1. Post #1
    August 2009
    7,893 Posts

So after the obvious fap joke, we get to rasterbation part.
    Rasterbating and Rasterbation is the act of turning a regular digital picture you may have taken or found online and turn it into a huge poster. Most of the time by cutting up the image digitally and printing it out piece by piece to be put back together and form a large image.
    here are some tools used with Rasterbation:

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/ - Takes some time and tedious if your trying to bet something spot on, but prints at full quality, no dots or any of that muck

http://arje.net/rasterbator - What I use, it takes the image and makes it out of a bunch of dots, then puts it into a pdf file, very quick so if you need to troubleshoot like say, getting the correct max dot size number, its good for that, but only prints in those tiny dots, Who needs lines anyways?

Rasterbation gallery, Post your works for them to be added to the OP

My own little bit of Rasterbation

Fingers!!!'s "Akira"

So go ahead! Rasterbate all day long, it's okay, I'm sure no priest or your ultra religious grandmother will yell at you (unless you're using their printer! )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful x 35Funny x 21Late x 9Winner x 6Optimistic x 3Informative x 2Zing x 2Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    4,986 Posts
    I wanted to print some record sleeves in large format, I might do this instead

3. Post #3
    August 2009
    7,893 Posts
    I wanted to print some record sleeves in large format, I might do this instead
    Probably would be cheaper.

4. Post #4
    August 2010
    2,992 Posts
    this sounds pretty fucking awesome. i should try doing a metallica poster

Edited:

this must take a shitload of ink doesnt it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2009
    7,893 Posts
    this sounds pretty fucking awesome. i should try doing a metallica poster

Edited:

this must take a shitload of ink doesnt it
    i wouldnt say so, that post i made in the OP is 33x32" in black and white, i don't make em in color cause i like to conserve as much as i can

Edited:

but if you want to conserve ink, use the downloadable rasterbator in the op.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,840 Posts
    Would a mosaic still count as rasterbation?

7. Post #7
    I do it all
    November 2010
    12,316 Posts
    Hey this looks cool! I might try it some day.

8. Post #8
    I like to constantly remind everyone that I do illegal drugs. I squeeze it into all posts.
    Dennab
    October 2006
    4,044 Posts
    Is this hard to do? My room looks boring as fuck and this looks like a good way to spice it up a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    This works better if you have photo paper instead of copy paper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2010
    6,145 Posts
    This looks amazing, about how difficult is it to put together, say, a 5x8 set?

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    5,628 Posts
    I did one of these years ago, it was blockposters but still.

I used this picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 152Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    November 2010
    6,367 Posts
    your wall is ready
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 173Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    I'm going to give this a go today, give me a chance to try out the wifi printing on my printer!

15. Post #15
    yes
    July 2006
    983 Posts
    I used to go to the school library to print these cause I didn't want to waste my ink
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Funny x 35Agree x 4Useful x 2Winner x 2Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2008
    15,263 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    August 2009
    7,893 Posts
    This looks amazing, about how difficult is it to put together, say, a 5x8 set?
    Not "Difficult" at all, just a tad tedious if your going to be cutting off all the edges.

18. Post #18
    November 2007
    1,161 Posts
    Holy shit I always wanted to do that, but never actually knew how it was called. Thank you Op!

19. Post #19
    March 2007
    503 Posts
    I rasterbated a picture of Arnold Schwarzenegger on my wall. It's huge man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

20. Post #20
    September 2007
    2,568 Posts
    Did one of these a few years ago. It's still in my bedroom.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 62Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    I got everything I need to do this, but I need a good image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    provides mlp plot free of charge
    February 2011
    16,742 Posts
    I once did this [manually] for a friend of mine.
    He's got a 36x14 panorama poster on his wall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,202 Posts
    my walls are dangerously dull, so I might give this a shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Did one of these a few years ago. It's still in my bedroom.

people who don't know half-life 2 might think you're compensating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 74Zing x 3Agree x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,132 Posts
    I actually wanted to do this with a picture of pedobear that I was going to put on the top of my school. But the entire thing is useless if satellite images of the area aren't being taken on that day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    September 2010
    204 Posts
    Whats it called when you rasterbate, then masturbate to your work?

27. Post #27
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    25,214 Posts
    Whats it called when you rasterbate, then masturbate to your work?
    Masturbating.

If you want to describe it, then; masturbating to a rasterbation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,126 Posts
    My friend has a picture of themselves across their wall, I might do a picture for fun.

29. Post #29
    December 2009
    6,539 Posts

Generic.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,685 Posts
    I'm going to rasterbate a picture of my penis on my wall.
    That'll be a good conversation starter for guests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,703 Posts
    I need to try this. My walls are bland.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    Anyone got an extremely high-res Portal 2 picture?

33. Post #33
    January 2009
    651 Posts
    Cool, that's banksy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 7Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Probably the most arrogant mapper in the World
    June 2007
    1,655 Posts
    The fuck? The name "homokaasu" is Finnish and means "Gay Gas" in English.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 48Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,567 Posts
    I have posters everywhere the but lines through the middle of all of these would bug the fuck out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    January 2008
    720 Posts
    This looks like a cool way to spice up my boring room, might buy some photo paper and give it a try.

37. Post #37
    August 2009
    452 Posts
    people who don't know half-life 2 might think you're compensating
    Bitches dont know about my citadel

38. Post #38
    February 2008
    453 Posts
    Tried this a year ago, could never get it to look right :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,251 Posts
    my mum walked in on me rasterbating with the printer and she got angry and told me im not her son, what do I do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 77Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    25,214 Posts
    my mum walked in on me rasterbating with the printer and she got angry and told me im not her son, what do I do
    Rasterbate your birth certificate and show it to her.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 50Winner Winner x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)