1. Post #1
    July 2009
    9,912 Posts

[release]Serious Sam 3: BFE is an upcoming first person shooter, in the Serious Sam series of video games and a prequel to Serious Sam: The First Encounter, under development by Croteam. It is set to be released summer 2011.[/release]
    Trailer:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 33Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    I say it every time I see something on this game, and I'll say it again.

[h2]FUCK YES![/h2]

Edited:

What does BFE stand for anyway? 'Before First Encounter'?

3. Post #3
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,707 Posts
    Guess so.

So many badass and classic games coming out;
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Serious Sam 3
    <insert some more here>
    Chuck Norris XIZZZZZ; BFE Forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    9,912 Posts
    I say it every time I see something on this game, and I'll say it again.

[h2]FUCK YES![/h2]

Edited:

That's what people are thinking. It's set before the timelock that happened in the first game, so you're in modern egypt.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    Or it might be 'Battle For Earth'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    I hope this game serious and will provide some serious fun for serious people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    So glad it's being made by the same people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

8. Post #8
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,870 Posts
    Fucking awesome, in before people start complaining about ironsights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    Fucking awesome, in before people start complaining about ironsights.
    Pisses me off when people complain about iron sights just because CoD uses them. I think people are going to complain about the "tactic00l" weapons that were in the trailer. I think they look quite nifty though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    I can't see why people complain about ironsights seeing as the crosshair is still there and provides no difference in aim. At least the trailer made it look like the crosshair was just like in the older games.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,058 Posts
    Can't wait to own enemies by spinning around with a sledgehammer. :cool:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2010
    5,668 Posts
    Pisses me off when people complain about iron sights just because CoD uses them. I think people are going to complain about the "tactic00l" weapons that were in the trailer. I think they look quite nifty though.
    I still like this one particular game more than any other, and it doesn't have the ironsighting gimmick let alone a minimap!

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,055 Posts
    At least they finally replaced the simple-ish looks of weapons. I never really liked how he didn't use modern weapons in the previous games, but instead relied on stuff like the Tommy Gun or a hunting rifle. You'd think they'd give him the best weapons that the human race has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    3,256 Posts
    I still like this one particular game more than any other, and it doesn't have the ironsighting gimmick let alone a minimap!
    It does have ironsights though. I'm confused
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    November 2007
    309 Posts
    I'm so glad they ditched that comic style of Serious Sam 2. I hope there will be some more science-fictiony weapons though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

16. Post #16
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    At least they finally replaced the simple-ish looks of weapons. I never really liked how he didn't use modern weapons in the previous games, but instead relied on stuff like the Tommy Gun or a hunting rifle. You'd think they'd give him the best weapons that the human race has.
    Why would he need a complex-laser-flashlight-grenade launcher rifle if he can get the job done with a tommy gun and look like a badass with it at the same time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,056 Posts
    Superior to DNF in every way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Optimistic Optimistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,055 Posts
    Why would he need a complex-laser-flashlight-grenade launcher rifle if he can get the job done with a tommy gun and look like a badass with it at the same time?
    Not that complex. Just a little more modern.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    September 2009
    6,945 Posts
    I wonder if that modern-weaponry stuff is meant to be a parody of Call of Duty, considering the environments in those portions resemble your standard middle-eastern warzone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #20
    One sexy lumpy man
    August 2010
    1,466 Posts
    I fucking love Serious Sam, I can't wait for this to come out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #21
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    Not that complex. Just a little more modern.
    just not as badass as a good 'ol Tommy gun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,975 Posts
    We're talking about a game series where you can launch explosive cannonballs at lava monsters, charging bulls and beheaded suicide bombers. I don't think realism or modern weapons are much of a concern here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #23
    August 2010
    4,436 Posts
    Prequel? before TFE? YES YES YES.

Edited:

But this better have the Laser Gun and Serious Bombs, and Maybe a hd version of Ugh-Zan III?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    why are they going in this direction, this isn't what serious sam is

it's supposed to be like Duke Nukem in the sense that it's a run n' gun shoot 'em up, why are there ironsights
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2010
    4,436 Posts

it's supposed to be like Duke Nukem in the sense that it's a run n' gun shoot 'em up, why are there ironsights
    Well why not?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,941 Posts
    Well why not?
    because it isn't the serious sam style
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    10,328 Posts

Did you not watch the video? Because that's exactly what it looks like.

Just because they used the sights on ONE gun in the video doesn't mean it's a totally different style because it looked run n' gun shoot 'em up to me. In fact aiming down the sights on that one gun is the only difference I can see between it and the classic style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Iggy the mean Piggy
    September 2007
    9,080 Posts
    I think they put in iron sights just so that the CoD people would think it's a super cool CoD related game and get more sales $$$ but firing from the hip will be 10x more accurate plus how the flip can you iron sight a minigun/flamethrower/cannon? :raise:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2010
    4,436 Posts
    In that video...

0:46 Tentacles. Mental?
    0:47 Harpy tentacle creature thing. Mental?

I better get to see what mental looks like after three games plus hd remakes, making it five games, this being the sixth. :saddowns:

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,055 Posts
    In that video...

0:46 Tentacles. Mental?
    0:47 Harpy tentacle creature thing. Mental?

I better get to see what mental looks like after three games plus hd remakes, making it five games, this being the sixth. :saddowns:
    Could be a boss character. Or a tougher NPC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2010
    1,340 Posts
    I really like the more dark and realistic take.

Serious sam 2 was too cartoony

Just hoping for all the cool weapons to be in this one

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,308 Posts
    its a little bland.

it lacks the crazy, wacky and funtisity of the previous games, full of jokes

it looks cod-ish, with the enemies in high resolution
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    7,405 Posts

[release]Serious Sam 3: BFE is an upcoming first person shooter, in the Serious Sam series of video games and a prequel to Serious Sam: The First Encounter, under development by Croteam. It is set to be released summer 2011.[/release]
    Trailer:
    Ha, they used Video Copilot's sound fx in the trailer. Looks a good game though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    April 2009
    399 Posts
    I think the iron sights look fine. They don't seem to change the gameplay that much. Also, I hope they bring back most the the classic weapons.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,973 Posts
    The environment looks far more interesting (and actually destructible) than previous Serious Sams. Can't wait!

Still, I hope this game doesn't become a corridor shooter; the environments looked a little too small for a Serious Sam game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Battle For Earth.

37. Post #37
    April 2010
    1,340 Posts
    Battle For Earth.
    Best Fucking Encounter

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Big Fucking Gun Enemy

39. Post #39
    October 2009
    2,320 Posts
    I really hate the weapons in this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,058 Posts
    I really hate the weapons in this one.
    The Shotgun is wayyy better-looking than the TFE/TSE one.