1. Post #1
    Tyrannosaur Fisherman Extraordinaire (Not Game Fish)
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    So I was going through my Playstation 1 games and found this legendary game:

The most generic fishing game ever, right?
    Wrong

This game has the generic "Free fishing" and "Tournament" mode where you go out and fish for generic fish like Large mouthbass and some slightly rarer fish that you normally wouldn't see in these games like Gars/Pikes.
    [release]
    Yep, it's America alright.

Holy rear-enders that is one HUGE Fish.

Many lures to choose from, but only real men use this lure.

HI-DEF TEXTURES[/release]

So what is so cool about this game then?
    But its real beauty lies within a mode called "World Monster Fishing"

This is pretty much the game's story mode. It takes what realism you might have encountered in free/tornie modes and rapes it as you become a fisherman for the monthly magazine "World Monster Graphics"
    [release]
    You know shit's getting real when a fish has the American flag on it.[/release]
    It's editor-in-chief is the only person who you encounter in person, Jennifer Clam.
    [release]
    A normal conversation with Jennifer.

Another Normal Conversation.[/release]

When you select a location to go fishing, she gives you a quick debriefing from what seems to be a fancy dress party in her office to go catch whatever the target fish is.
    But Pie, that doesn't sound that interesting besides the fact you've got Sarah Palin in fancy dress

Well, let me tell you that this game offers the best in fishing locations.
    Ever wanted to fish in the Great Pyramids of Egypt?
    Or how about next to a rock that looks exactly like the Statue of Liberty?
    Or if you feel classy while fishing, how about next to a Scottish castle that is right next to Big Ben?

[release]Also, the fish:

A fish weighting 1068LB? YOU DISHONOR OUR FAMIRY WITH SUCH SMARL FISH.

Leonardo da Vinci, a famous biologist notable for making portraits from fishes

MONSTER! the opposite of a Shamfur Dispray

and finally, one of the game's secret boss fish (SPOILER alert)    An actual T-rex   [/release]

So is it worth getting?
    A Playstation 1 game like this is rather niche so get it if you like these sort of games.
    This game is certainly one of the top fishing games I've played, one that says fuck realism that most boast and go for a lot of variety and fun, it certainly is a game you should try, even more so if you can stand the Hilarious intro/outros of each of the missions in World Monster Fishing.

How would I get hold of it?
    Well the game didn't sell that well exactly, and it is extremely rare to even hear about it, I never saw it being sold over here (UK) and only got it thanks to my Uncle who got it for like 99p in a bargin bin. So your best bet might be Ebay or something like that.

So how is it Graphics Wise?
    I'll be honest, quite poor. The models on some of the fish glitch badly (namly the pikes) and the world maps consist of animated photos.
    But the animated photos kinda add to the charm of the game, and considering the graphics is its major let down, it doesn't take away from the hilarious fun you can have.

What about gameplay/sound wise?
    It is quite well done gameplay wise, simple and easy to learn and with the ability to have 2 player, it can be double the hilarious fun.
    Also the soundtrack in this game is actually good, with it having some suprisingly good songs.

So really, this game is so bad it's good?
    In a sense, It is actually quite fun to play if you like these games and it is hilariously bad fun too thanks to the unserious intro/outros.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Pies_House FOR NEXT VIEWING OF EXTREME FISHING (will also update here)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,958 Posts
    Thread Music:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2008
    5 Posts
    GOTY, 1998.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    GOTY, 1998.
    2000 actually.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,451 Posts
    notGABEfish

6. Post #6
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    Well this is more popular then I expected. (aka at all)

I'll be livestreaming it now at http://www.livestream.com/pies_house for you all to get a better "taste" of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,365 Posts
    Oh god, this game was the bomb.

Played it till it broke!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I can resist everything except temptation
    January 2008
    3,665 Posts
    Oh my god, the stream is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

July 2010
    2,053 Posts
    More people on the stream!

10. Post #10
    October 2010
    2,834 Posts
    This is the best game ever.

11. Post #11
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    EVERYONE ON THE STREAM NOW.

FINAL BOSS FISHING NOW (spoiler =    T-rex   )

http://www.livestream.com/pies_house

12. Post #12
    October 2010
    2,834 Posts
    Did any take a screenshot?

13. Post #13

14. Post #14

July 2010
    2,053 Posts
    You know you're a fucking badass when you catch a 6 Tonne T-Rex with a fishing rod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,718 Posts
    What kind of tackle, or am I an idiot to suggest anything but the sub would be used?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,887 Posts
    DOES YOUR FISH HAVE DINOSAURS?

IS YOUR GAME ABOUT FISHING?

IF TH ANSWER TO ANY OF THIS IS A WIMP FUCKING "no" THEN YOU ARE NOT A MAN!

BE A MAN! PLAY BIG OL' BASS 2!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    What kind of tackle, or am I an idiot to suggest anything but the sub would be used?
    Submarine for all fish/dinosaurs.

The Grub for turtles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,958 Posts
    Oh God I missed the stream - how is your monster hunt going?

19. Post #19
    May 2009
    4,819 Posts
    Oh God I missed the stream - how is your monster hunt going?
    Those titnippled turtles man.

So damn hard to catch them, even worse to get "MONSTER!" rank of them.