1. Post #1
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts

Morbus is the movie "The Thing" in short.

You are a human, these are your friends, and one of them is going to kill you.
    As a human you have two goals. The first and most important is to survive until extraction. The second is to find and kill all the Brood Aliens. If you survive until extraction or you and your fellow humans kill all Brood Aliens then you will win. Alone you will be picked off one by one and eventually lose. Together you run the risk of having a Brood Alien in your group, which can be just as dangerous. Choose your friends, and keep them close, but not too close.

You are an alien, this is your prey and you must deceive them and strike when their guards down.
    As a Brood Alien you are able to disguise yourself as a human to deceive the humans into thinking you are a human. At any time you are able to switch into your true alien form and attack! If you kill someone while in your alien form they will become a Brood Alien just like you. Your goal is to infect or kill all humans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner x 42Lua King x 16Dumb x 9Lua Helper x 2Agree x 2Friendly x 2Artistic x 1Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    730 Posts
    I don't get why you would create a new thread for exactly the same GameMode as Parasite 2, which seems to be like the early stages of the first parasite. Wouldn't it be easier to just rename it instead of creating this whole new thread with exactly the same thing with less content?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15 (list)

3. Post #3
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    The thread on Parasite 2 was in a different forum. That thread had a lot of unrefined information. This is the cleaner refined and, official version. Also many of the ideas i had for Parasite 2 were dropped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    155 Posts
    MOAR BUS?!?!?!!! :D

jkjk

I'd really like to see this done, as I was a huge fan of Parasite. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

5. Post #5

January 2010
    192 Posts
    What the hell, a combination of a subliminal version of Zombie Survival, Roleplay, and Trouble in Terrorist Town.

6. Post #6
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    What the hell, a combination of a subliminal version of Zombie Survival, Roleplay, and Trouble in Terrorist Town.
    Or a remake/revamp of an old gamemode from before TTT and ZS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,954 Posts
    Oh hey , Parasite2 is back

I think instant killing teamkillers is a little bit too much. You never know who the aliens are

8. Post #8
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Oh hey , Parasite2 is back

I think instant killing teamkillers is a little bit too much. You never know who the aliens are
    Not knowing who the aliens are doesn't give you grounds to randomly run up to someone and blow their head off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    730 Posts
    It will not stop it either; you also have to think about friendly fire when the Parasite shows up as well which can cause a big problem.

10. Post #10
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Thats why there are the different punishments. It may have been an accident and the victim will hopefully understand that, and choose no punishment or a lesser one.

However you do have a point. However I would rather integrate an anti-RDM system however, makes it easier for administrators to admin servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    1,656 Posts
    Dude, I would love to help. If you want to test me go ahead but man I dropped my Survival idea a while back and this seems nice.

12. Post #12
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Dude, I would love to help. If you want to test me go ahead but man I dropped my Survival idea a while back and this seems nice.
    Send me a private message so we can discuss this further.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2010
    1,625 Posts
    Send me a private message so we can discuss this further.
    Fyi this guy cant actually code, but I am sure you will see that for your self.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Fyi this guy cant actually code, but I am sure you will see that for your self.
    I would have expect him to say "I can code" if he actually could. But thank you anyways.

EDIT:

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deufHtDfpvI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts

Mapping!
    I am having a contest that is related to Morbus, this is for mappers! Mappers are to create a map for Morbus. The maps will be judged by me, but i will also take in account what other people say about it. The map MUST not have been entered in any other contest before. The map MUST be created by you.

Here is some good information from the OP for mappers:
    [release]
    Mapping for Morbus
    If you are interested in making maps for Morbus here are a few things to remember when making your maps.
    [list][*]The maps need to be smooth to run yet still maintaining an eerie/dark/scary atmosphere.[*]Having some sort of generator room, or a room with a button that will turn of all electrical lights in the map/area is important.[*]You need to create a logical area for the human's "needs" to be completed. These areas should be far away from each other.[*]There needs to be a detached an area on the map where Swarm Aliens can spawn. This should not be accessible once left by swarm aliens. A good idea is to place it above the map and then having air vents leading out of it to different places around the map.[*]Maps should have a logical combination of tight close areas and large open areas.[*]Some sort of 2nd hidden or alternative passage around the map is good. Think airvents or sewers, things that would be good for moving around the map unnoticed.[*]Nighttime is most likely your best choice of time.[*]The time period of Morbus is a few decades in the future. (Around 2040-2050) Space exploration is at its peak, the search for new settable planets is high, numerous remote colonies on planets.[*]Good settings for maps include: Large space ships, Space stations, Colonies on foreign planets, remote isolated areas.[*]If you need inspiration or ideas, play Dead Space 1 and 2[/list][/release]

The prizes:
    1st Place: 15 Dollars, can be sent via paypal or as a game on steam, up to you
    2nd Place: 10 Dollar steam game.
    3rd Place: 5 Dollar steam game.
    If you would like to donate a prize then PM me.

The top maps will be branded "Official Morbus Maps", and with the permission of the creators, released alongside Morbus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,153 Posts
    A contest about making a map for something that doesn't even exist yet is just plain dumb.
    Although your gamemode idea seems very nice you're trying to expand in too much branches, like primary needs and so on, the "root" idea is nice, a mix between TTT and Zombie Survival is a dangerous mix though.
    Good luck with your gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    You obviously have'nt read the OP and have never heard of Parasite. Its ashame people talk without knowing what they are talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    730 Posts
    I would also love to see what progress you have made on this gamemode as well. I can see that you made some new guns, but I do not feel that this is a truly essential game-play element. To me it looks like you're going into the "polishing/finishing" touches first before laying down any ground work for the game overall. Are you going to be using the original (startup version) of Parasite, or the older one? Are you going to create the whole thing from scratch? These are things that I'd like to know and would love to see progress on before I see things like guns, animations and the like.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,153 Posts
    I was just pointing out that if you're going to try to develope all the features you posted in the OP you're going to get a mess of a gamemode, I was pointing out that in a nice and gentle method, no need to bash my post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    I was just pointing out that if you're going to try to develope all the features you posted in the OP you're going to get a mess of a gamemode, I was pointing out that in a nice and gentle method, no need to bash my post.
    I apologize, but i have no doubt that it can be done, it has been done before, it just didnt catch do to it being dropped, and terribly done.

@KeitaroCoS ill try to post some progress ive made so far tonight, im really busy finishing up the school year so i havent had to much time.
    I can tell you that the round system is done, win checking, brood alien selection.

21. Post #21
    January 2009
    138 Posts
    From what I am reading this sounds like it's going to be fun can't wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2010
    1,180 Posts
    So... You can die from having to take a piss and holding it too long?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    So... You can die from having to take a piss and holding it too long?
    Piss or shit, and yes, basically. :trollface: :D

Edit:

Morbus is ready for alpha testing, when GMOD works again ill host a server.

24. Post #24
    December 2010
    572 Posts
    Of course remscar would make a game mode.

Hi remsy hun (zerothefallen here)

Looks cool

Edited:

I'm definitely testing

25. Post #25
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Multiplayer alpha testing worked, and the game supports multiple people. King Flawless made a surprise visit, and well, that was interesting.
    Ill work on pumping more content in and fleshing it out more when i am done with a client im working for.

Also, i made a wallpaper when i was feeling autistic, see OP for it. Yes that is the brood alien model.

26. Post #26
    ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽ ﷽
    March 2010
    8,300 Posts
    Currently playing the beta right now, fucking awesome.

Edited:

69.162.88.104:27015

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,954 Posts
    Currently playing the beta right now, fucking awesome.

Edited:

Where did you get the beta?
    Did Remscar actually start working?

28. Post #28
    August 2011
    114 Posts
    This Gamemode is amazing. Remscar you did it agiain :D

29. Post #29

September 2011
    4 Posts
    Where did you get the beta?
    Did Remscar actually start working?
    Yes he has been working on it for quite awhile lately. I think he started back up like 2 weeks ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,954 Posts
    Yes he has been working on it for quite awhile lately. I think he started back up like 2 weeks ago.
    Cool, I am watching this gamemode since it's announcement . Bad I don't have my PC now

31. Post #31

September 2011
    4 Posts
    Thats the server IP for Morbus testing!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Update

Temporary server will be hosting Morbus until it is finished. Then it will be hosted on another server owned by my client. I may or may not host the gamemode on other servers depending on how well and the conditions of the other server. Until then feel free to play on the temp server.

The IP address is: 69.162.88.104:27015
    Thank the steam user M4RK for his kind contribution of the server.

See OP for more information.

Changelog:
    Bold means it is not on server but has not been done
    -Added L4D glow for aliens so they can see other players through walls. (Lerps between green-red based on HP. Other aliens appear as purple)
    -Added F7, Automatic and Semi Automatic light assault rifle.
    -Added G22x, Automatic machine pistol (MAY BE REMOVED AND REPLACED WITH TMP)
    -Increased the factor that weapons weigh you down from 1.1x to 2.1x (based on their KG weight defined in shared.lua of the weapon)
    -The weight display on the hud now reflects how much a player is carrying. Green (Light) -> Brown (Medium) -> Red (HEAVY)
    -Added a HUD element that points towards your current mission objective (HUMAN only), (Displays the icon of current mission)
    -Fixed the top timer so it would not glitch and say the time was 3599:59 when it was actually 0:00
    -Changed melee weapons method of detecting a hit from using line traces to using hull traces
    -Increased Brood alien and Swarm alien melee attack angle, you will hit as long as your crosshair is within 15 degrees of your target.
    -Changed melee weapon damage from using bullets to ent:TakeDamage()
    -Fixed any errors with being unable to complete a mission
    -Fixed some networking problems
    -Fixed weapon glitch where you would lose 1 clip when you pickup a previous dropped weapon
    -Decreased normal alien move speed by 10, increased alien sprint by 30
    -Increased human move speed by 20
    -Decreased swarm move speed by 10
    -Fixed adding mission locations in the map arming tool
    -Added capability to use map brushes (need_shower, ect) for mission locations.
    -Changed view model and animation for brood+swarm alien melee attacks
    -Removed world model from brood alien and swarm alien melee
    -Increased brood alien attack speed
    -Decreased swarm alien damage
    -Decreased recoil and view punch when not iron sighting or when moving
    -Added a (basic) scoreboard
    -Fixed mission notifications to properly display mission icons
    -Fixed target ID's font
    -Fixed swarm aliens sound
    -Added 2hp/s regen to Brood alien in alien form
    -Reduced damage by 20% to Brood aliens when in brood alien form
    -Fixed an error in the weapon base
    -Fixed the ammo name that is displayed when you pickup ammo

33. Post #33
    September 2009
    1,490 Posts
    Just got done playing some of the testing.
    Good work on the game mode Remmy, can't wait to see it's release!

-Emo

34. Post #34
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Just got done playing some of the testing.
    Good work on the game mode Remmy, can't wait to see it's release!

-Emo
    I just realized you were Dark Emo X.X
    Dude we need to talk sometime.

35. Post #35
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Just played the test as well, it's a lot of fun, just a few things need to be changed/added but it's A+, highly recommend it!

36. Post #36
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    alien teamkilling is such a bitch

especially when you're brood and get knocked back down to swarm

37. Post #37
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts

Beta Gameplay video
    WARNING: Excessive swearing at some parts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,954 Posts
    Everything looking really nice but I think that swarm aliens are waaaaay to overpowered
    I was sure that they were made to be a distraction from the brood alien himself, not as the attacking force

39. Post #39
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Everything looking really nice but I think that swarm aliens are waaaaay to overpowered
    I was sure that they were made to be a distraction from the brood alien himself, not as the attacking force
    I agree the have a bit too much damage. They aren't supposed to kill 1v1 unless the human is very distracted. They are meant to only be a threat when in groups.

What i think ill do is make swarm aliens take 25% increased damage. Also lower their damage output so they only do 12 damage a hit compared to 20.

Also im thinking that brood aliens doing 22 damage is a bit low so after a bit more testing i may increase it.

Also i finished the pictures I'm going to be using as the "Quick Guide"
    ================================================== ===================

40. Post #40
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    i like