1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    Lately I've gotten alot into filming and editing videos.

After the big boom came with all the high quality DSLR cams you can get for a low price, I think the possibilites for people who's interested in making amateur-productions has increased alot.

So post your own creations and productions, recieve some feedback.
    I hope this thread will encourage more people to get into making films.

I have a Canon EOS 5DMKII and 3 GoPro Hero HD's for filming, and I use Sony Vegas 10 for editing my clips.

Here's two of my videos

Jocks Drift Team - Scandinavian Drift Series Round 1

Jocks Drift Team - DHB Drift Challenge 2011
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,455 Posts

was more about the music than the video itself, but i'm happy with it.

5D2 - 50 1.4

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,672 Posts
    Made this when I first got my camera.
    No idea what made me think the sporadic change in focus and focal length was a good idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    No idea what made me think the sporadic change in focus and focal length was a good idea.
    holy shit. isn't snow super-fucking-cold? (Australian here, it was about 16c today and freezing cold ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    That's really cool actually. Looks like you had a day of fun. I like it.

Also, Ghosts n' stuff!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Hi Jo
    February 2009
    22,914 Posts
    None of these are too creative in the camerawork, but I made them:

From 3 years ago:

From last year. Also on their website it was squeezed into 4:3 even though it's actually widescreen:
    http://www.icateens.org/video/interview-max-simon

I also just recently made a project for school and I tried to get it to look like a shitty 80's infomercial.

Edited:

Oh you can also see a lot of the stuff that I made in middle school or earlier on that channel, but it sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    My DSLR doesn't do video, but I made this with a friend and borrowed his 80 camcorder, what do you guys think?:

What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2011
    832 Posts
    My DSLR doesn't do video, but I made this with a friend and borrowed his 80 camcorder, what do you guys think?:

What do you guys think?
    The only issue I have with it is the voice. To me it just sounds like he's(you're?) not that into it, or serious about it. That and the mic noise, but it's not like you had studio recording equipment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2008
    734 Posts
    Just testing out time lapse shenanigans. Basically I was just making sure everything worked (which it didn't) but it still turned out fairly neat.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,455 Posts
    Can't wait until i buy my nikon d3100, so i can get into video/filming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    The only issue I have with it is the voice. To me it just sounds like he's(you're?) not that into it, or serious about it. That and the mic noise, but it's not like you had studio recording equipment.
    The audio/editing was done by my friend, I mainly filmed it.

12. Post #12

December 2009
    820 Posts
    Made this for my Environmental Science class

Yes, it's a shorter ripoff of this

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,774 Posts
    I haven't done much with the video mode on my T2i but I have a few test videos.

This is me teaching my brother how to use manual focus.

And a couple slow motion tests.

I plan to actually go out and record something worth while soon.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Shit this reminds me, I'm heading off to uni in August and need a new bike.

15. Post #15

December 2009
    820 Posts
    This isn't mine, but I thought that this was really unique and creative. The guy basically used the 7D's fast burst rate and edited his pictures to make it look like an old film.

16. Post #16
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    Here's a short film I made for my Year 12 Media class

17. Post #17
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,429 Posts
    What program do you guys use to edit your videos? Since I got my 7D I've been taking a few videos here and there but I don't have any program to edit them. I'd get Adobe Premiere CS5 but it's only for 64bit, and I don't think CS4 is compatible with .mov files. Also Windows Movie Maker is out of the question because I can't export with it for some reason.

Is Sony Vegas any good?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    CS4 works just fine with the .mov files from your 7D, I would definitely recommend that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts
    Here's a short film I made for my Year 12 Media class

It's great, it really is. The music can be a bit over powering at times.. And the therapist is spacing his words an awful lot. It would be better if they blended better.. And voices were a bit shaky through-out. What microphone did you use?

20. Post #20
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    • It was just the shitty inbuilt mic.
    • The music is meant to be overpowering, it shows how the addiction of the music is taking over, etc. although if we haven't portrayed that well enough that it's obvious we've failed in that regard.
    • The therapist isn't an actor, he's the father of one of the guys in our group, he know he didn't do a great job, but he was the best we had.

21. Post #21
    March 2010
    1,608 Posts
    • It was just the shitty inbuilt mic.
    • The music is meant to be overpowering, it shows how the addiction of the music is taking over, etc. although if we haven't portrayed that well enough that it's obvious we've failed in that regard.
    • The therapist isn't an actor, he's the father of one of the guys in our group, he know he didn't do a great job, but he was the best we had.
    Ah, sorry. I didn't realize the therapist part. And now that you say it, the music fits a bit better, but in the beginning there is one spot in the office where his lines are a bit muddled by the music.

22. Post #22
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts

23. Post #23
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,429 Posts
    Are there any editing programs that are slightly less complicated and advanced than adobe premiere, but more advanced than windows movie maker? When I import my 7D .mov files in premiere the video preview is very laggy and I can't work with it. Also the program's learning curve is too high and I don't have time to learn it. Windows movie maker is okay but for some reason it won't let me export.

I just need a decent program that will let me import and export with a simple to use layout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    premiere elements possibly?

Edited:

As much as I hate apple shit, it sounds like iMovie would be perfect.

Edited:

(I know that you can't use that)

25. Post #25
    ~I want you inside me~
    May 2005
    17,429 Posts
    Is premiere elements just a more friendly premiere CS4? I'll give that a go, cheers.

also is sony vegas just as complicated as premiere?

26. Post #26
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,945 Posts
    pretty much, it's like photoshop elements. I haven't tried Vegas in a few years, and the version that I had was pretty dodgy, but I think it's about the same / marginally easier than premiere pro.

27. Post #27
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,674 Posts
    I grew up using Sony Acid, so Vegas isn't too hard to me to start using. However I've had projects that required lots of premiere, so I fell into necessity in learning.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Editing programs usually are very easy for standard editing. Set your in and out points in the clips, drag them to the timeline and export.

Edited:

I also have a wip video from a while ago. Don't know if I should post it or not

29. Post #29
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,455 Posts
    Don't know if I should post it or not
    Fuck it, see what happens.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Ok allright.

http://www.vimeo.com/18041972
    Password is firstvideo1

A bit of information: it was shot for a project for school where we had to set up an internet magazine with short movies, clips, photographs and articles. So we had a few days to come up with an idea and produce it.
    The video is about some guys testing the same food from different stalls. At the end, the stall the produced the worst food gets a beating.
    As I said, a very WIP and I am not going to finish it so deal with it

31. Post #31
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,609 Posts
    youtube.com/preparefortheshift

I do daily videos, most of them are shitty, so ignore them
    anything named is somewhat worth watching
    getting a GoPro for Mammoth this weekend, i'll do a video for it in 1080p 60fps magic.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,445 Posts
    I love Sony Vegas. It just fits me so well.

33. Post #33
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    I love Sony Vegas. It just fits me so well.
    I find it unbearable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Avid media composer master race

35. Post #35
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    Avid media composer master race
    final cut pro 7

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    Well yeah, but that only applies if you have a mac.
    Final Cut owns

37. Post #37
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    Well yeah, but that only applies if you have a mac.
    Final Cut owns
    the new version (FCP X) is a bit of a step backwards imo

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,516 Posts
    the new version (FCP X) is a bit of a step backwards imo
    I've heard that. They said it was a bit over-simplified and some other shit.

39. Post #39
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    I've heard that. They said it was a bit over-simplified and some other shit.
    "iMovie Pro"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,348 Posts
    It ain't exactly creative, and pretty far from professional-looking, but I did make a video guide on how to build a computer a while ago that I put up on youtube.

I had to upload in it 5 parts at the time, here they are:
    Movie Maker up in this bitch.