1. Post #1
    CS-Nation posted:
    EA seems to have pulled Crysis 2 from the Steam store. Interestingly enough, it IS available on their own Origin download service. Curious, isn't it?

Indeed, any search of Crysis 2 on the Steam store page yields results only for the first game. There is no store page on Steam for Crysis 2, no mention of it, not even an option to purchase the game anymore. However, it seems as though those who purchased the game earlier through Steam can still access their title.

With Star Wars: The Old Republic being an Origin exclusive, and now the mysterious disappearance of Crysis 2 from Steam, is EA pulling all of its titles from Steam for the foreseeable future? It'd be rather worrying if they do, especially if Battlefield 3 goes the same route.
    Source

See for yourself http://store.steampowered.com/search...&term=crysis+2

Update,
    CS-Nation posted:
    After beeing unceremoniously pulled from Steam earlier today, Crysis 2 is another to be pulled under the umbrella of "exclusive to EA's Origin."

The listing on the EA page for Crysis 2 says "BUY NOW - ONLY ON ORIGIN" with a handy link direct to the Origin store page.

Keep in mind that Star Wars: The Old Republic is already slated to be an Origin exclusive title upon its release.

Is a mass EA exodus from Steam and other digital outlets upon us?
    http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.c...igin-Exclusive

Zips posted:
    I just got word from someone at EA. Here is their official response:

Hi Shawn -

It’s unfortunate that Steam has removed Crysis 2 from their service. This was not an EA decision or the result of any action by EA.

Steam has imposed a set of business terms for developers hoping to sell content on that service – many of which are not imposed by other online game services. Unfortunately, Crytek has an agreement with another download service which violates the new rules from Steam and resulted in its expulsion of Crysis 2 from Steam.

Crysis 2 continues to be available on several other download services including GameStop, Amazon, Origin.com and more.
    So, it seems as though this was Valve's decision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny x 127Dumb x 8Informative x 6Winner x 3Optimistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,842 Posts
    So will "exclusively on Origin" end up true?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,248 Posts
    You can still get it on other Digital download services such as D2D, so why Steam?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,941 Posts
    You can still get it on other Digital download services such as D2D, so why Steam?
    Because Steam is bigger than D2D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 126Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    Fuck and I was about to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny x 104Agree x 11Friendly x 3Disagree x 2Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,104 Posts
    Will buy any 'origin' exclusives on discs, not supporting that bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 141 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2005
    3,935 Posts
    i'd hate it if i'm forced to use ea origins instead of steam whenever i want to play crysis 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 71Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2008
    1,577 Posts
    Ah Fuck I can see where this is going.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 65Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Conservative Cunt who fucking loves piss
    November 2007
    11,560 Posts
    Probably makes you download Origin or some shit if you do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 47Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,675 Posts
    So will I be able to play crysis 2 on steam still? Because if it's forcing me to move my service over to origin to play a game I've purchased then I'm asking for a refund
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 30Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,104 Posts
    Probably makes you download Origin or some shit if you do
    If that's the case, I just won't bother. I seriously don't want that crap on my HDD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 30 (list)

12. Post #12
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    All the games in hard copies here cost almost 90 euros. No thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    August 2005
    3,935 Posts
    All the games in hard copies here cost almost 90 euros. No thanks.
    and you'd end up supporting them more than you would if you bought it from ea origins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Disregard Flagdog I'm British
    August 2010
    9,185 Posts
    I think I'll remove Battlefield 3 from my list of "Games to buy".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 145Dumb Dumb x 16Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    October 2007
    247 Posts
    Pretty much confirms that Battlefield 3 will not be on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 95Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2011
    3,639 Posts
    EA isn't too bright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 153Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,099 Posts
    I still have it in my Steam library :smugdog:

u mad EA?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 24Agree x 19Funny x 5Dumb x 2Zing x 1Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    March 2010
    1,732 Posts
    If you already have the game on steam you won't need origin to run the game, origin is just the renewed EA download manager, you don't need it to be running to run the game, it's just a platform to buy games from.

Even if you buy BF3 on Origin, you won't need the program running to run the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2007
    1,354 Posts
    if steam fails, then maybe valve will start making games instead of hats :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb x 120Optimistic x 4Agree x 3Funny x 1Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Origin better not be shit like every other non-Steam distribution service. The least they could do is make it a decent app.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    August 2010
    9,185 Posts
    If you already have the game on steam you won't need origin to run the game, origin is just the renewed EA download manager, you don't need it to be running to run the game, it's just a platform to buy games from.
    Wasn't EADM the thing where your purchased games would 'run out' and then you were forced to buy it again?

Edited:

Origin better not be shit like every other non-Steam distribution service. The least they could do is make it a decent app.
    It's terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 31Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Funny x 1Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Meh, if they make their stuff exclusive to their crappy "Origin" store they won't get a sale out of me. I only buy stuff on Steam because thats where my library is by now, and it has proven to be the best.
    Enjoy not getting my money then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 56Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Ask about my EBOLA fetish
    February 2010
    12,388 Posts
    Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor are probably next.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    I'm a loner who likes to get beat up at school
    June 2009
    11,555 Posts
    Cs-Nation. posted:
    ...With Star Wars: The Old Republic being an Origin exclusive...
    What is this? The game is still on Steam, and I actually just recently bought it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    October 2007
    247 Posts
    It's terrible.
    Actually it's very good, you haven't even used it have you? Games are pretty cheap, download infinitely faster than Steam, and do not require Origin to run.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Bad Company 2 and Medal of Honor are probably next.
    I'm fine with this If I can still play it on Steam, but if I have to download their shitty Origin thing, I'll be pissed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    2,718 Posts
    Boycotting if Battlefield 3 is on Origin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Agree x 102Dumb x 12Funny x 5Winner x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Dennab
    October 2007
    247 Posts
    EA isn't too bright.
    yeah making more money is dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    goatse
    January 2006
    32,395 Posts
    lol it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 47Informative x 3Dumb x 3Optimistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    October 2007
    247 Posts
    People's stupidity fucking amazes me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny x 25Agree x 8Disagree x 6Dumb x 6Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    November 2009
    2,472 Posts
    Let me assume something, many people will not get BF3 on PC because EA has their own digital download system leading to bad PC sales. Meanwhile PS3 and 360 sales will be unaffected then they will pull out of the PC market due to them digging their own grave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 53Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    897 Posts
    For me buying games, chances are it's either going to be a boxed copy or from Steam and that's pretty much it. I'll make an exception and buy something from Direct2Drive if it's ridiculously cheap though, I've got nothing against it. Basically I can't be dealing with making another account and having my games split into even more download services, I can't even remember what I've bought from D2D, let alone some other places I've definitely got accounts so I definitely don't want to have to sign up to Origin.

I mean, I've got accounts with something like Green Man Gaming or whatever the hell it's called and there's definitely at least one game on there. I can't remember the account details off the top of my head though so that's an issue right off the bat.

Call me simple but I don't want to make yet another account to play or buy my games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    GAYLORD
    Wikipedia Vandilisation Contest Winner
    June 2005
    14,763 Posts
    can steam and origin users still join the same servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Funny Funny x 13 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Uh guys. I don't see the point. You're all acting exactly as how people acting how steam came out. At least EA is covering EADM's tracks and trying to start over. I'd at least give it a trial and see how it turns out before being all like "waaah I don't want to download extra crap to play games" even though you already did it with steam and you aren't even bothering.
    I'm still getting Battlefield 3. Why? Because Origin isn't going to change my gameplay experience at all. Their servers are crap, but we've had to use them since Battlefield 1942.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb x 16Winner x 6Agree x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2010
    9,185 Posts
    Actually it's very good, you haven't even used it have you? Games are pretty cheap, download infinitely faster than Steam, and do not require Origin to run.
    I have 282 games on my steam account.

Why should I go to the effort of getting an account with EA and then have some Origin exclusive games on that?

That's really unorganised and it'd be much better if it was all in one library where I can access all of them from one program?

Oh and it's faster because nobody's using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 43Zing Zing x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,808 Posts
    Not buying BF3 if forced to use Origin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 70Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    776 Posts
    Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. I was afraid they would do this ever since they said Old Republic would be an exclusive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    October 2007
    247 Posts
    Let me assume something, many people will not get BF3 on PC because EA has their own digital download system leading to bad PC sales. Meanwhile PS3 and 360 sales will be unaffected then they will pull out of the PC market due to them digging their own grave.
    no

Edited:

Not buying BF3 if forced to use Origin.
    enjoy being retarded while I play BF3

Edited:

I have 282 games on my steam account.

Why should I go to the effort of getting an account with EA and then have some Origin exclusive games on that?

That's really unorganised and it'd be much better if it was all in one library where I can access all of them from one program?

Oh and it's faster because nobody's using it.
    its so much effort to type a username and password oh my god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 59Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    8,312 Posts
    and so it begins...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    710 Posts
    This is just a hunch, but maybe Crytek had it pulled. Why pull Crysis 2 and nothing else? It just doesn't make sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)