1. Post #1
    January 2008
    6,362 Posts

Well here we are at V8 and we are still going strong.

[release]
    Rules:
    Try to keep the images/videos/gifs/cave drawings you show interesting.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD POST THE NAME OF THE GAME YOU ARE SHOWING – I don’t care how obvious the game is, post the name of it. There is someone out there that will be interested and would like to know the name.

DO NOT POST BMP OR PNG IMAGES – They are massive in size and kill our 56k connections.

DO NOT QUOTE LARGE GIFS.

Do not post Spoilers for recently released games – MEDIA TAGS DO NOT WORK SO YOU CANNOT HIDE THEM.

We are allowed to post LEAKED game image AS LONG AS you DO NOT say where/how you got it. That is classed as WAREZ and you will get banned.
    [/release]

GIF TUTORIAL - Credits to WATEVAMAN.
    How to make quick .gifs: GIS Edition

Whatchu need:

-An input video in .avi format (FRAPS is what I use for game capture)
    -VirtualDub

Whatchu do:

I'm going to go ahead and assume you already have your video file in .avi format. If not, Google something called SUPER and get it into an .avi container.

With both VDub and your .avi video file at the ready, open up the VDub application (Veedub64 in my case) and you'll be greeted with a nice window that looks like this:

Can't do shit with this, so now what you want to do is take your video file and drag it into the VDub window, so now you'll have something like this:

If you're like me and you are recording fullscreen, you'll want to see both your input and output file so you can review how the .gif is going to come out. To resize the video you're seeing, right click the frame and select something managable like 50%:

As you can see in the shot above, there are now actually two frames on the screen. The one on the left (that you just resized to see the right one) is the video based on the input file. The one on the right is what you'll be seeing when you export your .gif. Keep this in mind as you work around.

Now that you have the program set up alright, it's time to get down to the .gif making. There are three main buttons that will help you when creating a .gif in VDub:

Home
    End
    Delete

Home is used to start a selection, End is used to stop the selection, and Delete will delete the selection. If you're deleting from the beginning of your .avi file, you don't need to start the selection with Home, simply create the endpoint by pressing End. In order to get finer control over which frames you're deleting, use the left and right arrow keys to go frame by frame. This can also be used to delete any duplicated frames, but be warned, as this can cause unwanted speed artifacts when you compile the .gif.

When you have narrowed down the area you wish to make a .gif of, it's time to make it reasonable enough to fit on the web. To do this, we're gonna have to resize and/or crop the frame. At the top of VDub, select Video>Filters. Then, select Add and scroll down to the Resize filter.

Because I'm using such a large native resolution, I usually choose a relative size of 25%. You can use any size that you choose, but remember that .gifs can get very large very fast and you don't want people having to load a 20MB .gif of your dancing elf in WoW.

You should notice now that the right frame has decreased in size:

This is good, as now you have a full feature preview of what your .gif will look like. If it's not looking good, you can go back to Video>Filters, select the Resize filter and then the "Cropping..." option to make it fit snug.

Once you're done with all this, go to File>Export>Animated GIF. Make sure you have selected "Infinite loop" or else the .gif will stop short.

Then, find the location you want to save it and hit Save. There you go, now you should have a .gif that you can upload to your site of choice and share with the world (aka this thread).

If you have any questions, just ask.

You can also make .gifs in some versions of Photoshop (I have CS4 and can), but there are tutorials all over the place for that, so I won't make one of those.
    [release]
    Screenshot Archives
    V1: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/762428-General-Ingame-Screenshots!?
    V2: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/832...creenshots!-v2
    V3: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/870...Primal-Edition
    V4: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/952...ink-of-a-title
    V5: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...V5.?highlight=
    V6: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/108...an-2048-x-4000
    V7: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...-game-is-that-!
    V8: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...-Whore-Edition
    [/release]

You bitches know the deal, go post some pictures :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #2
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    Wait, why aren't media tags working anymore for pictures?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2008
    6,362 Posts
    Star Wars KoTOR

HL2: Episode 2 - Synergy - I broke it all

Trying to catch the Strider Brain

DC Universe Online

Empire: Total War

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2007
    123 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2008
    6,362 Posts
    1 answer - Garry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    October 2009
    6,412 Posts
    Because garry decided so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

7. Post #7
    January 2008
    6,362 Posts
    I think we are doing pretty well, a thread every 4 weeks. Its been a fun ride :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    15,899 Posts
    i'm not the expert, but i don't think that's how you fly a chopper

ArmA 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,668 Posts
    I think we are doing pretty well, a thread every 4 weeks. Its been a fun ride :buddy:

Speed picked up with V6. Before that we had a new thread every like.. 7 months or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    ArmA 2 is usually more comic than simulating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Look at me I paid $5 for a title
    April 2011
    204 Posts
    Metro 2033

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 27Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2008
    6,362 Posts
    Metro 2033 is a beautiful game but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 13 (list)

13. Post #13
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    1 answer - Garry.
    Why did I even ask...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,936 Posts
    Reposting from last thread

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,765 Posts

Alice: MR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2008
    1,135 Posts
    Metro 2033 is a beautiful game but I just couldn't get into it for some reason.
    I couldn't get into it because of its lack of advanced video options. Couldn't turn off SSAO without reducing all of the other settings and that was what was causing me problems, annoyed me pretty badly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    507 Posts
    How I suck at Dirt 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    I have to keep trying on reaching the worst graphics possible in Crysis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 86Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    PERKELE
    May 2009
    5,832 Posts
    I want dirt 2 or 3

Edited:

uh what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,405 Posts
    How I suck at Dirt 2
    Were you driving like that on purpose or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

21. Post #21

"Well you're fucked! Have a nice life, okay?!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 60 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2010
    4,861 Posts

Alice: MR
    Monster Hunter all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts

"Well you're fucked! Have a nice life, okay?!"
    Is that World War 1, which game if so?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

24. Post #24
    April 2006
    15,899 Posts
    is that Wings of Prey?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,066 Posts
    Is that World War 1, which game if so?
    Looks like Rise of Flight. I would very much like to buy it. But I have no joystick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    507 Posts
    Were you driving like that on purpose or something?
    Uhm, no. Thats the way I drive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,067 Posts
    Looks like Rise of Flight. I would very much like to buy it. But I have no joystick.
    Do you have any controllers? Anything's better than a mouse!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #28
    April 2006
    15,899 Posts
    i got a good Logitech one from Newegg for like $20
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    is that Wings of Prey?
    Don't think so, but speaking of, I got that game today and I'm gonna play it tomorrow, it just finished downloading. I bought IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover but that game is way too complicated for me as a beginner, I tried the WoP demo and it was alot easier
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

30. Post #30
    There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning
    November 2006
    1,352 Posts
    I have to keep trying on reaching the worst graphics possible in Crysis.
    What the
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2010
    558 Posts
    The Witcher 2

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    :wtc:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Late Late x 16Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,320 Posts

I hate this game sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 33 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,066 Posts

Pro fencing skills in M&B: With Fire & Sword.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    17,111 Posts
    The body to the right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,066 Posts
    The body to the right.
    He attempted a spiral kick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,324 Posts
    MechWarrior Living Legends

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    515 Posts
    Graphics whore edition you say?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 41 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,184 Posts

Rise of flight truely is an amazing game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,337 Posts

Rise of flight truely is an amazing game.
    I've always been interested in it, is it sold on Steam? I can't find it in the Store.
    And ofcourse I had hoped to use the Summer Sales as excuse to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events