1. Post #1
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    [release][tab]Name:[/tab] Spacebuild Omen

[tab]Version:[/tab] 1

[tab]Description:[/tab] A spacebuild map in our mysterious solar system...

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] Spacebuild 2 / RD2

[tab]Download:[/tab]
    [tab]Mirror:[/tab] MediaFire
    [/release]

Old version :

By Someco

Welcome to our solar system my friends!

After so many years of research, a scientist has finally found a way to explore the

universe. Now it's your mission to discover the secrets of our solar system.
    Build your spaceship and fly through the universe!

I hope you enjoy!

Update News

Version 2

- Added an admin room
    - Added a On/Off button for the "view distance"
    - Added a button to disable "Skybox teleport zone"
    - Added a black hole (with config buttons in admin room)
    - Added bump maps on planet textures
    - Added some easter eggs
    - Added nodes on all planets
    - Added some details on planets
    - Jupiter is now a bit harder to get in
    - Players can now pickup pyramids with "+use"
    - New ending

Version 1

- First release

Features
    --------

- Tested with Spacebuild 2 / RD2
    - 8 beautiful planets and asteroids
    - Two habitable planets
    - Life on Earth (Deletable with buttons)
    - Custom attributes on each planet (Gravity, Air, Temperature)
    - Day/Night system and sunsets
    - Special atmospheres
    - Custom models
    - Optimisation system
    - Secrets and more...

Screenshots
    --------------

Where is the admin room ? On Earth!

Installation
    ------------
    Extract to your addons folder.

Go ahead! And explore!

Thanks to
    JTH's Planetary Pixel Emporium
    PVKII for "aztec" textures

Feedback and suggestions =)
    You can email me at Someco777@gmail.com
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Mapping King x 56Artistic x 3Winner x 2Disagree x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

April 2010
    23 Posts
    That looks really REALLY awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,333 Posts
    Pretty neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2009
    59 Posts
    Neato! Gonna play this soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    Fucking downloaded, holy fucking shit this is a fucking great map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    May 2010
    399 Posts
    You've got my download. Looking forward to sending my menagerie of landers and probes to these planets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    December 2009
    897 Posts
    finally a new space map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2010
    37 Posts
    Fantastic map, I can't wait until it's finished downloading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    The only thing I dislike about the map is the distance at which you can see the planets from, if there was a button on the map that makes it infinite that would be neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    This is absolutely amazing, I would say this is the best space build map out there. There is loads to discover and lots of cool little things in the process. It's quite mind boggling. I also love the alien camp. There is one question that is bugging me though, what does that big combine infrastructure on the planet with life do? It has a satterlite above it, and I have pressed the button but nothing happens. I have spent about a hour searching for stuff and found 4 artefacts, do they have anything to do with it and do they actually do anything? Would be great if you could answer my question. I don't like how close you have to get to a planet to find it, it is hard. And it means that you don't REALLY know when you have found all of them.

But, overall. You are a excellent mapper and this map is extremely unique, beautiful and great! Features a big area and lots to do.

11. Post #11
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    This is absolutely amazing, I would say this is the best space build map out there. There is loads to discover and lots of cool little things in the process. It's quite mind boggling. I also love the alien camp. There is one question that is bugging me though, what does that big combine infrastructure on the planet with life do? It has a satterlite above it, and I have pressed the button but nothing happens. I have spent about a hour searching for stuff and found 4 artefacts, do they have anything to do with it and do they actually do anything? Would be great if you could answer my question. I don't like how close you have to get to a planet to find it, it is hard. And it means that you don't REALLY know when you have found all of them.

But, overall. You are a excellent mapper and this map is extremely unique, beautiful and great! Features a big area and lots to do.

I think these screenshots may help. :)

12. Post #12
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,123 Posts
    I think these screenshots may help. :)

Fifth Element much?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    The only thing I dislike about the map is the distance at which you can see the planets from, if there was a button on the map that makes it infinite that would be neat.
    This is a feature of the map. When you are on Earth, you do not see the other planets. Instead you see a night sky. It also gives the feeling of being lost in the universe.

But a button on the map is a good idea indeed.

Thank you for all your comments!

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,745 Posts
    Please add another host, I don't get my steam verification code in my mail. If you want you can PM me the link. You can see in my profile that I have gmod.

15. Post #15
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    Please add another host, I don't get my steam verification code in my mail. If you want you can PM me the link. You can see in my profile that I have gmod.
    Added a mirror link!

16. Post #16
    August 2009
    13 Posts
    Could you make it and test it for rd3/sb3 too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

July 2011
    14 Posts
    i cant find the white artefact

a little help please?

18. Post #18
    I JERK MY COCK UNTIL IT'S SORE TO MLP RULE 34
    July 2010
    3,754 Posts
    Are any servers running this map?

Cause this is amazing!

19. Post #19
    May 2010
    399 Posts
    I do like the effort you've put into some of the planet environments, like the ice planet, the tentacle lifeforms and fish but sometimes the planet shells don't show up for me. It could be one of my addons interfering with them but it seems to be random.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    Someco can you add a button to disable the planet view distance optimization?(It gets annoying.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,140 Posts
    OH WOW

Black & White soundtracks, you made my day! Wouldja happen to have the soundtrack for download somewhere?

22. Post #22
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    Someco can you add a button to disable the planet view distance optimization?(It gets annoying.)
    Already added for the next version in a new admin room.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2011
    9 Posts
    Where is the red artefact, I seriously cant find it.

Edit: Found it :D

24. Post #24
    July 2011
    1 Posts
    where are all the statues?

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    Can't wait for version B.

Edited:

Someco, are you able to add a killer trigger inside the admin room, so admins have to enable godmode to go in(prevents others from going in).

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    30 Posts
    hey could you make it that you can have no npcs, as i find that they get really annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2008
    264 Posts
    do you think it would be possable to make it so when you fly into Jupiter, that its winds dont just launch you out of the bottom of the planet?

I would really like to try and build something to withstand the winds, and possably orbit around with all of the rocks inside. besides that, I love this map. the fog option will be a good addition to map, and the whole artifact thing is so cool. Great Job, can't wait for the new version!

28. Post #28
    June 2011
    9 Posts
    Did you ever think about adding like a sun? Maybe later in the future adding some more planets and interesting stuff like secrets and such. I think you should this map is awesome

29. Post #29
    July 2008
    141 Posts
    -snip

30. Post #30
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    Did you ever think about adding like a sun? Maybe later in the future adding some more planets and interesting stuff like secrets and such. I think you should this map is awesome
    Add another planet might be difficult. I do not know if there would be enough space. There is already a sun in the universe, but the sky is an opaque texture and I am not able to make it "self illuminated" and transparent at the same time.

I'll see what I can do.

31. Post #31
    June 2011
    9 Posts
    Add another planet might be difficult. I do not know if there would be enough space. There is already a sun in the universe, but the sky is an opaque texture and I am not able to make it "self illuminated" and transparent at the same time.

I'll see what I can do.
    Does map already use the full hammer grid? It would be really cool to have updates of new planets and stuff. Even a blackhole would kick ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    December 2010
    12 Posts
    Does map already use the full hammer grid? It would be really cool to have updates of new planets and stuff. Even a blackhole would kick ass.
    Yes! A blackhole would be nice.
    I collect all the new ideas and then I make a list.

- Admin room
    - Blackhole
    - More secrets
    - Rare items
    - A new planet (maybe)

I try to optimize the map as possible. I use the full hammer grid so people who play on a computer made ​​of wood could lag a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,577 Posts
    I've got a mirror if you'd like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    The people with wooden computers dont matter. I'd rather be able to see planets :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

July 2010
    10 Posts
    By far, the best freakin Spacebuild map ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Can't wait for version B.

Edited:

Someco, are you able to add a killer trigger inside the admin room, so admins have to enable godmode to go in(prevents others from going in).
    That is a horrible idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,387 Posts
    That is a horrible idea.
    It prevents mingebags from screwing with the admin room.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    Want a Tablet?
    November 2009
    2,028 Posts
    Someco, may I add you on Steam. Please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    February 2008
    72 Posts
    You should add some neat easter-eggs for us science fiction watchers out there, like maybe a certain blue police box randomly moving around the map, teleporting and spinning through space, or maybe a cave on earth that goes down like the one on mars, but not as deep to end at a certain face pulsing green light, or maybe find a long-abandoned mining ship.

Actually, a ship wreck might be neat, with some awesome items in it, maybe a few dead bodies and weapons.

Also, you should have that guy sitting near where you teleport in when you try to noclip say something. He looks like he has a story to tell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,569 Posts
    It prevents mingebags from screwing with the admin room.
    Oh no, someone's going to have fun in Garry's Mod!

The matter of blocking access to an admin's room should be an admin's job, putting barriers like this into the map itself will only be a pain in the ass for players and admins alike.