1. Post #1
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I'm relatively new here and not sure how some things work in terms of requests, but I feel I should give this a shot. I don't blame you if you think I sound like a noob.

Are there any SpongeBob SquarePants games that people here can rip good models from? Mainly the characters?

I got the urge to ask this because I saw a lobster bus from "Battle For Bikini Bottom" in a model pack on Apoc and RTB's Model Porting Group and it got me wondering if someone could rip more stuff from that game, like characters?

I'd appreciate the help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2010
    485 Posts
    Search befor making a thread please

Some models

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=60807

And a map

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=104463

They are not perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Bulgaria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    Search befor making a thread please

Some models

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=60807

And a map

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=104463

They are not perfect.
    I would acctually wanna see something more accurate. In addition, I would like to see the following characters:

Patrick
    Sandy
    Mr. Krabs
    Plankton
    Mrs. Puff
    Mindy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I would acctually wanna see something more accurate. In addition, I would like to see the following characters:

Patrick
    Sandy
    Mr. Krabs
    Plankton
    Mrs. Puff
    Mindy
    Dang right I'm looking for something more accurate than that. That's part of the reason I was asking. (That Krusty Krab is pretty decent though. I already have it.)

And yes, those characters along with SB (and maybe stick Squidward and a jellyfish in there) would be nice. Most of them can be found in that "Battle For Bikini Bottom" game I mentioned, except for Mindy, who can be found in the movie game, but it was made by the same guys as BfBB and for the same consoles, so it shouldn't be an issue.

5. Post #5
    August 2008
    210 Posts
    LuigiMario Ported some from Battle of Bikini Bottom but they're unreleased right now, and you have to ask him

6. Post #6
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts
    Mindy, I chose, because gmod needs more mermaids.

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    LuigiMario Ported some from Battle of Bikini Bottom but they're unreleased right now, and you have to ask him
    Oh really? How may I go about asking him then?
    Mindy, I chose, because gmod needs more mermaids.
    I remember getting Ariel from Kingdom Hearts II in an InvisGhost model pack, but yeah, we need more of those. Just imagine being able to put those two in a scene together!

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    823 Posts
    There's the Bus from Spongebob in this pack:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Apo...23531137000168
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Rosebud Frozen Peas...
    July 2011
    1,373 Posts
    Oh really? How may I go about asking him then?
    Just imagine being able to put those two in a scene together!
    Welp... I guess It'd be just as awkward as having Chuck Norris bump into Captain Falcon. Lol... But nevermind me, though.

Just a mere question out of ignorance, but why would someone waste their precious time to port/create models that, in the end, would almost never see the light of day to begin with? Unless I am misinterpreting a piece of information, this is something that I'm not too sure about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I have Mr. Krabs, Spongebob, Squid, and sandy ported but I'm trying to get the models from the GC game, I had to get teh crappy ones from the PC version, I also have the models from all the other PC spongebob games available. but sadly my texture dumper doesn't work, but I guess if I get around to it I might release some. I'm just planning on using them for animations and such for TF2 (not that I'm trying to do a Spongebob TF2 pack or anything, replacing all the classes, and I'm definitely not making plankton the demoman )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Rosebud Frozen Peas...
    July 2011
    1,373 Posts
    I have Mr. Krabs, Spongebob, Squid, and sandy ported but I'm trying to get the models from the GC game, I had to get teh crappy ones from the PC version, I also have the models from all the other PC spongebob games available. but sadly my texture dumper doesn't work, but I guess if I get around to it I might release some. I'm just planning on using them for animations and such for TF2 (not that I'm trying to do a Spongebob TF2 pack or anything, replacing all the classes, and I'm definitely not making plankton the demoman )
    Ohh, I see! *Facepalms in reaction to own self-stupidity*

(At least I'm exhibiting some form of dignity, however great or small it may be... :P)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts

Edited:

like I said these are crappy ones

13. Post #13
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,522 Posts

Edited:

Mindy is very polygonial. Any pics of Sandy?

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    Well, at least you're working on getting the better ones. Thanks for letting me know!

...And Plankton as Demoman? I see what you did there.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    spongebob makes a cameo in this video

I'm going to teach myself animation so I might make some player models or something for gmod aswell as tf2

16. Post #16
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts

Edited:

They don't look to bad otherwise. Is the problem fixable?

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    Oh god I forgot about this, its been such a long time xD

Edited:

They don't look to bad otherwise. Is the problem fixable?
    yeah it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    Oh god I forgot about this, its been such a long time xD

Edited:

yeah it is
    dont let this guy near heavy when eating the dolkovah bar...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts

Edited:

the Mr. Krabs model at the end is from Creature from the Krusty Krab PC

Edited:

also the size in the picture is not the actual size of the model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Hmm... These aren't completely bad, but the console versions are still what I ultimately want. However, these would be alright to have until those get ripped and ready for GMod.

21. Post #21
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Neat! The possibilities with these Spongebob Models are endless.

22. Post #22
    April 2011
    2,522 Posts

Edited:

Edited:

Swet! how about Robo-Sandy from BfBB?

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    Swet! how about Robo-Sandy from BfBB?
    Nice suggestion. There's actually quite a number of stuff from Heavy Iron's SpongeBob games that I'd love to have, but since I don't want my request to seem too big, I'll stick with simple stuff like characters.

I might as well make a list of the characters I myself want. Surprised I didn't do it in the first post...
    -SpongeBob
    -Patrick
    -Squidward
    -Sandy
    -Mr. Krabs
    -Plankton
    -Mindy
    -a jellyfish

I might add more if this still doesn't seem like much.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    Hmm... These aren't completely bad, but the console versions are still what I ultimately want. However, these would be alright to have until those get ripped and ready for GMod.
    same here, I love squidward, but the quality of his models on the PC versions are utter disgraces, I had to fix the one I had's eyes to be smaller, the squidward in the pic is the edited one

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    this is such a great model, I ripped the textures earlier

but no luck with the models, I have a friend helping with making a decompiler
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2011
    1,003 Posts

Just want to say this.

I saw your website and I saw that you were working on Berri from the Conker games. Cool!

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts

The Lights, Camera, Pants models? Those could work, too, I guess. Whatever game you think has better models or is easier to rip from. I'm not that picky. It would be interesting to get Plankton's robot suit from it.

If you were to use the LCP models, would the textured eyelids like Squidward's be something you'd have to change bodygroups to work with? Even if you don't know, I'd figure that would be the case. I've seen it happen with other models.

28. Post #28
    August 2008
    210 Posts

Another great job Luigimario. :)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    The Lights, Camera, Pants models? Those could work, too, I guess. Whatever game you think has better models or is easier to rip from. I'm not that picky. It would be interesting to get Plankton's robot suit from it.

If you were to use the LCP models, would the textured eyelids like Squidward's be something you'd have to change bodygroups to work with? Even if you don't know, I'd figure that would be the case. I've seen it happen with other models.
    I have to make flexes for them to work, same as I did for yoshi

30. Post #30
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,629 Posts
    These models bring back so many memories of playing Employee of the Month

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I'm surprised no one mentioned Goofy Goober

also in relevance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I still need to face pose them and eye pose them

Edited:

lol look what I found in the textures of Lights Cameras Pants

33. Post #33
    April 2011
    2,522 Posts
    I still need to face pose them and eye pose them

Edited:

lol look what I found in the textures of Lights Cameras Pants

What the hell, why are there evil Koalas in a spongebob game? is it an unused texture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    What the hell, why are there evil Koalas in a spongebob game? is it an unused texture?
    ...No, it was used. It was sort of the game's take on the show's weird still-frame moments. In a cutscene, when someone said "evil lairs," Mermaidman thought they said "evil bears" and thought he saw those koalas.

That's not even the only time they did a still-frame gag in the game. If you choose Patrick to be featured in a certain cutscene, there's a shot of legs with muscle-y thighs. I wonder if luigimario happened across that yet when browsing textures...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    you know I might end up coming back to gmod porting, with Spongebob, doubt I'll do nintendo ports though, I rather make my own models

Edited:

I think I found a way to get teh models

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    you know I might end up coming back to gmod porting, with Spongebob, doubt I'll do nintendo ports though, I rather make my own models

Edited:

I think I found a way to get teh models
    I'd ask you about this new way, but I probably would understand it. That's why I made a request for someone to do it for me! XD

Still, hope whatever you found out works.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    they are .DFF files, like the GTA models are, BUT, the importer that is out only works on gta files, I'll have to see if I can find someone to get them convert or something

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,590 Posts
    I'm able to get the mesh for props from Battle for Bikini bottom, but characters are not importing in max lik e the props are

Edited:

OMG I GOT PATRICK, but his UV are gone :( I'll have to retexture him I guess

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    July 2011
    273 Posts
    I'm able to get the mesh for props from Battle for Bikini bottom, but characters are not importing in max lik e the props are

Edited:

So you're going with that games models. Nice. Re-texturing it shouldn't be too hard, hopefully. If you look close, you can see where certain texture parts go, like his spots or bellybutton. Those flat parts on his hands are where thumbs come out when needed, if I'm not mistaken.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    427 Posts

Edited:

is that patrick from battle for bikini bottem? how did you manage to get his model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)