarized 3D TV for them to work. Currently AMD and Nvidia only support active shutter glasses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    And active shutter glasses adjust themselves, right? Because I went to a 3d movie yesterday at the cinema and there were these glasses, I managed to smuggle one with me.

Edited:

I just don't feel like putting away 300 bucks for 3d gaming, it's not worth it in my opinion.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,039 Posts
    And active shutter glasses adjust themselves, right? Because I went to a 3d movie yesterday at the cinema and there were these glasses, I managed to smuggle one with me.

Edited:

I just don't feel like putting away 300 bucks for 3d gaming, it's not worth it in my opinion.
    With the way those work you'd need two projectors in your room. Basically one lens has a bunch of lines going - while the other lens has a bunch of lines going | . So when you wear the glasses the - lens will cancel out the | and vice versa. This basically means you have two images being sent to your brain at once giving depth. So... those glasses are pretty much useless to you. (For the glasses you have, not the active shutter.)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    Then I guess I'm better off just coloring them with some felt tip pens.

Edited:

Fuck you cd marker ink, FUCK YOU. Y U NO GO AWAY

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    It isn't going to work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    See my flag? Shipping's probably going to cost more than the thing itself.

Edited:

Besides I'm not too sure they'll accept iDeal as a payment service.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,214 Posts
    He's just saying you need a proper pair. Colouring in polarized glasses isn't going to work.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,039 Posts
    You may not have 3-D At least you have a hard D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,638 Posts
    Eh, what?
    This item cannot be shipped to the address you selected.
    I selected Netherlands, my city and my postal number as the address (mind you ZIP is probably different than in the USA). Not going on further details due to privacy reasons.

Edited:

Kheb zeker un zachte g, Noord Brabant ftw

16. Post #16
    Karen Gillan <3
    April 2006
    3,547 Posts
    See my flag? Shipping's probably going to cost more than the thing itself.

Edited:

Besides I'm not too sure they'll accept iDeal as a payment service.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/re-usea...-glasses-44637

17. Post #17
    Asshole Extraordinaire
    Dennab
    May 2005
    3,705 Posts
    With the way those work you'd need two projectors in your room. Basically one lens has a bunch of lines going - while the other lens has a bunch of lines going | . So when you wear the glasses the - lens will cancel out the | and vice versa. This basically means you have two images being sent to your brain at once giving depth. So... those glasses are pretty much useless to you. (For the glasses you have, not the active shutter.)
    That's not how cinema 3D works. On single projector 3D systems, you either have a Z screen or a prism shutter mirror (both do the same thing.)

Basically the movie frame rate is doubled (48 Hz/120 Hz are common) and the prism or Z screen dynamically offset even and odd frames on the screen. Each frame is a complete frame, just shot at different angles. The polarized glasses you wear have the lenses in both eyes slight offset inward to put the two different images on the screen back together and form the illusion of depth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)