1. Post #1
    Shacknews Rocks!
    March 2010
    12,739 Posts

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RockPaperShotgun/~3/Qkw_etYr_ck/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,412 Posts
    Alright, let me tell you things you need to know about People Soup:

First of all, honestly you need at least four gigs of RAM. It includes Kingo's patched exe's to let SoC use more than two gigs of RAM, even with four gigs you'll have ~45 second quickload times and 3-4 minute loading times for new areas. It's a lot better with eight gigs of RAM. (I guess)

Second of all, if you get this, get this too: http://www.mediafire.com/?bg137q9jstxnj2c
    I made it, fixes some crashes.

Third, if you decided to do the cave (Which you should to be manly), don't ignore the backback in front of you. That contains an exoskeleton, minigun, couple thousand rounds for it and artifacts. Equip them all.

Four, the desert eagle XIX (AKA Super Deagle) is the best weapon:

See? Best weapon.

Finally, it will crash. A lot, as you could see by that video. Press F5 a lot.

Oh yes, and these are all the guns in it:

This is the entire world map:

This is one of the adventures I had in one of the new areas it added: (Incoming images)

Let us venture into the unknown places in The Soup. Otherwise known as the ATP.

Find the computer disk! That's the task Adrenaline gave me, which is how I found out how to get here.

Looks... cool I guess?

Venture down the road a little bit, nothing out of th-

SDAFASDGSA

So after that thing pops up and eats my suit, I reload the autosave and try again...

Now, this was no ordinary boar. This here boar was about three times the size of a normal one and took seven buckshot's to the face, after he got done killed three dogs and two cats.

Oh hey, a... something...

He wasn't very nice.

Neither were the others with their... magic laser sights...

Oh man, there's a talking whale here? That's cool.

After I get done with that meat grinder of a chokepoint, I loot the bodies...

And find that, which I can't play. Found an exoskeleton though.

I go in one of the buildings I heard a radio in...

Silly bandit, you can't walk through that!

Freeman'd.

What an... interesting poster.

Oh look, a family values commercial! I search around the base a bit more, and realize something...

This is just the vehicle station map from MP. Oh you silly Russians!

Silly Russians with your invisible walls.

A shack! With a... space anomaly? :psyduck:

Poor random loner. But hey! He has the disk I came here fo-

ASDFSAGHSAD

(Now, you can't see them in that screenshot, but once I picked that disk up about ~10 bandits spawned around the shack. About 10 quickloads and me going deaf due to all the firing, I made it out alive)

Search around a bit more, go back to where I started from...

Aw, you aren't a whale at all. He tells me to go to some camp using this van:

So I hop in my rusty van and almost die to a couple eletro anomalies.

Some camp. Talked to one of the badly translated guys, had a few drinks with him...

B... Beard? I may be drunk... but that looks like you, Beard... He tells me:

Oh. But I already... whatever. I go back to the station, kill a few bandits I missed, go into one of the buildings...

Well then. (Also I am radishes)

Killed the bandit leader guy, still am radishes...

I have found my new favorite artifact. Loot some more bodies, wait around for the helicopter...

Oh hey! There's actually a helicopter.

Sup Eli.

Oh, um... okay. I go back to Beard, he tells me to find this courier that's supposed to look like a rookie and bring him back...

Striker? Yeah. Some rookie.

He gives me a pretty cool artifact. (Ignore all my boar hooves ok)

Do do do do...

Oh hey, a zombie ghos-

WHAT IS THAT

So after dealing with three chimeras, I go back to Beard...

Oh. Heh. That's fun. He then tells me that the military are planning to attack the ATP, and that I need to go find some special sniper rifle.

Sadly, I search for half an hour and only find an empty backpack:

:smith:

Adrenaline had this other mission to get a minigun from Sakharov, and that he'd give me a sniper rifle if I did it... I think that's how you get the super special rifle that I need for some reason.

So, tired of silly Russian dialogue I go back to the Bar to unload my loot and have a drink.

So you see, People Soup is for manly men and true stalkers alike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,237 Posts
    tl;dr - Lots of your average Russian mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I really need to try this once I finish AMK.

Also the "200 hour" statement is a bit misleading. If you factor in the loading times it's more like 80

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,690 Posts
    I'm posting here because it's STALKER related. Also, I would never be able to play this.

6. Post #6
    July 2007
    658 Posts
    I wish this mod worked better, cause seriously it's probably the best mod out there. And that desert eagle was the shit!

7. Post #7
    December 2009
    7,490 Posts
    I really need to try this once I finish AMK.

Also the "200 hour" statement is a bit misleading. If you factor in the loading times it's more like 80
    I've never had much of a problem with loading times when it came to People Soup. Of course, that may be from not having prefetching enabled. Oddly enough, disabling that improved loading times and ceased all crashes...

8. Post #8
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    Zp file what in the average number of controllers?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

August 2006
    1,439 Posts
    I always tried to install this. Never went well.

By never went well, I mean the inside of my computer combusted.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    15,562 Posts
    Another Stalker mod which reduces even the most high-end computer to tears and crashes more often than it actually works properly.

I'll pass thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2011
    489 Posts
    Oh god I could NEVER run this with my computer.

12. Post #12
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,412 Posts
    Zp file what in the average number of controllers?
    I don't remember many of them.

But they love you so you'll probably have packs of controllers running around like dogs.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    596 Posts
    Another Stalker mod which reduces even the most high-end computer to tears and crashes more often than it actually works properly.

I'll pass thanks.
    A true Stalker mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,019 Posts
    did any mod ever actually implement good stealth?

I'll pass thanks.
    i mean, that's sort of what stalker is about.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    596 Posts
    did any mod ever actually implement good stealth?

i mean, that's sort of what stalker is about.
    Oblivion Lost attempted it fairly well, it's not nearly what I'd call "effective" but it's as close as I've seen that doesn't make the enemies completely oblivious.

16. Post #16
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,412 Posts
    Oh, and this mod turns the Freeman into a live NPC:

And you can buy his crowbar off him. Yeah. And use it.

Edited:

Oblivion Lost attempted it fairly well, it's not nearly what I'd call "effective" but it's as close as I've seen that doesn't make the enemies completely oblivious.
    Best mod for stealth is LURK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    596 Posts
    Best mod for stealth is LURK.
    I'll have to look into that, a working stealth element in Stalker would be fantastic.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,055 Posts
    Eli is the best stalker ever.

19. Post #19
    July 2007
    20 Posts
    I see this mod has added 13 new factions. Does this mean there's faction wars included as well?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    598 Posts
    XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00E47D15, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Every time I start that game I get that message. I did EVERYTHING correctly to the letter. Even the -noprefetch for the shortcut. I've never played a stalker mod that has new areas, and this is pissing me off bigtime. What do I do?

I have one of those shitty ATI Radeon 5980 HD's. Yeah, you know the one I'm on about. The one that splits up the total VRAM between the two halves of the cards, then never uses the half. And with a game like STALKER that DEMANDS VRAM, people like me who have these cards get royally fucked up the ass, because the card ALWAYS uses just ONE HALF of the VRAM, so the application crashes because of the lack of vram. Such bullshit. I hope someone sends a letterbomb to the ATI headquaters for being so sloppy.

21. Post #21
    XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Program Files\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00E47D15, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Every time I start that game I get that message. I did EVERYTHING correctly to the letter. Even the -noprefetch for the shortcut. I've never played a stalker mod that has new areas, and this is pissing me off bigtime. What do I do?

I have one of those shitty ATI Radeon 5980 HD's. Yeah, you know the one I'm on about. The one that splits up the total VRAM between the two halves of the cards, then never uses the half. And with a game like STALKER that DEMANDS VRAM, people like me who have these cards get royally fucked up the ass, because the card ALWAYS uses just ONE HALF of the VRAM, so the application crashes because of the lack of vram. Such bullshit. I hope someone sends a letterbomb to the ATI headquaters for being so sloppy.
    You have angered the Soup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts
    Anyone know if the current upload of the mod on torrent includes the expansion pack?

And I'm not sure what else I should be downloading besides the main mod, I see tons of translations and patches and shit.

23. Post #23
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    I don't remember many of them.

But they love you so you'll probably have packs of controllers running around like dogs.
    Fuck that shit then

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,512 Posts
    We need that map without transitions in Stalker 2.