1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts
    Because the other thread failed, hard, i have started a new one.

Feel free to tell me if anything is missing or innacurate.

Thread Music-

Or

The Good Trilogy:

Star Wars AKA Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

Part IV in a George Lucas epic, Star Wars: A New Hope opens with a rebel ship being boarded by the tyrannical Darth Vader. The plot then follows the life of a simple farmboy, Luke Skywalker, as he and his newly met allies (Han Solo, Chewbacca, Ben Kenobi, C-3PO, R2-D2) attempt to rescue a rebel leader, Princess Leia, from the clutches of the Empire. The conclusion is culminated as the Rebels, including Skywalker and flying ace Wedge Antilles make an attack on the Empires most powerful and ominous weapon, the Death Star.

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back

Fleeing the evil Galactic Empire, the rebels abandon their new base on Hoth. Princess Leia, Han Solo and the droid C-3P0 escape in the damaged Millenium Falcon, but are later captured by Lord Darth Vader on Bespin. Skywalker and the droid R2-D2, meanwhile, follows Ben Kenobi's posthumous command and receives Jedi training by Yoda on Dagobah. Will Skywalker manage to rescue his friends from the dark lord?

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

Darth Vader and the Empire are building a new, indestructible Death Star. Meanwhile, Han Solo has been imprisoned, and Luke Skywalker has sent R2D2 and C3PO to try and free him. Princess Leia - disguised as a bounty hunter - and Chewbacca go along as well. The final battle takes place on the moon of Endor, with its natural inhabitants, the Ewoks, lending a hand to the rebels. Will Darth Vader and the dark side overcome the rebels and take over the universe?

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

The Bad Trilogy:

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

The evil Trade Federation, led by Nute Gunray is planning to take over the peaceful world of Naboo. Jedi's Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi are sent to confront the leaders. But not everything goes to plan. The two Jedis escape, and along with their new Gungan friend, Jar Jar Binks head to Naboo to warn Queen Amidala, but droids have already started to capture Naboo and the Queen is not safe there. Eventually they land on Tatooine, where they become friends with a young boy known as Anakin Skywalker. Qui-Gon is curious about the boy, and sees a bright future for him. The group must now find a way of getting to Coruscant and to finally solve this trade dispute, but there is someone else hiding in the shadows. Are the sith really extinct? Is the Queen who she really says she is? and what's so special about this young boy?

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

Ten years after the 'Phantom Menace' threatened the planet Naboo, Padmé Amidala is now a Senator representing her homeworld. A faction of political separatists, led by Count Dooku, attempts to assassinate her. There aren't enough Jedi to defend the Republic against the threat, so Chancellor Palpatine enlists the aid of Jango Fett, who promises that his army of clones will handle the situation. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan Kenobi continues to train the young Jedi Anakin Skywalker, who fears that the Jedi code will forbid his growing romance with Amidala.

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

It is three years after the Clone Wars. The leader of the droid army, General Grievous, has captured Chancellor Palpatine on board his ship, the Invisible Hand. Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker must fly through Coruscant safely, and enter the Invisible Hand so that they can rescue the captive Chancellor. Just when Palpatine is about to be released, Count Dooku shows up. Obi-Wan and Anakin both battle it out with him, but Obi-Wan ends up unconscious. Anakin slices off his head and kills him. Anakin carries Obi-Wan, and Palpatine follows him. They meet General Grievous face to face, and Anakin tries to fly the last half of the ship so that they can safely land on Coruscant. Later, Palpatine starts acting strange, constantly manipulating Anakin into believing that the Jedi Council is against him. Eventually, it is found out that he is the Dark Lord of the Sith. Jedi Master Mace Windu fights him...

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

The Ugly (Or in retrospect, the funny):

The Star Wars Holiday Special:

Making The Prequel Trilogy almost looking as good as the original trilogy.

The Star Wars Holiday Special is a 1978 TV movie set in the Star Wars galaxy. The main storyline of the film transpires on the Wookiee home planet of Kashyyyk. Chewbacca and Han Solo visit the planet to celebrate the Wookiee holiday Life Day with his family, which includes his wife Malla, his son Lumpy and his father Itchy. As Chewbacca and Han are known Rebel agents, they are pursued by the Galactic Empire, who in the process invade Chewbacca's household. The plot is strung together by a series of musical numbers, celebrity appearances, and other variety-show acts, including songs and comedy routines by such 1970s celebrities as Jefferson Starship, Diahann Carroll, Art Carney, Harvey Korman, and Beatrice Arthur.

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Extended Universe (and by that, i mean anything that's not Episodes I - VI):

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (Film)

As the Clone Wars sweep through the galaxy, the heroic Jedi Knights struggle to maintain order and restore peace. More and more systems are falling prey to the forces of the dark side as the Galactic Republic slips further and further under the sway of the Separatists and their never-ending droid army. Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan learner Ahsoka Tano find themselves on a mission with far-reaching consequences, one that brings them face-to-face with crime lord Jabba the Hutt. But Count Dooku and his sinister agents, including the nefarious Asajj Ventress, will stop at nothing to ensure that Anakin and Ahsoka fail at their quest. Meanwhile, on the front lines of the Clone Wars, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Master Yoda lead the massive clone army in a valiant effort to resist the forces of the dark side ...

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (based on the Clone Wars film)

The Grand Army of the Republic, led by Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and other Jedi Knights, fights the New Droid Army of the Separatists.

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

Star Wars: Clone Wars (2D Animated Show)

Immediately after the events of Star Wars-Episode II: Attack of the Clones, the Clone Wars continue. The Separatists launch masses of Battle Droids while the Republic has an entire arsonal of Clone Troopers to blow them away. Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice Anakin Skywalker are also participating in the fights against Count Dooku and his defiant separaists. Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu, take part in the battle as well. While down on Coruscant, Padme Amidala, Chancellor Palpatine, C-3PO and R2-D2 hope nothing but good for our heroes. Will the Republic emerge triumphant? Will Dooku and his separatists be brought to their knees? And will Anakin truly bring balance to the Force, or will he bring absolutely tyranny?

IMDB Page
    Wookiepedia Entry

External Links:
    Wookiepedia - You're helpful source for everything Star Wars.
    Wikipedia - You're helpful source for basic Star Wars information and basic information for everything else.

Mr. Plinkett Reviews of the Prequels:
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    Star Wars Episode II: The Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Fanedits:
    Star Wars Section over at Fanedit.org

Best Star Wars Fanedits:
    Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Edit
    Star Wars Episode I: Attack of the Phantom
    STAR WARS: EP IV 2004 Special Edition REVISITED
    War of the Stars: A New Hope Grindhoused
    War of the Stars II: The Future in Motion
    Star Wars - Episode I: The Ridiculous Menace
    Thee Backslacpkping With Media

Fan Films:
    TheForce.net
    The Official Star Wars Fan Film Awards

Official Website:
    The Official Star Wars Website

List of changes in Star Wars re-releases:
    Changes George Lucas has made to erase your childhood memories. Not rape your childhood, just erase it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Silly men accomplish magnificant tasks, the current ammount of womens rear exits that have surrounded my penis makes me confident I will accomplish, shit.
    July 2008
    3,412 Posts
    I love this song.

Especially 1:12 - 1:50
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    I fucking love Star Wars.

I even love those shitty prequels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 38Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    August 2010
    5,362 Posts
    The Force is strong with this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,775 Posts
    Episode 1 wasn't too great, but it did have one thing that I love.

To this day my favourite episode will be number 6. The last confrontation, the redemption and ending make the whole story come to a satisfying conclusion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,228 Posts
    Gonna go rewatch them all now, just 'cause. Also excluding Jar Jar I actually quite liked The Phantom Menace
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    Episode I's greatest accomplishments were the pod racing scene and the music.

I used to love the ending battle with Darth Maul, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon but over the years, looking back, it just looks prepared and choreographed. More like a ballet than a sword fight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2009
    6,469 Posts
    How to enjoy The Phantom Menace (for you annoying twats):

Ignore all scenes with Jar Jar and Anakin (for the sole-concentrated Jar Jar/Anakin scenes, think about everything else that's going on). Next thing you know, there they are!

All douchebaggery aside, Star Wars has been and will be my favorite movies of all time.

Also, fanedits suck, it's just a fact (silly amateur filmmakers thinking they can perfect perfection). I dare anyone to go watch Adywan's A New Hope Revisited and tell me it actually improved the original film.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,053 Posts
    How dare you not include the Christmas Special in the OP, you disgust me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    How to enjoy The Phantom Menace (for you annoying twats):

Ignore all scenes with Jar Jar and Anakin (for the sole-concentrated Jar Jar/Anakin scenes, think about everything else that's going on). Next thing you know, there they are!

All douchebaggery aside, Star Wars has been and will be my favorite movies of all time.

Also, fanedits suck, it's just a fact (silly amateur filmmakers thinking they can perfect perfection). I dare anyone to go watch Adywan's A New Hope Revisited and tell me it actually improved the original film.
    So, in order to enjoy a movie, you have to forget 20% of the movie even happened?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2011
    1,826 Posts
    Well, so much for an unbiased megathread.

Just because the prequels weren't up to the tier of the original trilogy (what movies are?) do we constantly need to berate them?

Edited:

Mostly just said all of that because I love Attack of the Clones to death.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,592 Posts
    I dare anyone to go watch Adywan's A New Hope Revisited and tell me it actually improved the original film.
    I prefer it over the Lucas Special editions.
    Which is what Adywan's Revisited was suppose to be. It is not suppose to be an improvement over the originals, it is suppose to be an improvement over the Special Editions.

Edited:

What would 4-6 be like if Lucas made 1-3 first?

What I mean is, what if he made 1-3 in the 70's instead, with the same style he made 4-6 IRL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    Which is what Adywan's Revisited was suppose to be. It is not suppose to be an improvement over the originals, it is suppose to be an improvement over the Special Editions.

Edited:

What I mean is, what if he made 1-3 in the 70's instead, with the same style he made 4-6 IRL?
    No we wouldn't. The new movies just aren't as good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,592 Posts
    I'm saying "What if" Lucas made 1-3 in the same Mind set as 4-6 but in the 70's instead of 4-6, and then he made 4-6 in the 2000's

If he made 1-3 in the same Mind set he had back in the 70's they probably would have been a lot better.

Edited:

More Blu-Ray info. Big thing. They Fixed the damn Lightsabre cores in the OT!

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31...ands-on-report
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/31...i-matthew-wood
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...s/preview.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

15. Post #15
    August 2011
    6 Posts

Stoned puppet Yoda replaced with CG Yoda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    So I went on the Wikia and found that an entry on Han Solos son. Which is a character of the extended universe only. Had a 70000 word entry and was 100 pages at 12 font size while taking several minutes to scroll down

The true fans have so much dedication that they would count the bacteria in a scene and right a thesis paper about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    November 2009
    9,942 Posts
    WHERE'S THE PART ON CLONE WARS

Also, Favourite scene of the series.

Edited:

And this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts
    I've been updating the OP as this thread has been going on. I recently watched Episodes IV, V and VI, which made me want to talk about them on Facepunch, in which i saw the previous thread that was terrible and lead me to create this one.

I've also sought out the theatrical versions of Episodes of IV, V and VI, and they are the preferred versions, even with the few legitmate fixes in the Special Editions for some of the special effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    In my opinion, the CGI Clone Wars series is better than the animated one.

I love the Mortis episodes, the Son's voice actor is really really good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,592 Posts

The Son was played by Sam Whitwer, who played the Apprentice in the Force Unleashed.

The most recent season of the CG Clone Wars was my favourite. Most of the story Arcs were dark, heck I'd have to say I think a Few of the episodes would probably not be suitable for children.

Liam Neeson was in the Mortis(?) story arc, playing a Ghost of Qui-Gon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,216 Posts

God no. Most of it is stupid happy go lucky nothing can go wrong in the end crap, full of dumb one liners. Oh and Anakin's apprentice there is so set up to die it's not even funny.

Plus it fucked up a lot of the already established EU, and the old stuff was a whole lot better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    Way to shit on my opinion, but here may be one that you can agree with.

A live action series based on the Republic comic book series.

You know, Alpha-17, Jabiim assault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #23
    November 2009
    6,469 Posts

Edited:

"was supposed to be" which then ended up being what adywan wanted to see.

anyway, it's still a giant shithole of a fanedit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    My sister hasn't seen any of the Star Wars movies. Being at 9 years old, I would have seen the original trilogy several times by now.

It's not too late. We're watching the 4, 5 and 6 within the week.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    The Disabled Kid
    Dennab
    February 2011
    4,770 Posts
    Light sabers could easily destroy any Star Trek equipment!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    My friend hates Star Wars for not being realistic.

I will admit, the laser sword theory doesn't make sense. Lasers don't go to a certain distance and stop, but I still love the series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,118 Posts
    I like the CGI series as well. Gorgerous looking animation and exciting sequences
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,216 Posts
    Way to shit on my opinion, but here may be one that you can agree with.

A live action series based on the Republic comic book series.

You know, Alpha-17, Jabiim assault.
    Sorry I didn't mean to be rude. IMO Lucas just needs to leave Star Wars the fuck alone, he's killed it already for me (and my user name is Thrawn for fuck's sake). And I don't mean he should stop having involvement in the creation of new material (all he probably does now is give the ok), he should just stop making new Star Wars stuff... or atleast make sure it doesn't fucking destroy the established lore.

It's just I don't really like what Star Wars has become. I mean it was always a kids movie, but why does that mean it has to be filled with stupid one liners and nothing can go wrong in the end type of mentality? I mean obviously the good guys always win in the end, but atleast in the OT (hell even the PT) there were points that most hope was lost. And honestly, look back at the OT and how it was made. 4 was only good because the editor said "fuck you Lucas this movie makes no sense the way you want it edited" and 5 wasn't directed by him. As much as I love 6... something about me still can't forgive Ewoks defeating the Empire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,284 Posts
    My friend hates Star Wars for not being realistic.

I will admit, the laser sword theory doesn't make sense. Lasers don't go to a certain distance and stop, but I still love the series.
    Star Wars is more fantasy, which is why none of the tech is explained and the force is explained. Star Trek is more set in reality where everything is explained and has a certain logic to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,117 Posts
    Say what you want about the prequels, but the duel between Obi-wan and Vader cut together with the duel between Yoda and Sidious was just awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

31. Post #31
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    Say what you want about the prequels, but the duel between Obi-wan and Vader cut together with the duel between Yoda and Sidious was just awesome.
    A lot of people found that fight scene boring because it went on too long.

I thought it was near-perfect. After watching it for the first time, I said that the Yoda fight was my favorite fight of the movie.

32. Post #32
    March 2011
    1,826 Posts
    I enjoyed Mace Windu kicking Palpatine's ass myself, although all of the saber fights (excluding the General Grievous one) were awesome in Revenge of the Sith.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,228 Posts
    As well as those above I quite liked Qui-Gon and Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    NEAT GUY
    January 2011
    18,530 Posts
    I still remember going to see a movie in theaters and seeing the trailer for Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

I must have been 7 or 8 at the time, but I was shitting my pants. At first I thought they brought Qui-Gon back and got a new actor for Obi-Wan.

Good times. I also remember when I thought that Jango Fett was the coolest villain ever, along with Darth Maul.

35. Post #35
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,730 Posts
    A lot of people found that fight scene boring because it went on too long.

I thought it was near-perfect. After watching it for the first time, I said that the Yoda fight was my favorite fight of the movie.
    it was an overindulgent mess of poor pacing and too many special effects in a movie that was already overindulgent, poorly paced, and had too many special effects
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    November 2009
    6,469 Posts
    it was an overindulgent mess of poor pacing and too many special effects in a movie that was already overindulgent, poorly paced, and had too many special effects
    Too many special effects? You realize it was basically three guys waving sticks around on a green screen right?

And the pacing was spot on, dunno what you're talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,164 Posts
    the intro for episode 3 was the best intro ever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,943 Posts
    Episode 3 was the only good thing in the new trilogy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    March 2011
    1,826 Posts
    Too many special effects? You realize it was basically three guys waving sticks around on a green screen right?

I wouldn't say spot on, Anakin's whole fall felt a little rushed. Besides that the pacing's good, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,730 Posts

um

special effects doesn't just mean practical effects, dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)