1. Post #1

April 2011
    280 Posts
    This was a simple project i wanted to make for garry's mod servers
    Its a server config file generator i made in HTML.
    The web page is pretty simple to use and it probably makes the cleanest server config file you ever seen

Just in case if you guy's/girl's/it's don't know how to save it as a config file.

Simply past the code in notepad the then hit save as. make sure save as type is set to all and name it server.cfg then save it in the cfg folder of your Garry's mod

Here is the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?1plbzd96xr35bfr

Edit:

Here is a working link

http://www.filedropper.com/gmodcfgmaker

Another Edit:

Thanks to banana lord. the cfg maker is now hosted on his server. check it out if you like. :D

http://www.bananatree.im/gmod/cfg/

I am also gonna put more links up so i don't have to depend on just one downloaded link.

Hope this helps you on your future Garry's mod servers :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 7Useful x 3Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Funny x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2008
    1,269 Posts
    Very nice!

Helps a lot for people that are new to servers.

3. Post #3

April 2011
    280 Posts
    Very nice!

Helps a lot for people that are new to servers.
    thanks. :D

4. Post #4
    June 2011
    759 Posts
    Good, but if somebody cannot change between "1" and "0" in a simple file, he probably shouldn't have a server. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2008
    1,269 Posts
    Good, but if somebody cannot change between "1" and "0" in a simple file, he probably shouldn't have a server. :D
    I think it's more about the commands itself that people don't understand normally.

Maybe add a better description at some of the commands (sv_up/download)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,017 Posts
    Add a button to generate a random rcon password with a fair bit of complexity, perhaps allowing users to select how complex it is on a scale of 1-3 (A-Za-z, A-Za-z0-9_,A-Za-z0-9_*&^%$"!:@~{}[];'#?><,./)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7

April 2011
    280 Posts
    Add a button to generate a random rcon password with a fair bit of complexity, perhaps allowing users to select how complex it is on a scale of 1-3 (A-Za-z, A-Za-z0-9_,A-Za-z0-9_*&^%$"!:@~{}[];'#?><,./)
    That is a really good idea I might just do that :D

8. Post #8
    July 2011
    34 Posts
    A button to disable RCON would be good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2010
    897 Posts
    Oh shit, nice.
    This is going to come in handy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,181 Posts
    If you must use rcon you're supposed to advise NOT setting it in server.cfg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

January 2012
    3 Posts
    the link is broken... but for what i see on the images its a pretty good work

12. Post #12

January 2012
    3 Posts
    oh thank you

13. Post #13

April 2011
    280 Posts
    oh thank you
    your welcome :D

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,950 Posts
    If you'd like I could host this, add me on Steam if you're interested

15. Post #15
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,580 Posts
    I'll setup this on my webserver tommorow and hopefully change the design alittle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,840 Posts

erm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    July 2011
    138 Posts
    Hey, the default password is " "

18. Post #18
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,421 Posts
    In-case anyone is having issues downloading + using it, http://www.bananatree.im/gmod/cfg/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

April 2011
    280 Posts
    In-case anyone is having issues downloading + using it, http://www.bananatree.im/gmod/cfg/
    Thanks Banana Lord. Knoxed is going to put it up on his website as well. :D

20. Post #20
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,580 Posts
    Thanks Banana Lord. Knoxed is going to put it up on his website as well. :D
    Yeah, was hoping to put it up yesterday, but then I noticed there are loads of spelling mistakes and stuff like that. I will fix it and put it on today.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    157 Posts
    Your generator is ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ useful. But.. How uch time you spent making THIS!?

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    function generate(form){
    SERVER = document.inputForm.SERVER.value;
    RCPASSW =document.inputForm.RCPASSW.value;
    SVPASSW =document.inputForm.SVPASSW.value;
    MPFLASH = document.inputForm.MPFLASH.options[document.inputForm.MPFLASH.selectedIndex].value;
    MPTIME =document.inputForm.MPTIME.value;
    hidden = document.inputForm.hidden.checked;
    SVREGION = document.inputForm.SVREGION.options[document.inputForm.SVREGION.selectedIndex].value;
    SVLAN = document.inputForm.SVLAN.options[document.inputForm.SVLAN.s

<...>

WGL =document.inputForm.WGL.value;
    output = '//Basic settings\n' +
    ""
    output +=
    ((SERVER) ? '"hostname"         "'+ SERVER +'"       //Server name' : '') +
    '\n' +
    ((RCPASSW) ? '"rcon_password"   "'+ RCPASSW + '"     //Remote control password ' : '') +
    <...>
    can't unsee