1. Post #1

February 2011
    33 Posts
    I found a model on the internet that I want rigged for Garry's Mod. Can you do that? http://www.mediafire.com/?tbi1ec7m3dftqq2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 39Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2008
    209 Posts
    Luna? oogaboogaman might rig it, along with others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    2,092 Posts
    "Pony_model_luna" oh god..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree x 42Funny x 14Dumb x 3Disagree x 2Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4

February 2011
    33 Posts
    "Pony_model_luna" oh god..
    Yes. It's spreading like a virus. You will be assimilated into the herd. Resistance is futile.

Luna? oogaboogaman might rig it, along with others.
    oogabogaman on dA? He's been pretty unresponsive. Probably schoolwork.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 52Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    oogabogaman on dA? He's been pretty unresponsive. Probably schoolwork.
    He has an account on Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    Luna released already? Damn. I'm already working on Celestia...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Optimistic Optimistic x 8Funny Funny x 6 (list)

7. Post #7

February 2011
    33 Posts
    Luna released already? Damn. I'm already working on Celestia...
    Where will you release them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    Probably Equestria Daily again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

February 2011
    33 Posts
    Probably Equestria Daily again.
    If you can, send a note to me on dA with a link to them. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 13Useful x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Lyra and Bon-Bon have also been released, but I don't know how long they have been out and they are all in pose 0.

http://kp-shadowsquirrel.deviantart....lery/#/d3k5wig
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    If those two follow the same pony template (Which looks like they do) they should be easy to rig/add to the collection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2011
    7 Posts
    o.o how long does it take you to rig those things cause they did lyra and bon bon too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    o.o how long does it take you to rig those things cause they did lyra and bon bon too
    I've already said about Lyra and Bon-Bon.

Just let him get on with it. The less people that ask him about it means that he will get it done quicker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    http://marineacu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d46zjw5

These are reskins of many background ponies. I'm not sure if Lyra and Bon Bon are there.

If they are, you can use those for now until the others are rigged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    548 Posts
    Yeah, but my many reskins are look-a-likes, so... you decide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    http://marineacu.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d46zjw5

These are reskins of many background ponies. I'm not sure if Lyra and Bon Bon are there.

If they are, you can use those for now until the others are rigged.
    Lyra and Bon-Bon are in that pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

February 2011
    33 Posts
    Man, now my inbox is going to be flooded with updates from this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    That's if people keep on posting to this thread, especially oogaboogaman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    Well she compiles, barely, but she's like 50 million polygons. Not sure if possible to make outline version.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,416 Posts
    I got a count of 16,632 on the low poly version of her. Think you could try that version for the outlines?

you may also want to look into removing hidden polygons that have no chance of being seen. Ex: The inner part of Celestia's Chest plate thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    Wow I totally overlooked the low poly version. Thanks, makes rigging this much easier.

I'll see how smoothing this goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    KP-ShadowSquirrel is apparently working on a enhanced Derpy model (few extra polygons maybe?) and a Trixie model after he makes the complete poses for Celestia and Luna. Also bringing to question that would the hat and cape that she has be body groups or seperate props if they were made and ported to GMod.

http://kp-shadowsquirrel.deviantart.com/#/d48d2lm
    The textures on the model look pretty good.

I'm thinking that making a Nightmare Moon model was be just a simple reskin of Celestia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,416 Posts
    I doubt It'll be that simple as she'll need her armor.

In the mean time, I'm making a Nyx ragdoll by using pices from Lyra, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash, and modifying them where necessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    548 Posts
    KP-ShadowSquirrel is apparently working on a enhanced Derpy model (few extra polygons maybe?) and a Trixie model after he makes the complete poses for Celestia and Luna. Also bringing to question that would the hat and cape that she has be body groups or seperate props if they were made and ported to GMod.

I'm thinking that making a Nightmare Moon model was be just a simple reskin of Celestia.
    I can try to make NM, if i have free time.

oogaboogaman, can you port trophies? This is will be quite useful, i think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    I can as a prop. Though, I have no idea what size they should be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    548 Posts
    Hmm... probably like a mane six.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    I cannot rig them as a ragdoll because it would take far too much time and work due to the model being asymmetrical and not following the other mane 6 pony template.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    548 Posts
    And i think need as prop, not ragdoll, and if that will be difficult, leave the same size as they are created.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

February 2011
    33 Posts

The original model would look slightly better due to Garry's Mod's, well, modeling. You CAN make hi-res reskins, but ponies are highly animated in their show. Thus, having alot of polygons and joints. This makes for quite a large file, so having it be a little more low-res would be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    but ponies are highly animated in their show. Thus, having alot of polygons and joints.
    I can't see how a cartoon animation affects the balance and flexibility of 3D models, I know that in the show that the characters are pretty flexible depending on what they do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    And i think need as prop, not ragdoll, and if that will be difficult, leave the same size as they are created.
    What size is that? Do you have a reference? Or should I make it the same size as the other ponies?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    What size is that? Do you have a reference? Or should I make it the same size as the other ponies?
    I'm guessing he means that they should be the same size as the mane 6, and maybe a 2nd set where they are down sized and as big as the Saxxy trophy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    Alright got the low res rigged and she's eye-poseable. She's also 2x easier to pose than the mane six, since I've tried to optimize the hell out of it.

Not sure what to do about the hair and tail... I think there will be too many bones. Maybe make them separate models or something. (Currently she doesn't have poseable hair or tail.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Alright got the low res rigged and she's eye-poseable. She's also 2x easier to pose than the mane six, since I've tried to optimize the hell out of it.

*Celestia*

Not sure what to do about the hair and tail... I think there will be too many bones. Maybe make them separate models or something. (Currently she doesn't have poseable hair or tail.)
    I'm liking the work you have done so far!, by the way.. the way that Celestia looks at the camera just makes me feel... uneasy... (Molestia?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #36

February 2011
    33 Posts

[INSERT CELESTIA HERE]

OMGOMG IS PRETTY! Sorry. Couldn't hold myself for awhile. I think you should make the hair jiggly bones. That should be equal to, say, the amount of joints in Pinkie Pie (her hair's posable, so I'm using her as an example)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    OMGOMG IS PRETTY! Sorry. Couldn't hold myself for awhile. I think you should make the hair jiggly bones. That should be equal to, say, the amount of joints in Pinkie Pie (her hair's posable, so I'm using her as an example)
    Jigglebones are not the best idea for a model with hair that big.

38. Post #38

February 2011
    33 Posts
    Jigglebones are not the best idea for a model with hair that big.
    Good point. But imagining Celestia without hair? *shudders* I think I'd rather be banished to the moon for 1000 years then see that. But, do what you have to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,529 Posts
    Jigglebones aren't practical for ragdolls. Maybe only if they are npcs or playermodels.

I also might be able to fit enough bones for the hair and tail in one model because of optimization.

40. Post #40
    February 2008
    2,048 Posts
    Jigglebones aren't practical for ragdolls. Maybe only if they are npcs or playermodels.

I also might be able to fit enough bones for the hair and tail in one model because of optimization.
    I'm guessing the Luna model is going to be a little bit of a copy/paste of some of the bones and flexes from the Celestia model or something.