1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Old thread got closed abruptly because of the new post limit.

Here's mine:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Terrible Mustache Aficionado
    November 2010
    2,654 Posts
    Is Arch easy to install? Been using Linux (Ubuntu/Mint) for about 6 months already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    Is Arch easy to install? Been using Linux (Ubuntu/Mint) for about 6 months already.
    Just follow the install guide instructions and you should be fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Canada Show Events Agree x 8Optimistic x 2Funny x 1Useful x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    My first time doing it and everything went smooth. Wireless was a piece of piss to setup because the kernel includes my ath9k drivers, wish I had gone with something other than KDE but I don't really want to switch now because I'll probably break everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,019 Posts
    If you're comfortable with the terminal and read the instillation guide: yes.

6. Post #6
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,186 Posts
    Arch is pretty piss easy to install as long as you're not afraid of typing things in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    My first time doing it and everything went smooth. Wireless was a piece of piss to setup because the kernel includes my ath9k drivers, wish I had gone with something other than KDE but I don't really want to switch now because I'll probably break everything.
    Switching DE's are easy. Just install the packages, then modify your .xinitrc
    log out, then log back in and if you're fine with the new DE, remove the old one.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Switching DE's are easy. Just install the packages, then modify your .xinitrc
    log out, then log back in and if you're fine with the new DE, remove the old one.
    Will it remove all the dependencies it installed as well, because there is a ton of them?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    Will it remove all the dependencies it installed as well, because there is a ton of them?
    If you use pacman -Rs it will.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    If you use pacman -Rs it will.
    Okay cheers, I'll give it a go later

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    Okay cheers, I'll give it a go later
    Removed KDE and installed Gnome 3, I think I've just fallen in love, it's so shiny....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,603 Posts
    I'm using Fedora now.
    I enjoy using Gnome 3 regardless of my prejudice against it.

13. Post #13
    July 2007
    399 Posts
    got it working in natty, it's wonderful-is!

14. Post #14
    March 2011
    206 Posts

GNOME 3 on Linux Mint 11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    October 2007
    456 Posts

trying some fedora 15 action
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,721 Posts
    Absolutely no difference between the two except for the plant on the desktop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    October 2007
    456 Posts
    you are mistaken sir. you're forgetting about the neat feature of having 2 items with the same name, but one has an s at the end. Software Update and Software Updates
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2011
    101 Posts
    Absolutely no difference between the two except for the plant on the desktop
    If the first screenshot would be bigger, you'd probably see a huge difference in the font rendering. Fedora's rendering is pretty awful on the default install, but freetype-freeworld from RPMFusion changes that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    June 2008
    269 Posts
    Like the style, hate chrome's skin. Care to show how the new tab looks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts
    I have a plugin called speed dial that overrides the new tab to behave a little like the Safari new tab.

edit: Are [media] tags borked?

More edit: wtf [img_thumb] too?

http://i.imgur.com/a3cDK.png <-- Fuck it, there's my new tab screen.

Another edit: WTF WHERE'S THE LINK RECOGNITION GONE?

22. Post #22
    February 2011
    66 Posts
    Garry removed media tags once again iirc

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member

May 2008
    1,986 Posts
    I have a plugin called speed dial that overrides the new tab to behave a little like the Safari new tab.

edit: Are [media] tags borked?

More edit: wtf [img_thumb] too?

http://i.imgur.com/a3cDK.png <-- Fuck it, there's my new tab screen.

Another edit: WTF WHERE'S THE LINK RECOGNITION GONE?
    Garry removed media tags for images. Videos still work. You can force it to [img_thumb] by doing this:

[quote][img]image.png[/img][/quote]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    What theme is that and how do you set it?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,253 Posts
    What theme is that and how do you set it?
    I don't think that's a theme, it's just the default GNOME 3 scheme.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts
    I don't think that's a theme, it's just the default GNOME 3 scheme.
    Well I found a Gnome 3 port of Hope on deviantart. Which is why I have the black window decorations, darkened down my context menus and shit too.

28. Post #28
    Facepunch iSeries!
    November 2007
    4,363 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,214 Posts

I like how my wallpaper bleeds into the background of the terminal :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    What WM/DE is that?

Edited:

This one

Edited:

Nevermind, should've read. What theme is it?

31. Post #31
    LCD
    June 2011
    106 Posts
    Wrote the Conky myself. Simple, nothing too complicated or cluttering. Uninstalled Gnome Panel since AWN does everything. Wallpaper is also mine.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,603 Posts
    great desktop.
    not sure it's right for me, but it looks nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,186 Posts
    Wrote the Conky myself. Simple, nothing too complicated or cluttering. Uninstalled Gnome Panel since AWN does everything. Wallpaper is also mine.

Requesting Conky config
    (I'm lazy and not good with conky configs)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,214 Posts
    I installed conky a couple of days ago, I'm trying to get it to run as my screensaver after reading this article on the issue, but it's not working :(

35. Post #35
    LCD
    June 2011
    106 Posts
    Requesting Conky config
    (I'm lazy and not good with conky configs)
    Here's the config file with the Panel.png: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13181909/conky.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,799 Posts

37. Post #37
    October 2008
    500 Posts

How do you have the bottom dock? Im new to linux. V:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    LCD
    June 2011
    106 Posts
    How do you have the bottom dock? Im new to linux. V:
    Avant Window Manager (AWN).

It's installable through Synaptic, and with heavy tweaking, can look and function less like a dock, and more like a regular panel with extra features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    Avant Window Manager (AWN).

It's installable through Synaptic, and with heavy tweaking, can look and function less like a dock, and more like a regular panel with extra features.
    Heavy tweaking? Do you need to do more than just add a few applets and set it to stretch, in the settings?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    Heavy tweaking? Do you need to do more than just add a few applets and set it to stretch, in the settings?
    Actually, I think that's pretty much it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)